The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 10 September 2019
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary‘ plays a vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocabulary on daily basis to enhance vocabulary power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
- QUIXOTIC (ADJECTIVE): (विलक्षण)
Synonyms: impractical, dreamy
Antonyms: realistic, sensible
Example: It was clearly a quixotic case against the defendant.
- DISINGENUOUS (ADJECTIVE): (कपटी)
Synonyms: unfair, cunning
Antonyms: frank, truthful
Example: It was disingenuous of her to claim she had no financial interest in the company.
- DERISIVE (ADJECTIVE): (व्यंग्यात्मक)
Synonyms: cheeky, mocking
Antonyms: polite, respectful
Example: It was a derisive act.
4. ODIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (घिनौना)
Synonyms: disgusting, horrid
Antonyms: attractive, delightful
Example: The detective said it was the most odious crime she had ever seen.
5. FORTUITOUS (ADJECTIVE): (आकस्मिक)
Synonyms: random, chance
Antonyms: intentional, planned
Example: The check could not have arrived at a more fortuitous time.
- DISTEND (VERB): (फूलना या फूलाना)
Synonyms: bloat, expand
Antonyms: shrink, compress
Example: Excess weight caused his belly to distend.
- ANNULMENT (NOUN): (विलोपन)
Synonyms: abrogation, cancellation
Antonyms: approval, confirmation
Example: The annulment of his contract taught him a lesson of not counting the chickens before they are hatched.
- EFFRONTERY (NOUN): (धृष्टता)
Synonyms: assurance, brashness
Antonyms: politeness, humility
Example: I keep effrontery at the bay with my dear ones.
- FACETIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (हंसमुख)
Synonyms: blithe, capering
Antonyms: serious, unfunny
Example: Because she was overbearing and often facetious, Jane had few friends.
- SWINDLE (VERB): (ठगना)
Synonyms: con, garble
Antonyms: be honest, tell truth
Example: He is back to the drawing board in swindling the police.
You can also Read this:
ambitiousbaba.com Study Materials
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account