The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 15th March 2019
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary’ plays a vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocab on daily basis to enhance vocab power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
- DEVIOUS (ADJECTIVE): deceitful 🙁कपटी)
Synonyms: duplicitous, insidious
Antonyms: honest, forthright
Example: He plays a devious character.
2. DISENTOMB(VERB): disclose 🙁अन्वेषण करना)
Synonyms: resurrect, unearth
Antonyms: entomb, bury
Example: They disentombed the matter.
3. CANARD (NOUN): fabrication 🙁झूठी अफ़वाह)
Synonyms: exaggeration, lie
Antonyms: truth, reality
Example: Her statement was full of canard.
- CANDOR (NOUN): complete honesty 🙁निष्कपटता)
Synonyms: directness, fairness
Antonyms: dishonesty, unfairness
Example: She has done her task with complete candor.
- BRIGAND (NOUN): hoodlum 🙁बटमार)
Synonyms: bandit, desperado
Antonyms: law, police
Example: He is a brigand.
- RESORT (VERB): (प्रयोग करना)make use of
Synonyms: utilize, put to use
Antonyms: misuse, exploit
Ex- There is actual incitement to take up arms or resort to violence.
- SOVEREIGNTY (NOUN): (प्रभुत्व)domination
Synonyms: dominance, supremacy
Antonyms: adroit, dexterous
Example: He had been raised to accept the sovereignty of Dad over Mom.
- DILIGENTLY (ADVERB): (कर्मठतापूर्वक)vigorously
Synonyms: actively, restlessly
Antonyms: idly, inactively
Example: Their investigation has since been diligently prosecuted.
- ANOMALOUS (ADJECTIVE): (विलक्षण)abnormal
Synonyms: atypical, peculiar
Antonyms: ordinary, standard
Example: I witnessed an anomalous situation.
- COUCH (VERB): (शब्दों में कहना)express in particular way
Synonyms: state, utter
Antonyms: be quiet, listen
Example: The assurances were couched in general terms.