Boat And Stream Quiz for RRB PO & Clerk : Quiz – 7
Boats and Stream Questions appear frequently in the quantitative aptitude section of many competitive exams, including the SSC, Railways, and Banking. 1-3 questions of Boats and Stream are asked in most competitive examinations. Many candidates find the Boats and Streams Questions confusing. To help you understand better, we are providing you with the Boat and Stream Quiz along with a detailed explanation. This Quiz on Boats and Streams is completely FREE. If you practice this Boat and Stream Quiz, you’ll be able to answer questions in minutes. This Boat and Stream Quiz is based on the latest or most recent exam pattern.
1. Ratio of speed of a boat in upstream to in downstream is 11 : 14. If boat travel 12 km in upstream and 28 km downstream in 2 hour then find the speed of stream is what percent of speed of boat in downstream.
2. Speed of current is 25% of speed of boat in still water, if boat travelled 45 km downstream and returned back in total 12 hr. then find speed of boat in still water?
3. A motorboat went downstream for 28 km and immediately returned. It took the boat twice as long to make the return trip. If the speed of the river flow were twice as high, the trip downstream and back would take 672 minutes. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the river flow.
(a) 9 km/hr, 3 km/hr
(b) 9 km/hr, 6 km/hr
(c) 8 km/hr, 2 km/hr
(d) 12 km/hr, 3 km/hr
(e) None of these
4. If time taken to cover (D+11) km upstream is thrice the time taken to cover (D–3) km downstream. If ratio of speed of boat in upstream to the downstream is 3 : 7 and time taken to cover (D+18) km downstream is 2.5 hours what will be the speed of current?
(a) 4 km/hr
(b) 6 km/hr
(c) 8 km/hr
(d) 10 km/hr
(e) None of these
5. The ratio between speed of a boat downstream and speed of the boat upstream is 7 : 5 respectively. If the boat travels a distance of 63 km downstream in 3 hours, what is the speed of the boat in still water? (in km/hr)
(a) 20 km/hr
(b) 16 km/hr
(c) 14 km/hr
(d) 12 km/hr
(e) 18 km/hr
6. If Nihal can swim 48 m/minute in still water. He swims 200m against the current and 200m with the current. If the difference between those two times is 10 minutes, then what is speed of current?
(a) 30 m/minute
(b) 38 m/minute
(c) 35 m/minute
(d) 32 m/minute
(e) 42 m/minute
7. A boat moves downstream at the rate of 1 km in 15/2 minutes and upstream at the rate of 5 km an hour. What is the speed of the boa t in the still water?
(a) 8 km/hr
(b) 13/2 km/hr
(c) 4 km/hr
(d) 7/2 km/hr
(e) None of these
8. Speed of boat in still water is three times of speed of current and boat travels 120km downstream and 96 km upstream in 26 hours. find how much time will be required to boat in covering 81km downstream and 27km upstream if speed of boat in still water decrease by 100/3% ?
9. There are three points M, N and O in a straight line in a river such that point N is equidistant from point M and Point O. Boat travelled from point M to O downstream in 16 hours and from point O to N upstream in 24 hours. Find the ratio between speed of boat in still water to speed of current
(a) 1 : 2
(b) 3 : 1
(c) 2 : 1
(d) 4 :1
(e) 5 : 2
10. A man can row 15 kmph in still water and it takes him 75 minutes to row to a place and back if the speed of current is 3 Kmph, then how far is the place?
(a) 9 km
(b) 6 km
(c) 12 km
(d) 15 km
(e) 13.5 km
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|