BHIM App: All you need to know about
BHIM is an Indian mobile payment App developed by the National Payments Corporation of India, based on the Unified Payments Interface.
1-2 Questions associated with Payment App like BHIM are often asked in government exams like Banking, Insurance, Railway, SSC, etc.
In this article, we will deal with all the facts which will answer the queries related to the Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM).
This article on Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) will be very important for upcoming competitive examinations like Banking, Insurance, Railway, SSC, etc.
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)
BHIM is an Indian mobile payment App developed by the National Payments Corporation of India, based on the Unified Payments Interface. Named after B. R. Ambedkar and launched on 30 December 2016, it is intended to facilitate e-payments directly through banks and drive towards cashless transactions.
Features and Benefit of BHIM App:
- Money can be sent and received instantly on all 365 days in a year on a 24/7 basis.
The app is available in 20 languages and 12 local languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Odia, Marathi, among other languages.
- You can make a transaction where the maximum amount is Rs.10,000. The maximum amount of money you can transfer within 24 hours is Rs.20,000. There are now charges for making a transaction via the BHIM UPI app.
- Amount of only ₹40,000 can be transferred through BHIM App in a day through a single bank account number.
- BHIM app can send money through – VPA, mobile number, MMID code, IFSC code, USSD code, Aadhar number and even by ‘scan and pay’ option for merchant payments.
- BHIM app can send money through – VPA, mobile number, MMID code, IFSC code, USSD code, Aadhar number and even by ‘scan and pay’ option for merchant payments with Zero transfer charge.
- It can be used without internet as well by dialling *99#
- The BHIP app enforce limit of 20 transaction per account per bank in a day.
- BHIM App has been developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The best part about this app is that you can send and receive money even on bank holidays and weekends.
- BHIM app, money can be sent on a real-time basis at anytime and from anywhere.
- Also, there is no cumbersome process of adding beneficiary and filling up account details such as account number and IFSC code.
- Payments can be made to non-UPI banks as well
- BHIM app is the one and only app that is available under UPI. This is suitable for all Google Android and Apple iOS smartphones.
FAQ’s of BHIM UPI
1. Is BHIM app a mobile wallet?
Ans: No, the BHIM app is not a mobile or digital wallet. It is a type of payment application through which you can make payments using a VPA.
2. What is UPI?
Ans: UPI is nothing but a type of payment method, through which transactions can be processed using a VPA. Unlike, NEFT or RTGS, there is no need for bank account details or IFSC code when it comes to UPI.
3. Are there any transaction charges for using BHIM?
Ans: No. It is a completely free service.
4. Can i use BHIM if I do not have access to internet?
Ans: Yes. In such a case use the *99# service to use the app without an active internet connection.
5. What can I do if the money has not been sent but my bank account has been debited?
Ans: In such a case, the transaction might have failed due to some error. The best thing to do is to report the issue on the BHIM app. The money will be credited back to your bank account in around 3 working days.
Banking Awareness Online Test Series
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|