Daily GK Update 10 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Haryana CM announces creating ‘Oxi-van’ in Karnal
- Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar, announced to create of 80 acres of ‘Oxi-van’ (a forest) in the Karnal district. It was announced on the occasion of World Environment Day on June 5, 2021. Oxi-van will consist of 10 types of forests.
- Under this scheme, a pension amount of Rs 2500 will be provided in name of Pran Vayu Devta to maintain trees above 75 years. This pension would increase each year on the line of old age Samman pension.
Note: About Haryana
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
International (Current Affairs)
Auckland tops Global Liveability Index 2021; Dhaka, Karachi in bottom 10
- New Zealand and Australian cities dominated the Global Liveability Index 2021 published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Japanese cities of Osaka and Tokyo grabbed second and fourth place and Adelaide, Australia spot 3rd place on EIU’s Global Liveability Index 2021. living conditions remained worst in the Syrian capital Damascus.
The top 10 most livable cities in the world
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Osaka, Japan
- Adelaide, Australia
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Tokyo, Japan
- Perth, Australia
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Melbourne, Australia
- Brisbane, Australia
Here’s the list of the 10 least liveable cities in the world:
- Damascus (Syria)
- Lagos (Nigeria)
- Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)
- Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Algiers (Algeria)
- Tripoli (Libya)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Harare (Zimbabwe)
- Douala (Cameroon)
- Caracas (Venezuela)
Three Indian universities in top-200 in QS World rankings 2022
- The London-based Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) has released the QS World University Rankings 2022 which compares and ranks Universities from across the globe on various parameters.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru (186th position), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay (177th position) and IIT Delhi (185th rank) remained the three universities from India to rank in the top-200 positions in the latest QS World University Rankings 2022.
- Rank 1: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has topped the ranking for the 10th years in a row.
- Rank 2: University of Oxford in the second position.
- Rank 3: Stanford University and the University of Cambridge shared the third spot.
Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor MK Jain Gets 2-year Extension
- The Reserve Bank on 9th June said the government has extended the tenure of Deputy Governor Mahesh Kumar Jain for two years. “The Central Government has re-appointed Shri Mahesh Kumar Jain as Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India for a period of two years with effect from June 22, 2021.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
RBI nod for Ghosh’s re-appointment as Bandhan Bank MD and CEO for three years
- Bandhan Bank has received RBI nod to re-appoint Chandra Shekhar Ghosh as its MD and CEO for three years, lower than the five-year tenure approved by the company’s board in November last year.
- Ghosh’s current term comes to an end on July 9, 2021.
LIC Chairman’s tenure extended to March 2022
- The appointments committee of the cabinet (ACC) has extended the term of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) chairman M R Kumar till March 13, 2022. This is amid the proposed initial public offering (IPO) of LIC in FY22.
- Kumar was to retire on June 30, 2021. He was appointed as the LIC chairman on March 13, 2019.
Zimbabwean novelist Tsitsi Dangarembga won PEN Pinter prize 2021
- Tsitsi Dangarembga, the Booker-shortlisted Zimbabwean writer who was arrested last year in Harare while protesting against corruption, has been awarded the PEN Pinter prize, praised for her “ability to capture and communicate vital truths even amidst times of upheaval”.
- Dangarembga was also shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize for her work, This Mournable Body.
India’s first International Maritime Cluster to come up at GIFT City
- Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) will set up the country’s first international maritime services cluster at GIFT City.
- The maritime cluster will be developed as a dedicated ecosystem comprising ports, shipping, logistics services providers and government regulators, all present in the same geographic vicinity — GIFT City. GIFT City is India’s first operational smart city and international financial services.
- This will be a first-of-its-kind commercial maritime services cluster in India, which has been conceptualised to enhance the competitiveness and self-sufficiency of India in the maritime sector and provide a one-stop solution for the entire maritime fraternity.
India – Thailand CORPAT Exercise begins in Andaman Sea
- India and Thailand started 31st edition of Coordinated Patrols or CORPAT, with the aim of reinforcing maritime links between two countries and to keep Indian Ocean safe and secure for international trade.
- CORPAT biannual exercise builds up understanding and interoperability between both the navies. It facilitates institution of measures to prevent & suppress unlawful activities such as Illegal Unreported Unregulated (IUU) fishing, maritime terrorism, drug trafficking, armed robbery and piracy. It also helps in enhancing operational synergy by exchanging information to prevent smuggling, illegal immigration and to conduct SAR operations at sea.
- Maitree-India and Thailand
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|