Current Affairs 10 September 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Tamil Nadu-Denmark plan energy island in Gulf of Mannar
- State of Tamil Nadu and Denmark have planned to create an energy island in Gulf of Mannar that lies between the west coast of Sri Lanka and south-eastern tip of India.
- This plan was made as Tamil Nadu is looking to expand its footprint in the green energy sector. To achieve this target, Denmark is likely to invest $5-10 billion in the renewable energy sector in the state. It also includes investment for an energy island in the Gulf of Mannar. With this investment, island would be able to produce 4-10 GW of energy.
Govt. sets up panel for framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices; panel headed by Dr V G Somani
- The government has constituted an eight-member panel for framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices. The panel is being headed by Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) Dr V G Somani.
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940, regulates the import, manufacture, distribution and sale of drugs, cosmetics and medical devices. This Act is amended from time to time. The last amendment in the Act was made in 2008.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by (Recently)
- RBI set up a committee about Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARC) – Sudarshan Sen
- RBI set up a committee second Regulatory Review Authority (RRA 2.0): S Janaki Raman
- IFSCA constitutes an expert committee on Investment Funds headed by: Nilesh Shah
- Committee on “Variable Capital Company: K.P. Krishnan
- Suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks: S. Vishwanathan
- RBI to setup committee on NUE licenses: P. Vasudevan
India hosts BRICS Summit 2021 virtually
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, chaired the 13th BRICS Summit virtually on September 9, 2021.
- The Summit was participated by all other BRICS Leaders namely, President of Brazil Jair Bolsonaro, President of Russia Vladimir Putin President of China Xi Jinping and President of South Africa Cyril Ramaphosa.
- India has chosen the theme of the Summit as “BRICS@15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus”.
Note: About BRICS
- Founded: June 2006
- Members: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
NIRF Ranking 2021
- The Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan released the National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2021.
- The ranking framework judges institutions under five broad generic groups of parameters of Teaching, Learning and Resources (TLR), Research and Professional Practice (RP), Graduation Outcomes (GO), Outreach and Inclusivity (OI) and Perception (PR).
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras 1st in Overall Category as well as in Engineering
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru 1st in the University as well as Research Institution category
- IIM Ahmedabad 1st in Management colleges
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 1st in Medical
- Jamia Hamdard, Delhi 1st in Pharmacy subject
- Miranda College, Delhi 1st amongst colleges
- IIT Roorkee 1st in Architecture subject
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore 1st in Law
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal, 1st in “Dental” category
Banking & Financial
South Indian Bank launches credit card with fintech company OneCard
- The Kerala based lender South Indian Bank, in association with OneCard, has launched the SIB – OneCard Credit Card. A premium metal card, the SIB – OneCard has an app-based onboarding process, which is in line with the Bank’s vision of digital transformation.
- The internationally valid credit card on the Visa Signature platform can be fully controlled through the powerful OneCard App.
- The SIB – OneCard comes with many features like lifetime validity with zero joining and annual fees, 100% digital customer onboarding process, instant virtual card issuance, instant issuance of reward points and easy redemption within the app, etc.
CAG GC Murmu gets elected as ASOSAI chairman
- The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India GC Murmu on 7th Sept was elected as the chairman of the assembly of Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI) for a period of three years from 2024 to 2027.
- After the election, the CAG assured the members that during SAI India’s three-year term as chair of the ASOSAI, they will focus on the areas of environmental audit and leveraging emerging technologies for audit.
Ujjivan Financial Services appoints Sanjeev Barnwal as CEO
- Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd, the holding company of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank on 8th September appointed its company secretary Sanjeev Barnwal as the chief executive, effective 10 September.
- This move comes after its erstwhile head Carol Furtado took up the role of the officer on special duty at Ujjivan Small Finance Bank. Furtado was tasked with managing day-to-day operations of the bank from 26 August till outgoing CEO Nitin Chugh is in office.
- After that she will take charge as the interim CEO, subject to approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Chugh resigned last month citing personal reasons.
President Ram Nath Kovind appoints new governors to Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Nagaland
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed new governors in four states
List Of New Governor
- Nagaland Governor RN Ravi has been appointed as Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Lieutenant General (Retd) Gurmit Singh has been appointed Governor of Uttarakhand.
- Governor of Tamil Nadu Banwarilal Purohit who was holding additional charge of the Governor of Punjab has been appointed as regular Governor of Punjab.
- Governor of Assam Prof. Jagdish Mukhi has been appointed to discharge the functions of the Governor of Nagaland in addition to his own duties, until regular arrangements are made.
10 September: World Suicide Prevention Day
- World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is marked every year on September 10 to create awareness about the ways in which suicide can be prevented.
- The goal is to shine a light on the issues in hopes of reaching people who are struggling before it’s too late. The ongoing pandemic has made a lot of people more anxious, depressed and susceptible to taking such extreme steps for several reasons, like job loss, losing a close one to coronavirus, lack of social gatherings and so on.
9 Sept: Himalayan Day
- Himalaya Diwas is celebrated every year on 9th September in the state of Uttarakhand. It is celebrated with the aim to conserve Himalayan ecosystem and region. It was officially declared as Himalaya Day in 2015 by the then Chief Minister.
- Theme 2021: ‘Contribution of Himalayas And Our Responsibilities’
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|