Daily GK Update 4 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Tamil Nadu grants 100% vehicle tax waiver to EVs
- Tamil Nadu Government has notified that is will grant 100 percent motor vehicle tax exemption for battery-operated vehicles or the Electric Vehicles (EVs).
- The State Government’s order came after careful examination. State will grant 100 percent tax exemption on all the transport and non-transport vehicles.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦Odisha bans sale, use of firecrackers from November 10-30
- The government of Odisha has prohibited the sale and use of firecrackers from November 10 to 30 in the public interest. The ban comes in the wake of potentially harmful consequences of burning of crackers amid the COVID-l9 pandemic situation and approaching winter.
- Deepavali, the festival of lights, may be celebrated in the traditional way by lighting of earthen lamps (Mati Deepa/Diya), candles and other traditional lighting materials Govt. said.
♦Cabinet Approves Rs 1810 crore investment proposal on Luhri Hydro Power Project
- The Union Cabinet , chaired by PM Modi, approved the proposal for investing Rs 1810 crore to the 210 MW of Luhri Stage I Hydro Power Project. The proposal was accepted on November 4, 2020.
- The hydro power project would be constructed on River Sutlej. It would be generating 758.2 million units of electricity annually. The project will be implemented by the Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited in Build-Own-Operate-Maintain mode.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Government of Himachal Pradesh and Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited in order to implement the project during the event “Rising Himachal”.
- About Rising Himachal: The event was a Global Investors’ Meet organized in November 2019. It was a flagship business event. The Global Meet showcased the investment opportunities and policy & regulatory environment in 8 focus sectors. The purpose was to boost manufacturing and employment generation in Himalayan State. The 8 focus sectors include-Agri, Housing and urban development, Manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, Civil aviation, hydro, electronics, Education and renewable energy etc.
Banking & Financial
SBI partners with edX to offer Massive Open Online Courses
- In a bid to develop skill sets of career-oriented individuals in the competitive world, the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with global non-profit education platform, edX.
- “As part of this association, SBI will be offering its Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on the edX platform from November 2020 onwards. The bank will be offering three courses – Unleashing Creativity at the Workplace, Relationship Marketing Strategy for Financial Services, and Conflict Resolution.
- Aims: The bank’s collaboration with edX is aimed at facilitating learners with expanding perspectives and access to knowledge beyond the classrooms.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara (For 3yrs)
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MD – Ashwani Bhatia
♦HDFC Bank is ‘Most Outstanding Company – Financial Sector’ in India
- HDFC Bank Ltd has been voted ‘Most Outstanding Company – Financial Sector’ in India, in a poll conducted by well-known publication, Asiamoney.
- Asiamoney asked participants in the poll to consider the company’s overall performance including its financials, management team, IR activities and CSR initiatives. HDFC Bank bagged this honour for the second consecutive year.
Note: About HDFC
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline: We Understand Your World
♦’Gully Boy’ wins Best Original Music at 14th Asian Film Awards
- Musician Karsh Kale and the Salvage Audio Collective won Best Original Music award for ‘Gully Boy’ at the 14th Annual Asian Film Awards.
- Out of many nominations, only one Indian project has lifted the winner’s trophy at the awards. Karsh KALE and The Salvage Audio Collective were named for the award for Gully Boy. The musical collective has also won the Filmfare Award for Best Background Score earlier this year.
♦Shane Watson retires from all cricket
- Australian cricketers Shane Watson has announced his retirement from all cricket, bringing an end to a nearly 20-year career during which he was of the world’s premier white-ball allrounders.
- Watson had already retired from international cricket in March 2016, and had only been playing in overseas T20 leagues since his retirement from the Big Bash League (BBL) last year.
- Now he has confirmed that the IPL game between the Chennai Super Kings and the Kolkata Knight Riders in Dubai on October 29 was his last game at senior level.
♦Marlon Samuels announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- Marlon Samuels, the West Indies batsman who top-scored in both of their T20 World Cup final victories, announced his retirement from professional cricket on 4th Nov. Having last played for his country in December 2018 against Bangladesh.
- Samuels, who has played 71 Tests, 207 ODIs, and 67 T20s at the international level, has scored 11,134 international runs including 17 centuries across all formats. He also has 152 international wickets to his name and began his international career way back in 2000.
♦Bihar’s shortest-serving CM Satish Prasad Singh dies of Covid-19 in Delhi
- Bihar’s shortest-serving CM Satish Prasad Singh (87) died of Covid-19 at a private hospital in Delhi’s Saket locality on 3rd Nov, just six days after his spouse’s demise.
- Satish Prasad Singh became Bihar’s sixth chief minister in 1968 for only five days.
♦Actor Faraaz Khan passes away at 50
- Actor Faraaz Khan has passed away on 4th Nov. Faraaz was being treated at a hospital in Bengaluru for a neurological disorder. He was admitted in the ICU.
- Faraz Khan had acted in films like Mehndi (1998), Fareb (1996), Dulhan Banoo Main Teri (1999) and Chand Bujh Gaya (2005) among others.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|