Current Affairs 10th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Hero MotoCorp launched EV Scooter named Vida V1 in India
- India’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer company Hero MotoCorp has entered the electric vehicle market with the launch of a new two-wheeler christened Hero Vida V1.
- This EV is the first model under its new brand Vida.
- The electric two-wheeler has unveiled at its Global Centre for Innovation and Technology in Jaipur.
- Based on the information revealed earlier, the scooter will be offered in two variants: the Vida V1 Plus and Vida V1 Pro.
- This new model is being launched in the Indian market to attract consumers to its new brand and earn its place in the ever-growing EV market in India.
- The Hero Vida V1 electric scooter is predicted to have a range of 130–150 kilometers. Additionally, swappable battery packs will be included because the company has partnered with Bharat Petroleum to provide battery changing stations at fuel bunks.
- The Hero Vida V1 Pro has been launched at Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom) and the Vida V1 Plus is priced at Rs 1.59 lakh (ex-showroom). The booking for the new electric scooters begins on 10 October 2022 with a token amount of Rs 2,499.
About Hero MotoCorp
- Founded – 19 January 1984
- Founder- Brijmohan Lall Munjal
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- CEO – Pawan Munjal
DPIIT notifies establishment of Credit Guarantee Scheme for Startups
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce has notified the establishment of the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Startups (CGSS)
- It will provide credit guarantees to loans extended by Scheduled Commercial Banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) registered Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
- CGSS is aimed at providing credit guarantees up to a specified limit against loans to finance eligible startups. The credit guarantee cover under the scheme would be transaction-based and umbrella based. The exposure to individual cases would be capped at Rs 10 crore per case or the actual outstanding credit amount, whichever is less.
- The umbrella-based guarantee cover will provide a guarantee to Venture Debt Funds (VDF) registered under AIF regulations of SEBI (a growing segment of funding in the Indian startup ecosystem), in view of the nature of funds raised by them and debt funding provided by them.
- The extent of umbrella-based cover will be the actual losses or up to a maximum of 5% of Pooled Investment on which cover is being taken from the fund in eligible startups, whichever is lower, subject to a maximum of Rs.10 crore per borrower.
First seminar of Agni Tattva campaign under LiFE mission held in Leh
- Power Foundation of India in association with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) has organised a campaign to create awareness on Agni Tattva under LiFE – Lifestyle for environment.
- Objective – To create awareness of the core concept of Agni Tattva, an element that is synonymous with energy and is among the five elements of Panchmahabhoot.
- The first conference of the Agni campaign was organised in Leh on the theme of ‘Sustainability and Culture’.
- It witnessed participation from key stakeholders working in the areas of energy, culture, and sustainability, from diverse fields such as administration, policymakers, academics, and start-ups.
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Indian Roads Congress in Lucknow
- The 81st annual convention of the Indian Roads Congress (IRC) was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh after 11 years.
- Nearly 1,500 delegates will participate in the event to be held at Indira Gandi Pratishthan in Lucknow.
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has inaugurated the session.
- Uttar Pradesh is hosting the 81st ‘Indian Road Congress’ in Lucknow and more than 1,500 delegates are attending the event.
- A total of 200 delegates from Uttar Pradesh attended the convention and they have been made aware of the spiritual and cultural features of Ayodhya, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Mathura, and other places after the convention.
- Chief Guest Gadkari has made a promise to develop roads in UP at an expenditure of around Rs 5 lakh crore before the end of 2024.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
India signed an MoU with Japan to advance scientific cooperation for Indian Ayurveda
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has signed an MoU with the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (NIAIST) Japan to promote research collaboration and building capacities in the field of the Indian Ayurvedic system of traditional medicines.
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) is the apex institute of Ayurveda in India under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- NIAIST is a reputed and one of the largest public research organizations in Japan focusing on technologies and on ‘bridging’ the gap between innovative technological seeds and commercialization.
- NIAIST has in the past collaborated with IIT Hyderabad too for research in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Capital – Tokyo
- Currency – Yen
- Prime Minister – Fumio Kishida
Jharkhand and West Bengal topped in worst state list in terms of child marriage
- A demographic survey conducted by the Union Home Ministry revealed that Jharkhand has the highest percentage of underage girls getting married.
- The survey was conducted in 2020 by the office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner and its report was published in September.
- In Jharkhand, the percentage of girls getting married before turning 18 is as high as 5.8 percent.
- The percentage of females who got effectively married before reaching 18 years of age is 1.9 at the national level and varies from 0.0 in Kerala to 5.8 in Jharkhand.
- Jharkhand and West Bengal are the only two states in the country where more than half of the women are married before attaining the age of 21 years. While 54.9 percent of girls are married in West Bengal before attaining the age of 21 years, the figure for Jharkhand is 54.6 percent against the national average of 29.5 percent.
- Capital – Ranchi
- Chief Minister – Hemant Soren
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Haryana government signed an MoU with Dubai for economic cooperation
- The Haryana government has signed an MoU with the government of Dubai for cooperation in various economic activities.
- These activities include investment promotion and land development, industrial parks, IT parks, innovation centres, and projects related to logistics in Haryana.
- Haryana with its unique strategic locational advantage, robust industrial infrastructure of 34 Industrial Model Townships and Industrial Estates spread over 28,540 acres, strong connectivity, robust policy frameworks and a large pool of skilled manpower has emerged as one of India’s most industrialized states and a leader in the Automobile, IT/ITeS, Electronics, Food Processing, Logistics, and Textile sectors.
- The MoU is expected to boost investment in Haryana.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
- Finland partnered with Kerala government to replicate Little KITEs model
- IRCTC signed an agreement with Chhattisgarh toursim board to promote tourist spots of state
- UPL partnered with CleanMax on 61.05 MW solar-wind project in Gujarat
- Odisha Government signed an MoU with NIOT for protecting coastline
- Andhra Pradesh government signed an MoU with NISG for integrated land management system
- Andhra Pradesh signed an MoU with Parley for the Oceans to save seas from pollution
PM Modi declared Modhera in Gujarat as India’s first 24×7 solar-powered village
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared Modhera in Gujarat’s Mehsana district as India’s first 24×7 solar-powered village.
- Modhera was known for the Sun temple, now it will also be known as a solar-powered village.
- Modhera is known for the Sun temple situated on the bank of the Pushpavati River. The temple was built after 1026-27 CE during the reign of Bhima I of the Chalukya dynasty.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for multiple projects worth over ₹3,900 crores at the Modhera event.
- Making Modhera the country’s first round-the-clock solar-powered village involved developing a ground-mounted solar power plant and more than 1,300 rooftop solar systems on residential and government buildings.
Banking and Financial
ICICI Bank launched ‘Smart Wire’ facility
- ICICI Bank has launched a unique solution “Smart Wire” for its customers to help them with SWIFT-based inward remittances in a faster and hassle-free manner.
- ICICI Bank is the first bank in the country to launch such a service.
- The Smart Wire facility will allow both NRIs and resident customers to undertake inward remittance transactions in an online and paperless way.
- The Smart Wire facility enables the beneficiary to initiate the wire transfer request, submit online declaration/documents, block the exchange rates in advance and track the status of the transaction. One can log in to ICICI bank’s internet banking platform, and avail of the service.
- Through this facility, accurate information related to the beneficiary, the purpose of the inward remittance, and declaration, where required, are captured in advance and shared with the remitter instantly.
About Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
- Founded – 1994
- Headquarters – Vadodara, Gujarat
- MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline – Hum Hai Na Khayal Apka
Recent facilities launched by banks
- Union Bank of India inaugurated ethical hacking lab
- HDFC Life launched ‘Insure India’ campaign
- HDFC Bank launched SmartHub Vyapar for merchants
Government and LIC together to divest 60.72% stake in IDBI Bank
- The Central government and Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) have decided to sell off their 60.72%stake in IDBI Bank.
- The Centre will divest 30.48 percent stake and the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) will offload 30.24 percent in IDBI Bank. They will together divest a 60.72 percent stake.
- This would be the first attempt to privatize a public sector bank in India.
- At present, these two own close to 94% in IDBI Bank, of which the Centre has 45.48%stake &LIC has 49.24%.
- LIC is currently the promoter of IDBI bank with management control while the Central government is the co-promoter.
About Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) Bank
- Founded – 1964
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – T N Manoharan
- MD & CEO – Rakesh Sharma
Appointment and Resignation
A Balasubramanian re-elected as Chairman of AMFI
- A Balasubramanian has been re-elected as the chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) while Radhika Gupta as the vice-chairperson of the industry body.
- As the chairman of AMFI, A Balasubramanian will also continue as the ex-officio chairman of the AMFI Financial Literacy Committee. The chairman and the vice-chairperson will hold office until the conclusion of 28th AGM.
- AMFI is the association of all the Asset Management Companies (AMCs) of SEBI-registered mutual funds in India.
- Currently, 43 AMCs are its members.
- Vice President of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) – Dr. Anil Kumar
- Chairman and MD of Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) – Sandeep Kumar Gupta
- Chairman of Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)- N S Rajana
- Deputy Election Commissioner – Ajay Bhadoo
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO), MyGov, MiETY – Akash Tripathi
- President of Indian American Chambers of Commerce (IACC) – Lalit Bhasin
Pooja Patel becomes first athlete to win Gold in Yogasana
- Gujarat’s Pooja Patel has become the first athlete to win gold in Yogasana at the 36th National Games.
- Yogasana is one of the five sports to be played at the National Games 2022 for the 1st time.
- Indian indigenous sport, Yoga made its debut at the Khelo India University Games earlier this year.
- Apart from this, Maharashtra won gold in the women’s diving 1-meter springboard event
- 36th National Games will be held in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar.
Max Verstappen won Japanese Grand Prix 2022
- Red Bull driver Max Verstappen has clinched his second consecutive Formula One driver’s title by winning the Japanese Grand Prix 2022 in the rain at Suzuka.
- Verstappen has been dominant all season and claimed the title with four races remaining.
- He was followed by teammate Sergio Perez in second and Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc.
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Hungarian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Dutch Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Italian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix 2022 -Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Singapore Grand Prix 2022 – Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix. 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- British Grand Prix 2022 – Carlos Saniz (Spanish)
Goa to host 37th National Games in October 2023
- The Indian Olympic Association has confirmed that Goa will host the 37th edition of the National Games in October 2023.
- The state government of Goa also conveyed its in-principle approval to IOA to host the National Games in 2023.
- The Goa delegation may receive the IOA flag at the Closing Ceremony of the 36th National Games on 12th October 2022 in Surat, Gujarat.
- The 36th National Games, which were initially scheduled for 2016, were to be hosted in Goa while the 35th edition was conducted in Kerala in 2015.
- Capital – Panaji
- Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant
- Governor – S. Sreedharan Pillai
7 October 2022 – World Smile Day
- World Smile Day is observed on the first Friday of October every year and this year it falls on October 7.
- World Smile Day was first observed in 1999 by Harvey Ball.
- Harvey Ball was an artist from Massachusetts, US, who created the smiley face in 1963.
- Theme 2022 – Do an act of kindness, Help one person smile
Veteran politician Mulayam Singh Yadav passed away
- Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Samajwadi Party Founder Mulayam Singh Yadav passed away. He was 82.
- Mulayam was born on 22 November 1939 and was one of the most prominent leaders of Uttar Pradesh who served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh thrice.
- Yadav also served as India’s federal 21st defence minister in a coalition government between 1996 and 1998. He was chief minister of Uttar Pradesh for a third time from 2003 to 2007.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here