74th Independence Day 2020: Highlights
Independence Day is annually celebrated on 15 August, as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation’s independence from the British rule on 15 August 1947.
First Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru raised the Indian national flag above the Lahori Gate of the Red Fort in Delhi.
European traders had established outposts in the Indian subcontinent by the 17th century. Through overwhelming military strength, the British East India company subdued local kingdoms and established themselves as the dominant force by the 18th century.
♦Many important movement for independence
- 1857- Movement by Mangal Pandey
- 1919- Jallianwala bagh
- 1921-22- Boycott of British Goods.
- 1930- Dandi March
- 1942- Quit India
- 1947- Partition
The National Flag of India is a horizontal rectangular tricolour of India saffron, white and India green; with the Ashoka Chakra, a 24-spoke wheel, in navy blue at its centre. … In India, the term “tricolour” (Hindi: तिरंगा, romanized: Tiraṅgā) almost always refers to the Indian national flag.
- Designed by: Pingali Venkayya
- Adopted on: 22 July 1947
♦Number of time flag Hoisted
- Jawaharlal Nehru-17 times (First PM, 1947) (Maximum time Hoisted flag)
- Indira Gandhi- 16 times
- Manmohan Singh- 10 times
- Narendra Modi-7 times
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee- 6 times
- Rajiv Gandhi- 5 times
- P.V Narshima Rao- 5 times
- Mararji Desai, Lal bahadur shastri- 2times
- Chaudhary charan singh, Vp singh, H.D deve gowda- 1 time
- Gulzari lal Nanda, Chandra shekhar- Not hoisted flag
Note- PM Modi 15 Prime Ministers (in Persons)
74th Independence Day 2020: PM Modi Speech Highlights
i)National Digital Health Mission
- The genesis of the new digital health infrastructure in India came about in the 2017 National Health Policy, which proposed a new National Digital Health Authority. Then, a committee headed by former UIDAI chairman Satyanarayana released the National Digital Health Blueprint in July 2019.
- On August 7 this year, National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) released their latest strategic document, outlining the envisioned digital registries of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and insurance companies, digital personal health records, and digital clinical decision systems.
- Patients can create a Health ID, allowing them to share their data between hospitals and doctors digitally. They can choose for how long or what specific documents they would like to share with whom. If individuals are looking to benefit from government schemes, then they will be required to connect their ID to their Aadhaar.
ii) Optical-fibre connectivity
- Modi said in the upcoming 1000 days nearly 6 lakh Indian villages will be connected with optical fibre.
- Modi government calls it the “world’s largest connectivity project”, but BharatNet — which envisages laying of about 8 lakh kilometre of incremental optical fibre cable (OFC) to all the 2,50,000-plus Gram Panchayats (GP) in the country at an estimated cost of Rs 42,068 crore ($6.2 billion) — has had significant snags in deployment for years now.
- PM Modi launches Optic Fibre Link connecting Lakshadweep Islands with the mainland
iii) Cyber security Policy 2020
- Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that technology will play a big role in developing the country. PM also made a crucial announcement related to the importance of cyber security. Modi announced India will soon introduce a new cyber security policy.
- As tensions with China play out in a technological battleground, a new cybersecurity policy to be rolled in 2020 would replace the present one. This existing policy, India’s first, was released in 2013 in the context of leaks by US National Security Advisor whistleblower Edward Snowden that alleged NSA surveillance was also tracking India’s domestic issues.
- The National Cyber Security Strategy 2020 (NCSS 2020), overseen by the National Security Council Secretariat, collected public comments till January this year. These frameworks will have a bearing on incidents similar to the hacking of 121 Indians’ WhatsApps in 2019 by the Isreali cyber firm NSO Group.
iv) One India One Market for Farmers:
- Farming Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Ordinance, 2020, which will pave the way for creating ‘One India, One Agriculture Market’.
- Briefing the decisions taken in the Cabinet meeting headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- it will also promote barrier-free inter-state and intra-state trade and commerce outside the physical premises of markets notified under the state Agricultural Produce Marketing legislations, and this is a historic step in unlocking the vastly regulated agriculture markets in the country.
- The ordinance basically aims at creating additional trading opportunities outside the APMC market yards to help farmers get remunerative prices due to additional competition.
iv) Vocal for local & Self Reliance (Atmanirbhar)
v) Delimitation exercise underway, committed to holding assembly elections in J&K (Election Soon In J&K)
vi) Focus on”MAKE IN INDIA” for Defence sector
vii) To deploye 1 lac NCC Cadets at Border Area
Telegram Group: Join
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|