Current Affairs 10th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Assam govt signed an MoU with NDDB to set up Joint Venture worth Rs.2000 Crore for dairy development
- Assam Government signed an MoU with National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) for holistic dairy development to set up Joint Venture (JV) worth 2000 crores which aims at processing 10 Lakh litres of milk through 6 new milk processing units in 7 years.
- The JV will be guided, monitored and mentored by It was signed by Meenesh Shah, Chairman, NDDB and Maninder Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Cooperation, Government of Assam.
- Assam will induct 15,000 high milk-yielding Gir cows of Gujarat to ensure higher returns to the dairy farmers with huge employment opportunities and would benefit more than 1,75,000 dairy farmers of Assam and increase their earnings.
About National Dairy Development Board (NDDB):
- Headquarters: Anand, Gujarat
- Founder: Verghese Kurien
- Chairman: Meenesh C Shah
Bhupender Yadav chaired 19th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority; 14 Tiger Reserves got CA|TS Accreditation
- 19th Meeting of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) was held under the chairmanship of the union minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change Bhupender Yadav.
- Currently, there are 51 Tiger Reserves in India and more than 35 rivers originate from those areas which are crucial for water security.
- The environment minister launched an action plan for the reintroduction, protection and conservation of 7 major big cats in India including the cheetah, which has become extinct in independent India. Under the action plan, 50 of these big cats will be introduced in the next 5 years in various parks.
- He announced that 14 Tiger reserves across India have received accreditation of the global Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS). He underlined the need to meetings of NTCA in the first week of April, August & December every year.
MEA selected TCS for 2nd phase of Passport Seva Program
- Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) selected Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) for implementing the 2nd phase of the Passport Seva programme, country’s largest mission-critical e-governance programme.
- Launched in 2008, the Passport Seva Program saw TCS transforming the delivery of passport-related services, digitizing the processes, and setting global benchmarks in timeliness, transparency, and reliability.
- In the second phase, TCS will refresh existing facilities and systems, and develop innovative new solutions for issuance of e-passports.
- At present, 93 Passport Seva Kendra’s (PSKs), 428 Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSKs), and 36 passport offices are operational across India, making a total of 557 Passport Offices for the public.
About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Limited:
- Founded:1 April 1968
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
Odisha’s Ganjam district was declared child marriage-free
- Odisha’s Ganjam district was declared child marriage-free with effect from January 3, 2022, after collecting detailed information about all weddings that took place in 2020 and 2021.
- Ganjam district administration has increased the reward for people informing about the occurrence of child marriage to Rs 50,000 from Rs 5,000.
- Ganjam is the 1st district in the state that has been declared child marriage-free. The district has been known to be severely affected by child marriages
- Ganjam had started a programme Nirbhaya Kadhi (Fearless bud) to inform the administration about the occurrence of child marriage.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Banking and Financial
SBI Ecowrap report projected India’s GDP growth at 9.5% for FY22
- As per the report of State Bank of India’s economic research team Ecowrap, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth in FY22 was estimated to be revised to around 9.5 percent.
- The first advance estimate of GDP growth by the National Statistical Office (NSO) has stated India’s FY22 GDP growth at 9.2 percent.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Care Rating– 8.8 to 9%
- Barclays: 7.7%
- Brickwork Ratings: 10-10.5%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 7.0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- Goldman Sachs: 9.1% in FY22
- National Statistical Office (NSO): 9.2% in the financial year 2021-22
NPCI introduced limits for cash withdrawals and mini statements on AePS transactions
- In order to make Aadhaar enabled Payments Systems more standardized (AePS), the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has introduced limits for cash withdrawals and mini statements which needs to implement by the acquiring banks by January 15, 2022.
As per the guidelines, the acquiring banks will have to implement a maximum limit of five approved cash withdrawal transactions per customer per terminal per day. Cash withdrawal from micro-ATMs (Automated teller machine) of AePS has a limit of Rs 10,000 per transaction.
- Issuers will implement a standardised limit of a minimum of five approved cash withdrawal transactions per month for every customer. Further, issuers will also implement a standardised limit of a minimum of five mini statement transactions per customer per month.
- For this measure the deadline is fixed at January 31, 2022.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
RBL Bank collaborated with Google to advance next-gen customer experience
- RBL Bank and Google announced a strategic collaboration to fuel the Bank’s customer experience strategy.
- Through this the bank will expand its value proposition to serve its rapidly growing customer base through the digital platform, Abacus 2.0.
- It will enable better customer data management, and analytics, enabling effective cross-selling within the Bank’s large customer base.
About RBL Bank Ltd:
- Founded: 1943 (Under Indian Companies Act, 1913)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Rajeev Ahuja
- Additional Director: Yogesh Dayal
- Tagline: Apno Ka Bank
Reliance acquired 73.37% stake in Mandarin Oriental New York hotel
- Reliance Industries Ltd has announced the acquisition of a controlling stake of 73.37% in Mandarin Oriental New York, a premium luxury hotel in midtown Manhattan.
- RIL through its wholly-owned arm Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Limited has acquired the entire share capital of Cayman Islands-based Columbus Centre Corporation (Cayman), for an equity value of approximately $98.15 million (Rs 735 crore).
- Cayman is the parent company of Mandarin Oriental hotel. It had indirect ownership of a 73.37 percent stake in the hotel. Reliance will also take over the hotel’s debt in excess of $115 million to take the entire deal value to around $270.
About Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL):
- Founded: 8 May 1973
- Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD: Mukesh Ambani
Appointment and Resignation
Urjit Patel appointed Vice President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Former RBI governor Urjit Patel has been appointed as the Vice President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
- His tenure will be of 3-year. He will succeed D J Pandian, who is in charge of sovereign, non-sovereign lending of AIIB in South Asia, Pacific Islands and South-East Asia
About Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
- Formation: 16 January 2016 (Open for business); 25 December 2015 (Entry into force Articles of Agreement)
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Members: 104 Members
- President: Jin Liqun
Navrang Saini assigned additional charge as Chairperson of IBBI
- The center has assigned the additional charge of the chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) to Navrang Saini.
- The Centre in October last year, had assigned additional charge of chairperson of IBBI to Saini for a period of three months.
- The IBBI Chairperson is appointed by the center on the recommendations of the selection committee headed by the Cabinet Secretary.
About Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI):
- Formed: 1 October 2016
- Headquarters: New Delhi
‘Kerala Arts and Crafts Village Organization’ won ‘International Craft Award for 2021
- Kerala Arts and Crafts Village Organization (KACV) from Kovalam was awarded with the ‘International Craft Award for 2021’ for the best craft village in the world by the World Crafts Council International.
- It is the only award India received in the non-individual category. The KACV was established by the Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society (UL CCS) for the State Tourism Department of Kerala.
- In 2021, the Village of the Year award was won by ‘Kraf Komuniti Ku’ in Malaysia.
|Category of the award||Name|
|Craft Icon of the Year||Chandramali Liyangane of the National Crafts Council, Sri Lanka.|
|Sustainable Development & Social Inclusion in the Handicrafts Sector||Malaysian Prison Department|
|Craft Persons of the Year||Shahrbanoo Arabian (Iran) and Dalavayi Kullayappa (India)|
|Craft Designers of the Year||Zohra Said (Morocco) and Ismario Ismael (Mexico)|
|Next Generation Craft Designers of the year||Qiling Zhang (China) and Mubin Khatri (India)|
|The Master Artisans||Amita Sachdeva (India) and Mubarik Khatri (India)|
Bharath Subramaniyam became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster
- Tamil Nadu’s Fourteen-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster. He secured the third and final Grandmaster norm at an event at Cattolica in Italy.
- He scored 6.5 points from nine rounds along with four others and finish seventh in the event. He secured his third GM norm here as well as touched the requisite 2,500 (Elo) mark.
- Fellow Indian player M R Lalith Babu became the winner in the tournament, with seven points. He won the title on the basis of a better tie-break score as he tied with three others including Anton Korobov from Ukraine.
- In order to become a GM, a player has to secure three GM norms as well as cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
Recent Indian Chess Grandmasters:
- 66th: G Akash (Tamil Nadu)
- 67th: Leon Mendonca (Goa)
- 68th: Arjun Kalyan (Tamil Nadu)
- 69th: Harshit Raja (Maharashtra)
- 70th: Raja Rithvik (Telangana)
- 71st: Sankalp Gupta (Maharashtra)
- 72nd: Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
PM declared 26 December will be observed as ‘Veer Baal Diwas’ every year from 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared that 26 December will be observed as ‘Veer Baal Diwas’ annually starting from the year 2022.
- The day will be commemorated as a tribute to the courage of the 4 Sahibzades (the four sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji), who attained martyrdom in the 17th century.
- The announcement was made by PM Modi on January 09, 2022, on the occasion of the Parkash Purab of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, or the birth anniversary of the 10th guru of Sikhs and the founder of the Khalsa community.
9 January: Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Day or Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Day is observed every year on 9 January to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community towards the development of India.
- This day also commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa to Mumbai on 9 January, 1915.
- Therefore, marking this day, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has celebrated this day since 2003 every year.
10 January: World Hindi Day
- World Hindi Day is observed on 10 January every year to promote the use of the Hindi language worldwide.
- The day also marks the anniversary of the World Hindi Conference, which was held for the first time in the year 1975.
- However, the day is not the same as National Hindi Diwas that is celebrated every year on September 14.
Oscar-winning lyricist and composer Marilyn Bergman passed away
- Oscar-winning lyricist and composer Marilyn Bergman passed away in Los Angeles.
- Bergman and her collaborator husband Alan, was nominated for 16 Academy Awards over the course of her career, winning three. The song “The Way We Were” from the Barbara Streisand movie of the same name was one of those Oscar wins, which also won two
- The collaborating team of the Bergmans also won two other Oscars for their songs.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs