Daily GK Update 10th , 11th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 6 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
PM Modi Declares Tika Utsav From April 11-14
- PM Modi announced that a special initiative- ‘Tika Utsav’ will be organised in all states from April 11 to 14 to ensure the maximum vaccination coverage of people aged above 45.
- PM stressed that there should be zero vaccine wastage during the course of this campaign.
Odisha launched Mask Abhiyan
- The Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently launched a fourteen day “Mask Abhiyan” initiative to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- The main objective of the initiative is to turn the use of mask into a habit. This will play a huge role in controlling the current resurgence of COVID-19. Also, the Odisha State Government has increased the fines for violators from Rs 1000 to Rs 2000.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- CM: Naveen Patnaik
India-Netherlands Strategic Partnership in Water Sector
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently held a virtual summit with his Netherlands counterpart Mark Rutte. The leaders agreed to diversify the ties in trade and economy between the countries. They also agreed to expand their relations in smart cities, agriculture, science and technology, healthcare, and space.
- A fast-tracking mechanism is to be set up between the two countries to facilitate bilateral trade and resolve issues of the companies in both countries. For the investors in India and Dutch companies, it is to be set up in Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Note: About Netherlands
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
International (Current Affairs)
IISc tops ARWU ranking 2020, Calcutta University best Indian varsity
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore) has secured the top position among the best higher education institutes in India, while Calcutta University became the best varsity in the country, as per the published Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU 2020).
- The Indian institutes are not even in the top 100 list, the best higher education institute, (IISc Bangalore) is in the category of 501- 600.
Best Institute Ranking Index
- Rank 1: Harvard University
- Rank 2: Stanford University
- Rank 3: University of Cambridge
- Category of 501- 600- IISc Bangalore
Regional Best Institute Ranking Index
- Rank 1: IISc Bangalore
- Categroy 2-4: IIT Madras
- Categroy 2-4: University of Culcutta
United Arab Emirates names its first female astronaut
- The United Arab Emirates named the next two astronauts in its space programme on 10th April, including the country’s first female astronaut.
- Noura al-Matroushi as the UAE’s first female astronaut. The announcement gave no biographical information about her or her male counterpart, Mohammed al-Mulla.
Banking & Financial
SBI MF becomes first mutual fund company to cross Rs 5 lakh crore AAUM
- SBI Funds Management Pvt. Ltd has informed that it has become the first mutual fund house in India to cross the Rs. 5 lakh crore average assets under management (AAUM) mark.
- SBI MF has seen a growth of 35% during the financial year 2020-21, with its average AUM increasing from Rs 3.73 lakh crore to Rs 5.04 lakh crore.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara (For 3yrs)
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Rama Mohan Rao Amara
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MDs – Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Dutee Chand selected for inaugural Chhattisgarh Veerni Award
- Indian sprinter, Dutee Chand has been chosen for the inaugural edition of the Chhattisgarh Veerni Award, by the Chhattisgarh state government. The award, which recognises the contribution of Indian women in different fields, including sports, will be given virtually on April 14, 2021.
- The Odisha sprinter became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the World University Games held in Italy in 2019. She is a silver-medalist in 100 and 200 metres at the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games. Apart from this, Dutee holds the national record of 11.22 secs in 100m.
Nethra Kumanan, the first Indian woman sailor to qualify for Olympics
- Nethra Kumanan had tried her hand at tennis, cycling, basketball and even some Bharatnatyam but it was in sailing that she found her true calling in life, a choice she justified by becoming the first Indian woman sailor to qualify for the Olympics.
- She first made a mark with a bronze medal in the World Cup last year after having competed in the Asian Games in 2014 and 2018.
10 April – World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)
- WHD is observed every year on 10 April to pay tribute to the founder and father of the Homeopathy system of medicine Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann. The main aim of this day is to spread knowledge about Homeopathic medicine in public health.
- In fact from 10 April to 16 April World Homeopathy Week is celebrated annually which is organised by the World Homeopathy Awareness Organisation. Basically, this day is celebrated both for homeopaths and also for those who have been healed with homeopathy.
- Theme 2021: “Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine”
11 April – Siblings Day
- Siblings are an important part of our lives. One cannot imagine his or her life without siblings. To honour our siblings, to show affection, to appreciate one another — National Siblings Day is celebrated every year on April 10.
- In India, the occasion of Raksha Bandhan celebrates the special bond between the siblings. Siblings Day is celebrated in many parts of the world like United Kingdom, Australia, India, etc. but is not federally recognized.
11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD)
- Every year thousands of mothers die across the world during childbirth due to the lack of proper medical care. The high cases of maternal mortality thus prompted the need to raise awareness about proper healthcare and maternity facilities for women.
- In this context, National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) is observed annually on 11 April in India. The day is dedicated to creating awareness for medical facilities for pregnant and lactating women.
11th April: National Pet Day
- National Pet Day is observed on April 11 every year and is dedicated to all pets to celebrate the relationship between a person and his or her pet. The relationship between a person and a pet cannot be described in words and is inexpressible but holds great value.
- National Pet Day is dedicated to pets and people on this day take out some time off their busy schedules for their pets and express their unconditional love for them.
Actor Satish Kaul passed away
- Veteran actor Satish Kaul, who had 300 Punjabi and Hindi films to his credit and played the role of Lord Indra in the TV show Mahabharat, passed away due to coronavirus-related complications on Saturday in Ludhiana. He was 74.
- The actor began his career in the early ’70s, juggling between Hindi and Punjabi films. While his popular Bollywood films include Ram Lakhan, Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha and Aunty No 1 etc.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|