The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 12th April 2019
(1) QUIXOTIC (ADJECTIVE): idealistic : (विलक्षण)
Synonyms: impractical, dreamy
Antonyms: realistic, sensible
Example: It was clearly a quixotic case against the defendant.
(2) DISINGENUOUS (ADJECTIVE): not straightforward or candid : (कपटी)
Synonyms: unfair, cunning
Antonyms: frank, truthful
Example: It was disingenuous of her to claim she had no financial interest in the company.
(3) DERISIVE (ADJECTIVE): ridiculing : (व्यंग्यात्मक)
Synonyms: cheeky, mocking
Antonyms: polite, respectful
Example: It was a derisive act.
(4) ODIOUS (ADJECTIVE): extremely unpleasant : (घिनौना)
Synonyms: disgusting, horrid
Antonyms: attractive, delightful
Example: The detective said it was the most odious crime she had ever seen.
(5) FORTUITOUS (ADJECTIVE): lucky, accidental : (आकस्मिक)
Synonyms: random, chance
Antonyms: intentional, planned
Example: The check could not have arrived at a more fortuitous time.
(6) IMPORTUNATE (ADJECTIVE): demanding : (हठी)
Synonyms: burning, crying
Antonyms: unimportant, relaxed
Example: This is an importunate thing.
(7) CANDID (ADJECTIVE): honest : (स्पष्टवादी)
Synonyms: blunt, forthright
Antonyms: biased, tactful
Example: His candid effort towards making his country great.
(8) TRICKY (ADJECTIVE): complicated : (छली)
Synonyms: complex, critical
Antonyms: certain, direct
Example: This question is too tricky to solve.
(9) OBDURATE (ADJECTIVE): stubborn : (हठी)
Synonyms: adamant, bullhead
Antonyms: gentle, submissive
Example: Obdurate boys do not get everything that they want.
(10) DOGGED (ADJECTIVE): determined : (दृढ़)
Synonyms: relentless, resolute
Antonyms: irresolute, weak
Example: He is a dogged person for his work.
You can also Read this:
- One liner Current affairs March 2019| Download PDF
- February 2019 Current Affairs MCQ’s PDF | Date-wise: Download now
- Current Affairs February 2019 GA Revision : Download PDF (Bilingual)
- For More GA PDF Click Here
- For One Liner PDF Click Here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|