Current Affairs 10th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Andhra Pradesh govt launched YSR Yantra Seva scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched YSR Yantra Seva Scheme and flagged off the distribution of tractors and combine harvesters at Chuttugunta Centre in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Reddy flagged off the state-level mega distribution of tractors and combine harvesters under YSR Yantra Seva Pathakam in Guntur.
- Around 3,800 tractors and 320 combined harvesters would be made available at Rythu Bharosa Centres (RBKs) across AP. A subsidy of 175 crores has been credited into 5,260 farmer group bank accounts.
Recent Andhra Pradesh Schemes/apps:
- YSR Bima
- ‘Swechha’ programme
- CLAP- Jagananna Swachha Sankalpam Programme
- ‘She Auto’
- ‘14400 app’
Dharmendra Pradhan launched India’s largest educational metaverse ‘Polyversity’ & Bharat Blockchain Network
- Michigan, USA-based IT Services & IT Consulting company Information Data Systems (IDS) has unveiled the Bharat Blockchain Network (BBN) (Academic Blockchain Consortium) & Polyversity (Educational Metaverse).
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI) launched the initiatives in the presence of officials from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at an event held at the AICTE Auditorium in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The Bharat Blockchain Network (BBN), India’s first nationwide hybrid blockchain network, is built by IDS. Polyversity, a virtual university, is India’s Largest Educational Metaverse, with over 100 Academic Partners establishing virtual campuses, including the AICTE’s campus.
About All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE):
- Founded: November 1945
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Anil Sahasrabudhe
India signed MLAT on criminal matters with Poland to support investigation & prosecution of crimes
- India and Poland have signed a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) on Criminal Matters.
- The treaty aims to enhance the effectiveness of both Poland and India in the investigation and Prosecution of various crimes including crimes related to terrorism, through cooperation and mutual legal assistance in criminal matters.
- Poland becomes the 45th country to sign an MLAT on criminal matters with New Delhi. The other countries include Australia, Canada, France, Iran, Israel, Russia, Singapore, Ukraine, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- Capital: Warsaw
- Currency: Polish złoty
- President: Andrzej Duda
India will host Special ‘ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers’ meeting
- India will host Special ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (SAIFMM) on the 16th and 17th June to mark the 30th anniversary of its relations with the 10-nation grouping.
- It will be the first meeting hosted by India in New Delhi and will be accompanied by 12th Edition of Delhi Dialogue.
- It will be attended by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and ASEAN’s Ministers. S Jaishankar and his Singaporean counterpart Vivian Balakrishnan will co-chair the meeting.
- The year 2022 has been designated as the ASEAN-India friendship year. Theme of the Delhi Dialogue 2022: Building Bridges in the Indo-Pacific.
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
- Founded: 8 August 1967
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Secretary-General: Lim Jock Hoi
- Members: 10 (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
UNCTAD’s World Investment Report: India ranked 7th among recipients of FDI in CY 2021; US topped
- India jumped one position to 7th among the top recipients of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the last calendar year (2021) despite FDI inflows into the country declining, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
- In its latest World Investment Report, UNCTAD said FDI inflows into India declined to $45 billion in 2021 from $64 billion in the preceding year. Outward FDI from India rose 43 percent to $15.5 billion in 2021.
- While the United States ($367 billion) remained the top recipient of FDI, China ($181 billion) and Hong Kong ($141 billion) also retained second and third position respectively.
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- World Happiness Report 2022: 136th; Finland topped
- Knight Frank’s Global House Price Index Q4 2021: 51st; Turkey topped
- Chainalysis 2021 Cryptocurrency Gains by Country: India ranked 21st in estimated Crypto Gains in 2021, US topped
- World Press Freedom Index 2022: India ranked 150th; Norway topped
- World Air Power Index 2022: IAF ranked 3rd
- WEF’s Travel and Tourism Development Index 2021: 54th
Banking and Financial
RBI cancelled licence of Mudhol Co-op Bank, Bagalkot, Karnataka
- The Reserve Bank has cancelled the licence of The Mudhol Co-operative Bank Limited, Bagalkot (Karnataka), thus restricting it from repayment of deposits and acceptance of fresh funds.
- The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said while announcing the cancellation of licence. RBI also said that bank with its present financial position would be unable to pay its present depositors in full.
Banks whose license got cancelled by RBI recently:
- Karnala Nagari Sahakari Bank, Panvel in Maharashtra
- Goa-based Madgaum Urban Cooperative Bank
- Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Nilanga, Latur
- Sarjeraodada Naik Shirala Sahakari Bank, Sangli, Maharashtra
- People’s Co-operative Bank Ltd Kanpur, UP
Kiya.ai launched India’s 1st banking metaverse ‘Kiyaverse’
- Kiya. ai, a digital solutions provider serving financial institutions and governments globally, announced the launch of India’s first-ever banking metaverse – Kiyaverse.
- Through Kiyaverse, Kiya.ai wants to enable consumers to transact, access banking information and avail various banking products virtually from the comfort of their homes.
- In the first phase, banks will be allowed to roll-out their own metaverse for clients, partners and employees through service offerings that include relationship manager, peer avatars and robo-advisors. Kiyaverse plans to have tokens as NFTs and support CBDC to enable open finance in a Web3.0 environment.
SBI Foundation launched a Digital Learning Platform ‘UpSchool’ with Khan Academy
- SBI Foundation in partnership with Khan Academy, an educational nonprofit in India, has launched UpSchool, a digital learning program for students from classes 1 to 10.
- This program will be available in English, Hindi, and Kannada languages aiming to reduce learning gaps and build a solid foundation in math and reading for their current academic year.
- Interested candidates can register for the program for free by visiting the online website of Khan Academy. Every student will receive a digital certificate at completing the program.
About Khan Academy:
- Founder: Salman Khan
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
Nirmala Sitharaman launched EASE 5.0 ‘Common reforms agenda’ for Public Sector Banks
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) 5.0 ‘Common reforms agenda’ for Public Sector Banks (PSBs) under EASENext program.
- EASE has evolved over four annual editions from FY19 to FY22 and has catalyzed reforms in diverse areas in Public Sector Banks.
- EASE 5.0 will focus on digital customer experience, and integrated & inclusive banking, with emphasis on supporting small businesses and agriculture.
Appointment and Resignation
N J Ojha appointed as MGNREGA ombudsman
- Ex-registrar of MS University, N J Ojha has been appointed as ombudsman under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA) for 2-year term.
- He will now have the power to investigate allegations by MGNREGA staff, consider them, pass awards within 30 days of receipt of the complaint and issue direction for conducting spot investigation.
- MGNREGA was launched in 2005 to augment employment generation and social security in India. It is a demand-driven wage employment scheme under Ministry of Rural Development.
Mayank Kumar Agrawal given additional charge as CEO of Prasar Bharati
- Doordarshan Director-General Mayank Kumar Agrawal has been given additional charge as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Prasar Bharati.
- He succeeded Shashi Shekhar Vempati, who stepped down as CEO following a five-year tenure.
- Prasar Bharati is India’s public broadcaster, headquartered in New Delhi. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by Parliament’s Act of Parliament and comprises Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio.
About Prasar Bharati:
- Founded: 23 November 1997
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Ramkrishna Mukkavilli became 1st Indian to be recognized as Global SDG Pioneer for Water Stewardship by UNGC
- For the first time in the world, an Indian Ramkrishna Mukkavilli has been recognised as a Global Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Pioneer for Water Stewardship by the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
- The United Nations Global Compact has named ten new SDG Pioneers, who are corporate leaders who are excelling in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by implementing the UN Global Compact Ten Principles on human rights, environment, labour, and anti-corruption.
- Ramkrishna Mukkavilli, the Founder and Managing Director of Maithri Aquatech, a Make-In-India company, was previously selected as India’s SDG Pioneer by the UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) earlier this year, for his work in building water security with nature-based water solutions across India and 27 countries spanning South East Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
- Following this, he was recognized as one of the 10 new SDG Pioneers for 2022. The company’s unique solution – MEGHDOOT, is based on an alternative water concept known as Atmospheric Water Generation (AWG) that taps into a vast, renewable water resource – AIR, which contains six times as much freshwater as all the rivers on the planet combined.
About United Nations Global Compact (UNGC):
- Founded: 26 July 2000
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Executive Director & CEO: Sanda Ojiambo
AR Rahman appointed ambassador of Indo-UK culture platform ‘The Season of Culture’
- Music Composer AR Rahman has been appointed as ambassador of British Council’s ‘India-UK Together Season of Culture’, which aims to boost collaboration among emerging artistes from the two nations.
- It was officially launched, by Britain’s Deputy High Commissioner to India Jan Thomson and Director (India) of the British Council Barbara Wickham. The Season of Culture aims to strengthen India-UK collaboration in the areas of arts, English and education.
- The ‘Season of Culture’ intends to build on the British Council’s work in India and strengthen partnerships between India and the UK in the arts, English, and education.
2nd Awards for Excellence in District Skill Development Planning (DSDP): Rajkot in Gujarat topped
- The 2nd edition of Awards for Excellence in District Skill Development Planning (DSDP) was organised at Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi, where the top 30 districts were awarded for their innovative best practices in skill development in the region.
- Rajkot in Gujarat, Cachar in Assam and Satara in Maharashtra ranked top three among all participating districts. Out of 700 districts across the country, 467 districts participated in DSDP Awards.
- DSDP Awards were instituted under the Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) Scheme by MSDE in June 2018 to promote decentralised planning, acknowledge and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by districts in the field of skill development. The first DSDP Awards were held in 2018-19, with 228 districts from 19 states participating in the initiative.
NHIDCL signed MoU with IIT Roorkee for sharing knowledge in field of highway engineering
- The National Highways Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee for sharing knowledge on innovative ideas and technologies in the field of highway engineering.
- This MoU’s purpose is to establish the collaboration between the NHIDCL and IIT-Roorkee in order to take up various activities of common interest such as sharing knowledge on innovative ideas and other infrastructure works as per mutually agreed terms and conditions.
About National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL):
- Founded: 2014
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Managing Director: Chanchal Kumar
Tamil Nadu CM launched logo & msacot of 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin has launched the official logo and mascot of the 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad. The international event will be held at Mamallapuram near Chennai from 28th July to August 10.
- The mascot is named as ‘Thambi’and is a knight dressed in the traditional Tamil attire Veshti (Dhoti) with a shirt and is seen with folded hands, apparently extending the Tamil greeting ‘Vanakkam’.
- ‘Thambi’ in Tamil means younger brother. Chess Believe is written on its shirt.
- It is the 2nd major international chess event to be hosted by Chennai, after World Championship match in 2013.
About International Chess Federation (FIDE):
- Founded: 1924 in Paris, France
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President:Arkady Dvorkovich (Russia)
- Motto: “Gens una Sumus” (“We are one Family”)
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs