All About PM-KISAN
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “All About PM-KISAN“
The full form of PM-KISAN is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. It is an initiative by the government of India for farmers.
This scheme was announced by Piyush Goyal during the 2019 Interim Union Budget of India on 1 February 2019.
The scheme has come into effect from December 2018.
About Income Support:
- All farmers will get up to ₹6,000 per year as minimum income support.
- The scheme costs ₹75,000 crore per annum.
- ₹6000 per year will be paid to each eligible farmer in three instalments and will be deposited directly to their bank accounts.
The scheme was first started by Telangana Government as the Rythu Bandhu scheme.
Allocation of the amount:
In 2018-19, Rs. 20,000
In 2019-2020, Rs. 87,217.50 crores (to approx. 14.5 cr farmers) (by central Government)
Top 5 performing states under PM-KISAN
- Uttar Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
About the instalments of the scheme:
- In 2019, Narendra Modi launched the scheme in Uttar Pradesh, with the first instalment as Rs. 2,000 each to over 1 crore farmers.
- PM had released the 10th instalment of more than Rs 20,000 crore to over 10 crore beneficiary farmer families.
- PM Modi, in May 2022, released 11th instalment of Rs 21,000 crore to more than 10 crore farmers
Some previous instalments released:
- DEC-MAR 2021-22: Rs 10,93,22,605
- AUG-NOV 2021-22: Rs 11,18,25,734
- APR-JUL 2021-22: Rs 11,13,41,267
- DEC-MAR 2020-21: Rs 10,23,51,092
- AUG-NOV 2020-21: Rs 10,23,45,371
- APR-JUL 2020-21: Rs 10,49,32,479
- DEC-MAR 2019-20: Rs 8,96,15,905
- AUG-NOV 2019-20: Rs 8,76,21,571
- APR-JUL 2019-20: Rs 6,63,33,998
- DEC-MAR 2018-19: Rs 3,16,11,934
Criteria of the scheme:
- Correction of data,
- Timely physical verification exercise and
- Addressing farmer grievances
- All Institutional Land holders
- Tenant farmers
- Land which is not used for the purpose of agriculture
- Persons who paid Income Tax
Other schemes launched by PM Modi
- Atal Bhujal Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- National Scheme on Welfare of Fishermen
- Farmer Income Protection Scheme (PM AASHA)
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)
- Micro Irrigation Fund (MIF)
- National Scheme on Fisheries Training and Extension
- Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
- Poshan Abhiyan,
- Pradhan Mantri Matri Vandana Yojana, Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural and Urban)
- Jal Jeevan Mission
- Pradhan Mantri Swanidhi Yojana
- One Nation-One Ration Card
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana,
- Ayushman Bharat
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana,
- Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
Question and Answer:
Q.1 When was PM-KISAN was launched?
Q.2 In which state it was first launched?
Q.3 What is the total amount of the PM-KISAN scheme to be released by the government to a farmer?
Ans. Rs. 6,000 per year in 3 instalments
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|