The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 5 July 2019
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary‘ plays a vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocabulary on daily basis to enhance vocabulary power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
- PERSECUTE (VERB): (उत्सुकता)harass
Synonyms: maltreat, molest
Antonyms: protect, comfort
Example: She was persecuted by some of the other girl.
- STRIDENT (ADJECTIVE): (कर्कश) harsh
Synonyms: raucous, grating
Antonyms: moderate, mild
Example: Alpa couldn’t prevent him from propagating strident views on religion.
- DISSENT (NOUN): (असम्मति) disagreement
Synonyms: argument, discord
Antonyms: acceptance, agreement
Example: The union is going to dissent with management’s offer of a small pay increase.
- SCATHING (ADJECTIVE): (तीखा) nasty
Synonyms: harsh, biting
Antonyms: gentle, mild
Example: Ever since he sent me a scathing email about my work performance, he has avoided me in the office.
- DISAPPROBATION (NOUN): (अस्वीकृति) disapproval
Synonyms: censure, boycott
Antonyms: approval, endorsement
Example: As soon as the dog saw its owner’s disapprobation, it hid its face under its paws.
- STIMULATE (VERB): provoke:(उत्तेजित करना)
Synonyms: elate, arouse
Antonyms: neglect, dishearten
Example: The teacher has to stimulate the students in order to create a hunger in them.
- UNPRECEDENTED (ADJECTIVE): exceptional:(अभूतपूर्व)
Synonyms: bizarre, anomalous
Antonyms: familiar, regular
Example: We have come across unprecedented reactions that weren’t expected.
- PIQUANT (ADJECTIVE): sparkling:(सरस)
Synonyms: peppery, spicy
Antonyms: flavorless, tasteless
Example: We need to eat piquant dishes in order to get the real taste of Royal Rajasthan.
- RUSTICATE (VERB): expel:(दंडस्वरूप निष्कासित करना)
Synonyms: dispel, ostracize
Antonyms: incorporate, inculcate
Example: The principal will rusticate all the students who don’t deserve to be taught in a healthy environment
- DRAPE (VERB): cover:(ढांकना)
Synonyms: wrap, envelop
Antonyms: unwrap, uncover
Example: The snow draped everything as the temperature kept deteriorating.
You can also Read this:
ambitiousbaba.com Study Materials
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account