The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 15th May 2019
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary‘ plays a vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocab on daily basis to enhance vocab power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
- UNLETTERED (ADJECTIVE): (निरक्षर)Uneducated
Synonyms: ignorant, illiterate
Antonyms: educated, literate
Example: Such misconceptions have not been confined to the unlettered masses.
- SPRIGHTLY (ADJECTIVE): (प्रमुदित)Lively
Synonyms: agile, active
Antonyms: spiritless, lethargic
Example: The sprightly old woman walks two miles every day.
- SANCTIMONIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (पाखंडी)Self-righteous
Synonyms: insincere, hypocritical
Antonyms: honest, sincere
Example: His sanctimonious expressions explained his intentions.
- SULLEN (ADJECTIVE): (उदास)Morose
Synonyms: gloomy, brooding
Antonyms: cheerful, pleasant
Example: The offenders lapsed into a sullen silence.
- WREAK (VERB): (बदला लेना): avenge
Synonyms: destroy, demolish
Antonyms: construct, repair
Example: Terrorists love to wreak damage wherever they can.
6. WANE (VERB): (अलग करना): separate
Synonyms: disconnect, detach
Antonyms: attach, connect
Example: She waned her individual ideas from the group.
- NADIR (NOUN): (निम्नतम):lowest point
Synonyms: base, bottom
Antonyms: top, highest point
Example: The sun does not spring at once from the nadir to the zenith.
- ODIUM (NOUN): (घृणा):shame, dishonor
Synonyms: abhorrence, antipathy
Antonyms: affection, approval
Example: Because of my odium for the politician’s views, I have no plans to vote for him.
- BEFUDDLE (VERB): (व्याकुल होना):baffle
Synonyms: puzzle, bewilder
Antonyms: orient, balance
Example: Prashant is befuddled about Riya’s question.
- STICKLER (NOUN): (पूर्णतावादी):perfectionist
Synonyms: disciplinarian, pedant
Antonyms: beginner, trainee
Example: Amir Khan is an stickler.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
You can also Read this:
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|