♠The Hindu Review♠
The hindu review provide you daily current affairs and English for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ PM Modi dedicates Visakhapatnam SPR facility to the nation at Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today dedicated to the nation the 1.33 million metric ton capacity Visakhapatnam Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facility at Guntur in Andhra Pradesh.
- Addressing the gathering, PM Modi said the project is not only important for Andhra Pradesh but for the entire nation to meet its energy needs.
- He wished the people of the state saying they are ahead and progressive in all fields.
- Prime Minister will also inaugurate Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited’s Vashishta and S1 development project located in the Krishna-Godavari Offshore Basin.
- The Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone for setting up of a new terminal of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) at Krishnapatnam.
- After his programmes at Guntur in Andhra Pradesh, Prime Minister Modi will reach Tiruppur in Tamil Nadu this afternoon.
- From there, PM Modi will inaugurate several development projects and lay foundation stone for a few other schemes in the state through video-conferencing.
♦ MOU signed between EIL and Mongolia for Project Management Consultancy for oil refinery
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Engineers India Ltd, a PSU under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, and the Government of Mongolia through Mongol Refinery State Owned LLC was signed today, on the sidelines of PETROTECH-2019 event at Greater Noida, UP. The MoU is for Project Management Consultancy services for construction of an oil refinery plant in Mongolia by EIL.
- Government of Mongolia is in process to set-up 1.5 MMTPA greenfield crude oil refinery in Sainshand province, under Line of Credit (LoC) extended by Government of India. EIL has carried out Detailed Feasibility Study for the project.
- It has been pre-qualified and subsequently shortlisted for providing project management consultancy services to Mongol Refinery for the project.
- The MoU was signed by DrAltantsetsegDashdavaa, Executive Director, Mongol Refinery State Owned LLC and Mr R.K.Sabharwal, Director (Commercial), EIL in the presence of Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the Mongolian minister.
♦ Union Minister Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurates Cremica Food Park, the1st Mega Food Park of Himachal Pradesh
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal today inaugurated Cremica Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd via video conference. The Park is located at Village Singhain Una District of Himachal Pradesh. This is the first Mega Food Park operationalized in the State of Himachal Pradesh. The inauguration took place in presence of Shri Jai Ram Thakur, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Himachal Pradesh, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha, Hamirpur.
- The Park will give an impetus to the growth of the Food Processing Sector in Himachal Pradesh. Cremica Mega Food Park will benefit the people of Una District and the people of nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur & Bilaspur. This Mega Food Park has been set up in 52.40 acre of land at a cost of Rs. 107.34 crore. The facilities being created by the developer at Central Processing Centre (CPC) of this Mega Food Park includeMulti-crop pulping line with bulk aseptic packaging (24 MT/ hour), Frozen storage (1000 MT), Deep Freeze, Dry Warehouse, QC Laboratory and other food processing facilities.The Park also has a common administrative building for office and other uses by the entrepreneurs and 3 PPCs at Solan, Mandi, and Kangra having facilities for primary processing and storage near the farms.
- Speaking on the occasion, Smt. Badal said that the Mega Food Park will leverage an additional investment of about Rs. 250 crores in 25-30 food processing units in the park and generate a turnover of about Rs. 450-500 crore annually. The Park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 persons and benefit about 25,000 farmers in the CPC and PPC catchment areas.
♦ PM to serve 3 billionth meal to children in Vrindavan today
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will visit Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh today on 11 February 2019.
- He will unveil the plaque to mark the serving of 3rd billionth meal by Akshaya Patra Foundation at Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir.
- The Prime Minister will then serve the 3rd billionth meal to underprivileged children from schools.He will later address a gathering on this occasion.
- Shri Modi will also pay floral tribute at the Vigraha of Srila Prabhupad, the Acharya of ISCKON.
- The occasion is to commemorate the serving of 3 billion meals by the foundation.
♦ Table Tennis: India’s young paddlers clinch four medals
- Besides the gold, India won two silver and a bronze. India fielded three teams in the cadet girls’ team event and swept all the three medals on offer.
- India-A team won the gold, India-B – Silver and India-C – Bronze.
- The India-B team of Yashaswini Ghorpade and Kavya Sree Baskar beat Egypt in the first semifinal, while India-A defeated India-C in the other semifinal.
- In the final, the India-A team of Suhana Saini and Anargya Manjunath proved too strong for India-B and clinched the Gold.
- In the Junior girls’ competition, the Indian team of Manushree Patil and Swastika Ghosh beat three teams before losing to eventual champions Russia to settle for a Silver.
♦ Pension scheme for workers in informal sector to kick-start from February 15
- All unorganised sector workers up to 40 years of age can subscribe to the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PMSYM) scheme, which entails a minimum monthly pension of ₹3,000, from February 15, a Labour Ministry notification said.
- The scheme, announced by Finance Minister Piyush Goyal in the Interim Budget, is targeted at unorganised sector workers with monthly income of up to ₹15,000.
- Mr. Goyal had said it would benefit 10 crore workers in the next five years. The scheme would provide them with an assured pension of ₹3,000 from the age of 60 years on a monthly contribution of a small amount during their working life.
- “This scheme may be called the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan, 2019. It shall come into force on the 15th day of February, 2019….the unorganised workers have option to become the members of the scheme, on and from the 15th day of February, 2019,” the notification issued by the Labour Ministry said.
- The monthly contribution by the worker joining the scheme would be ₹55, with matching contributions from the government.
- The contributions would rise at higher age. The worker joining the scheme at the age of 40 years would contribute ₹200, while workers at the age of 29 years would pay ₹100.
♠Vocabulary (The Hindu)♠
- PREROGATIVE (NOUN): right: (परमाधिकार)
Synonyms: immunity, advantage
Antonyms: duty, obligation
Example: He is the person who has the prerogative to instruct everyone.
- CONFER (VERB): consult: (मन्त्रणा करना)
Synonyms: huddle, negotiate
Antonyms: refuse, dishonour
Example: This community has conferred on a particular brief.
- VOUCHSAFE (VERB): grant something to someone: (सम्मानित करना)
Synonyms: award, bestow
Antonyms: reject, veto
Example: He wondered whether the government would vouchsafe him.
- TENET (NOUN): principle: (सिद्धांत)
Synonyms: credo, assumption
Antonyms: reality, unbelief
Example: Our texts, tenets and traditions mark a departure from modern experience.
- ELATION (NOUN): extreme happiness:(आनंद)
Synonyms: bliss, ecstasy
Antonyms: sorrow, woe
Example: His elation increased at the sight of the little girl he had saved.
- GRAVELY (ADVERB): very much; desperately:(गंभीर भाव से)
Synonyms: deeply, seriously
Antonyms: lightly, calmly
Example: She listened to her father gravely.
- DIAPHANOUS (ADJECTIVE): light, airy, transparent:(पारदर्शी)
Synonyms: flimsy, clear
Antonyms: opaque, thick
Example: Sunlight poured in through the diaphanous curtains, brightening the room.
- BLANDISHMENT (NOUN): flattery:(चापलूसी)
Synonyms: adulation, cajolery
Antonyms: criticism, condemnation
Example: At first he used his arts of blandishment and honeyed words in order to lure his boss.
Filler Based On The Hindu Editorial
Tough-talking: On Taliban reconciliation process
The Taliban reconciliation process is moving at a faster pace than was anticipated. Talks facilitated by Russia in Moscow this week, with mainstream Afghan politicians sitting around the table with Taliban leaders, are similar in their ……..(1)……… to the recent U.S.-Taliban talks in Qatar, though the two are rival processes. The U.S. and Russia have ………(2)………. the idea that peace in Afghanistan is not possible without major concessions to the Taliban, including dialogue without insisting on a cessation of violence. In the duration of the Moscow conference alone, Taliban fighters killed 47 security forces personnel in attacks in Kunduz, Baghlan and Samangan provinces. The U.S. and Russia have, in separate processes, agreed to sidestep the Ashraf Ghani regime in Kabul, and accepted the Taliban’s condition that it will not ………(3)……… with the elected Afghan government at this stage. And both the Russian and U.S. processes are dependent on cooperation from Pakistan, which retains its influence over the Taliban leadership. Clearly, the current talks with the Taliban are not within the “red lines” agreed to by all stakeholders in the past: they are not Afghan-led, owned or controlled, and the Taliban has not abjured violence, or sworn allegiance to the Afghan constitution before joining talks.
However, despite the deep and obvious misgivings in New Delhi, it would be pointless to ignore or reject the outcomes of the talks, where some progress has been made. The U.S. has managed to bring senior Taliban leaders to the table, and is discussing the contours of its ultimate withdrawal from the Afghan war. The Taliban has unequivocally renounced ties with al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, and committed to preventing Afghan soil from being used by foreign terrorists. For its part, Russia has ……….(4)………. conferences where Taliban leaders sat down with members of the Afghan High Peace Council and senior Afghan politicians, including some contesting in this year’s presidential elections. While India’s principled position that it will not directly or publicly talk to the Taliban until it engages the Afghan government remains valid, it is necessary that India stays ……….(5)……..of all negotiations and isn’t cut out of the resolution process. It is hoped that a robust channel is open between Indian intelligence agencies and all important groups in Afghanistan, including the Taliban, in order to ensure that Indian interests, development projects and citizens are kept secure. New Delhi must intensify its dialogue with regional and global stakeholders, and impress upon them that any dialogue with the Taliban must not come at the cost of the hard-fought victories of the Afghan people in the past two decades: on establishing constitutional democracy and the rule of law, and securing the rights of women and minorities.
C) Sort out
E) None of these
Question 6: Select the word which is most nearly the OPPOSITE MEANING as the word printed in bold as used in the passage.
Abjured (कदम से कदम मिलाए हुए)
C) Take back,
Mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our Blog for Regular Updates:- Ambitious Baba
Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here
Telegram Group:- Click Here
Subscribe our YouTube channel:- Click Here
Follow us on Twitter:- Click Here
Join us on Linked In:- Click Here
“Thanks & Be Ambitious”😊😊