Current Affairs 10th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Delhi govt launched ‘Shramik Mitra’ Scheme for Construction Workers
- The Government of Delhi launched the ‘Shramik Mitra‘ scheme for construction workers.
- Under the scheme, 800 ‘Shramik Mitras’ will reach out to construction workers, and spread awareness on the government schemes.
- Delhi Govt has also increased the Dearness allowance for Unskilled, Semi-skilled workers, to increase their salary by around 1%.
Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) index 2021: Gujarat retained top spot
- Gujarat has retained its position as the top performer among 21 states in the Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) 2021 index followed by Haryana, Punjab, Tamil Nā
- LEADS 2021 report has been prepared by a team of Transport & Logistics professionals at Ernst & Young LLP with guidance and inputs from officials of the Department of Logistics, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- LEADS 2021 is the 3rd edition of the LEADS report (1st -2018; 2nd – 2019).
Srinagar selected to join UNESCO creative cities network (UCCN)
- Srinagar (summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir) has been selected to join UNESCO creative cities network (UCCN) for the vibrant cultural ethos of the old city.
- It has been designated as a creative city of craft and folk arts by UNESCO. Apart from it, 48 cities have been added to the network of 246 cities following their designation in recognition of their commitment to placing culture and creativity at the heart of their development.
- Founded: 16 November 1945
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
Other Indian Cities under UCCN List:
- Jaipur – Crafts and Folk Arts (2015)
- Varanasi – Creative city of Music (2015)
- Chennai – Creative city of Music (2017)
- Mumbai – Film (2019)
- Hyderabad – Gastronomy (2019)
Assam signed MoU with World Bank for Rs 770 crore Loan to promote river transportation
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has stated about the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Assam’s Inland Water Transport (IWT) department and World Bank for a Rs 770 crore loan to promote river transportation of the state.
- The central government would return 80 percent of the loan amount and the state government would refund the remaining 20 percent.
- The CM has launched 4 steel Catamaran vessels at Pandu Port of the state as part of a World Bank-funded effort to integrate high-quality passenger and vehicle ferry services into the state’s larger transportation network system.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagadish Mukhi
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021
- $32 million-Improving healthcare services in Mizoram
- $250 Million: Initiatives of SALT Programme in AP
- $250 Million: Project to make existing dams safe and resilient
- $300 Million (Additional Loan): Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project for upgrading rural roads
- $150 Million: Chennai’s Sustainable Urban Services
- $40 million: to strengthen health systems in Meghalaya
Banking and Financial
PhonePe & Liberty General Insurance partnered to offer Motor Insurance
- Liberty General Insurance Limited has collaborated with PhonePe to provide motor insurance services digitally.
- Under this, Liberty General Insurance will provide a variety of Motor Insurance policies to the customers, digitally through PhonePe app.
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Founder & CEO: Sameer Nigam
Brickwork Ratings projected India’s GDP at 10-10.5% in FY22
- Domestic credit rating agency Brickwork Ratings has projected the gross domestic product (GDP) of India at 10-10.5% in the current financial year 2021-22 (FY22).
- Earlier this was estimated at 9%. India’s GDP grew at 20.1% in the first quarter of fiscal 2022.
- Brickwork Ratings is a SEBI registered Credit Rating Agency headquartered at Bengaluru.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%
- RBI: 9.5%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 4%
- S&P Global Ratings-5%
Appointment and Resignation
Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar appointed next Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar has been appointed as the next Chief of the Naval Staff with effect from 30th November 2021.
- He is presently the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Naval Command.
- He succeeded Admiral Karambir Singh, who will retire from the service on 30th November 2021.
List of Defence Chiefs
- Army Chief– Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Naval Chief- R Hari Kumar
- Air Chief– Vivek Ram Chaudhari
Amitabh Bachchan appointed as Amway India’s Brand Ambassador
- Amway India appoints Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan as their brand ambassador.
- As a part of the momentous association, he will endorse the brand Amway and all the Nutrilite products by Amway.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- CoinDCX: Amitabh Bachchan
- Fire-Boltt: Virat Kohli
- CoinDCX ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Russian Film Festival in India: Imtiaz Ali
- Realme: KL Rahul
- Adidas’ Global Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone
- FloBiz Neobank’s myBillBook: Manoj Bajpayee
- Bandhan Bank in Assam: Zubeen Garg
Asif Ali, Laura Delany declared as ICC Players of the Month for October
- Asif Ali from Pakistan and Laura Delany from Ireland have been voted as the ICC Players of the Month for October.
- Ali beat Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan and Namibia’s David Wiese to the men’s award, and Delany beat teammate Gaby Lewis and Zimbabwe’s Mary-Anne Musonda to the women’s prize.
ICC men’s & women’s player of the month
- Jan: Rishabh Pant (Ind), Shabnim ismail (SA)
- Feb: Ashwin (Ind), Tammy Beaumont (Eng)
- Mar: Bhuvneswar Kumar (Ind), Lizelle Lee (SA)
- Apr: Babar Azam (Pak), Alyssa Healy (Aus)
- May: Mushfiqur Rahim (Ban), Kathryn Bryce (Scotland)
- June: Devon Conway (NZ), Sophie Ecclestone (Eng)
- July: Shakib Al Hasan (Ban), Stafanie Taylor (WI)
- August: Joe Root (Eng), Eimear Richardson (Ireland)
- Sep: Sandeep Lamichhane (Nepal), Heather Knight (England)
Dwayne Bravo announced retirement from international cricket
- Trinidadian cricketer Dwayne Bravo, the former captain of the West Indies cricket team has confirmed his retirement from international cricket.
- Dwayne Bravo has played in all seven T20 World Cups and he has been a part of the West Indies team that won the T20 Title in 2012 and 2016. He has scored 1245 runs at an average of 22.23 and a strike rate of 115.38 and he has picked up 78 wickets.
Sankalp Gupta became India’s 71st Grandmaster
- Nagpur-based teenager Sankalp Gupta has become India’s 71st Grandmaster by finishing second in the GM Ask 3 round-robin event in Arandjelovac, Serbia. He scripted history by becoming India’s quickest GM.
- He secured the 3 required GM norms by playing three tournaments on the trot. He won five games, drew three, and lost one to Rudik Makrarian (Russia) to take second place with 6.5 points in the GM tournament.
Recent Indian Chess Grandmasters:
- 66th: G Akash (Tamil Nadu)
- 67th: Leon Mendonca (Goa)
- 68th: Arjun Kalyan (Tamil Nadu)
- 69th: Harshit Raja (Maharashtra)
- 70th: Raja Rithvik (Telangana)
Novak Djokovic won 37th Masters Title at Paris 2021
- Novak Djokovic (Serbia) defeated Danill Medvedev (Russia) in the finals to win his 6th Paris Title & the record 37th Masters Title at Paris, France.
- In the finals, Djokovic, with an impressive 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 defeating Daniil Medvedev. With this win, Djokovic will remain at the ATP World Number 1 rank, for the record 7th consecutive year.
|Singles||Novak Djokovic||Daniil Medvedev|
About International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF):
- Founded: 1926
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- CEO: Steve Dainton
- President: Thomas Weikert
Book and Author
A new book ‘Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns’ authored by Aseem Chawla
- Aseem Chawla, one of India’s leading tax lawyers and well-known international tax and policy expert released his new book “Finding A Straight Line Between Twists and Turns – An Imperfect, Yet Honest Reflections on the Indian Tax Landscape” published by Matrix Publishers.
- The book provides an in-depth analysis of both national and international of the Indian tax landscape over a decade.
10 November: World Science Day for Peace and Development
- World Science Day for Peace and Development is celebrated each year on November 10 every year.
- This day is celebrated to highlight the important role that science play in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues. World Science Day was proclaimed by UNESCO in 2001 and celebrated for the first time in 2002.
- Theme 2021: “Building Climate-Ready Communities”.
Philosopher Koneru Ramakrishna Rao passed away
- Well-known educationist, teacher, and philosopher, Koneru Ramakrishna Rao passed away due to age-related illness.
- He was an internationally recognized psychologist and served as president of the US-based Parapsychological Association and the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2011.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs