Current Affairs 10th March 2019 for Bank, SSC & Railway Exams
Current Affairs Quiz 10 March 2019: This Current Affairs Quiz is based on previous day’s news that will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the upcoming Bank, SSC, Railway & other Govt. exams. You can also go through the Current Affairs, News & Daily GK Update of 9th March before attempting the quiz.
1. Which tech giant has launched ‘Bolo’ app to tutor children to read in Hindi & English?
2. Who is the head of the committee to review cases against tribals in naxal-hit areas of Chhattisgarh?
a) Vishweshwar Bhat
b) Kapil Mishra
c) A K Patnaik
d) Bijal Vachharajani
3. Who has been appointed as the Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)?
a) Manisha Verma
b) Ajit Kumar Mohanty
c) Priya Mohan
d) Soumya Swaminathan
4. Name the Indian who has been named as Chief Scientist of the WHO?
a) Anita Singh
b) Soumya Swaminathan
c) Deepin Ranga
d) Priyanka Dubey
5. Who was the head of 5-member committee to examine issues related to framing of a proper and structured scheme for providing of insurance cover to the advocates?
a) Ravi Shankar Prasad
b) Neil Buckley
c) Alok Srivastava
d) Jane Martin
6. Which State/UT hosted the India and Japan joint space dialogue?
a) West Bengal
c) New Delhi
7. Al Nagah 2019” is the joint exercise between India and which of the following countries?
8. Who has been chosen for the ‘Yashwantrao Chavan National Award 2018’?
a) Urjit R Patel
b) Raghuram Rajan
c) Priyanka Dubey
d) Arun Jaitley
9. Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Government of India signed a loan agreement,worth USD 26-million for improving drainage infrastructure in which of the following city?
a) Kavali town in Andhra Pradesh
b) Dibrugarh town of Assam
c) Athagad town of Odisha
d) Hoskote town of Karnataka
10. Who has been conferred the first Atal Behari Vajpayee LTA by the Tripura Government?
a) Khagesh Dev Burman
b) Chandrakanta Murasingh
c) Gokulanada Gitiswami
d) Thanga Darlong
Current Affairs Quiz 10th March: Answers
1: b) Google
Tech giant Google has recently launched a new app ‘Bolo’ that aims to help children in primary school learn to read in Hindi and English. The free app, which is being launched in India first, uses Google’s speech recognition and text-to-speech technology.
2: c) A K Patnaik
The Congress government in Chhattisgarh has recently constituted a high-level committee under a retired Supreme Court judge to review cases against tribals who are in prison for alleged involvement in Left-Wing Extremism (LWE).
3. b) Ajit Kumar Mohanty
Distinguished scientist Ajit Kumar Mohanty was appointed Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), the country’s premier multi-disciplinary nuclear research facility. Mohanty has been appointed Director, BARC for a period of three years. He is at present Director, Physics Group in BARC and Director, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics.
4. b) Soumya Swaminathan
Soumya Swaminathan, a Deputy Director-General of the World Health Organisation has been named Chief Scientist of the WHO. As Deputy Director-General Programmes (DDP), she was one of the three DDGs assisting WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
5. c) Alok Srivastava
A 5-member committee to examine issues related to framing of a proper and structured scheme for providing of insurance cover to the advocates and to suggest modalities for the implementation of such a scheme has been set up by the Union Minister for Law & Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad under the chairmanship of Secretary Legal Affairs, Dr Alok Srivastava.
6. c) New Delhi
India and Japan organised a joint space dialogue in New Delhi. It aimed at providing a platform for both the countries to explore ways to enhance cooperation between the space agencies of both the nations.
7. d) Oman
The 3rd edition of the bilateral joint exercise “Al Nagah 2019” is scheduled to be held between India and Oman from 12th to 25th March at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman. In the exercise, both the armies will exchange expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling and firing.
8. b) Raghuram Rajan
Raghuram Rajan, former governor of RBI has been chosen for the ‘Yashwantrao Chavan National Award 2018’ by Yashwantrao Chavan Prathisthan for his contribution to economic development. Raghuram Rajan will be presented with the award at the 106th birth anniversary of Yashwantrao Chavan on March 12.
9. b) Dibrugarh town of Assam
For improving drainage infrastructure in Dibrugarh town of Assam, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Government of India signed a loan agreement of USD 26-million in New Delhi. It was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs and Hoe Yun Jeong, India Resident Mission of ADB.
10. d) Thanga Darlong
Thanga Darlong, the 99-year old tribal musician and music guru, has been conferred the first Atal Behari Vajpayee Life Time Award for preserving the musical form during the 37th Agartala Book Fair in Tripura.