The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 16th March 2019
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary’ plays a vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocab on daily basis to enhance vocab power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
- RESORT (VERB): (प्रयोग करना)make use of
Synonyms: utilize, put to use
Antonyms: misuse, exploit
Example: There is actual incitement to take up arms or resort to violence.
- SOVEREIGNTY (NOUN): (प्रभुत्व)domination
Synonyms: dominance, supremacy
Antonyms: adroit, dexterous
Example: He had been raised to accept the sovereignty of Dad over Mom.
- DILIGENTLY (ADVERB): (कर्मठतापूर्वक)vigorously
Synonyms: actively, restlessly
Antonyms: idly, inactively
Example: Their investigation has since been diligently prosecuted.
- ANOMALOUS (ADJECTIVE): (विलक्षण)abnormal
Synonyms: atypical, peculiar
Antonyms: ordinary, standard
Example: I witnessed an anomalous situation.
- 5. COUCH (VERB): (शब्दों में कहना)express in particular way
Synonyms: state, utter
Antonyms: be quiet, listen
Example: The assurances were couched in general terms.
- DAUNT (VERB): (धमकाना): Frighten
Synonyms: appal, deter
Antonyms: calm, comfort
Example: On hearing that she left her home, made me felt hell lot daunted.
- DISTEND (VERB): (फूलना या फूलाना): Bulge
Synonyms: bloat, expand
Antonyms: shrink, compress
Example: Excess weight caused his belly to distend.
- EFFRONTERY (NOUN): (धृष्टता): Arrogance
Synonyms: assurance, brashness
Antonyms: politeness, humility
Example: I keep effrontery at the bay with my dear ones.
- FACETIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (हंसमुख): Amusing
Synonyms: blithe, capering
Antonyms: serious, unfunny
Example: Because she was overbearing and often facetious, Jane had few friends.
- SWINDLE (VERB): (ठगना): Deceive
Synonyms: con, garble
Antonyms: be honest, tell truth
Example: He is back to the drawing board in swindling the police.