Current Affairs 11th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Amit Shah inaugurated Seema Darshan Project at Indo-Pak border in Gujarat
- Union Home and Cooperative Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the Seema Darshan Project at Nadabet on the Indo-Pak border in Banaskantha District of Gujarat.
- The project was launched with the aim to provide an opportunity to the citizen to observe the life and work of the BSF personnel on our border. The tourist can see missiles, tanks, aircrafts etc which are used by the Indian Army and BSF at Nadabet.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
Bhupender Yadav chaired the 20th NTCA meeting held in Arunachal Pradesh
- The 20th Meeting of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) was held in Pakke tiger reserve in Arunachal Pradesh and was led by Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change Bhupender Yadav.
- The first-ever NTCA meeting was held in Arunachal Pradesh, outside of the National Capital. He also released a technical manual on MEE of Tiger Reserves in India, as well as standard operating procedures for tiger reintroduction and supplementation in the wild, a forest fire audit protocol for tiger reserves, and a standard operating procedure for tiger reintroduction and supplementation in the wild.
- The NTCA has released a Forest Fire Audit Protocol for Tiger Reserves, which will assist tiger reserve managers in assessing their fire preparation and managing forest fires throughout their whole life cycle.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: D. Mishra
Banking and Financial
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank launched Vikas Siri Sampat-111 scheme
- P Gopi Krishna, Chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank has launched a new deposit scheme of the bank named Vikas Siri Sampat-1111.
- The tenure of this scheme is of 1,111 days with an interest rate of 5.70% for the general public and 6.20% for senior citizens.
- It also offers the highest rate of annualized return of 6.03% for the general public and 6.60% for senior citizens. Under the scheme, the account holder can deposit ₹10,000 to ₹2 crores.
About Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB):
- Founded: 2005
- Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
- Chairman: Gopikrishna
Renowned Assamese poet Nilamani Phookan conferred with 56th Jnanpith Award
- Renowned Assamese poet Nilamani Phookan will be Conferred with the country’s highest literary award, 56th Jnanpith award at Guwahati.
- Nilmani Phookan is the third person to win the Jnanpith Award from Assam after Mamoni Roisom Goswami and Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya.
- Novelist Damodar Mauzo was chosen for 57th Jnanpith Award 2022 for his contribution to Indian literature.
- Notable works of Phookan: ‘Xurjya Henu Naami Aahe Ei Nodiyedi’, ‘Kabita’, and ‘Gulapi Jamur Lagna’
Indian Coast Guard commissioned advanced light helicopter MK III squadron
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has commissioned the latest Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH-Dhruv) MK-III squadron in Bhubaneswar in Odisha.
- ALH was commissioned in the presence of Indian Coast Guard chief Virender Singh Pathania. It will enhance maritime security capabilities of force along with West Bengal and Odisha Coast and beyond.
- It was manufactured by the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
About Indian Coast Guard (ICG):
- Formed: August 18, 1978
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director General: Virender Singh Pathania
- Motto: Vayam Rakṣāmaḥ (We protect)
DRDO & Indian Army successfully test-fired Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System
- The Indian Army and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested a new version of the Pinaka rocket system at the Pokhran firing ranges.
- These included Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System (EPRS) and Pinaka Area Denial Munition (ADM) rocket systems.
- The Pinaka rocket system has been developed by DRDO lab- Armament Research and Development Establishment, Pune in collaboration with High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune.
- The EPRS is the upgraded version of the Pinaka variant, which has been in service with the Indian Army for the last decade. After establishing the performance efficacy of the enhanced range version of Pinaka, the technology was transferred to the industries viz. Munitions India Limited (MIL) and Economic Explosives Limited Nagpur.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
IIT-Madras launched India’s 1st indigenously developed polycentric prosthetic knee “Kadam”
- India’s first indigenously developed polycentric prosthetic knee – Kadam was launched by the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M), the Above Knee Prosthesis was developed in association with Society for Biomedical Technology (SBMT) and Mobility India.
- Kadam will help people with above-knee amputees to walk in comfortable gait. Kadam has multiple axes hinge joints for rotation which provide greater control over the prosthesis and gives a maximum knee flexion of 160 degrees to make it easy to sit in cramped spaces like buses and autos.
- The design includes high durable stainless steel and aluminium alloy along with hard chrome plated EN8 pins and high fatigue life polymer bushings, which was developed by a team at TTK Centre for Rehabilitation Research and Device Development (R2D2) at IIT-M.
- TTK Centre for Rehabilitation Research and Device Development (R2D2) also developed and commercialized ‘Arise,’ the country’s first standing wheelchair and NeoFly-NeoBolt: active wheelchair and motorized add-on for seamless indoor-outdoor mobility.
China successfully launched new satellite ‘Gaofen-3 03’ for earth observation
- China has successfully launched, a new Earth observation satellite ‘Gaofen-3 03′ from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre by a Long March-4C rocket.
- This will become part of its land-sea radar satellite constellation by forming a network with the orbiting Gaofen-3 and Gaofen-3 02 satellites. It will also capture images to help China safeguard its maritime rights.
- These Earth Observation satellites have produced many SAR images on daily basis. Other satellites that already orbiting: Gaofen-3 and Gaofen-3 02.
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc won 2022 F1 Australian Grand Prix
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari- Monaco) has won the Formula 1 2022 Australian Grand Prix, held on 10 April 2022 in Melbourne, Victoria.
- It was the third round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship. Sergio Pérez (Red Bull Racing-RBPT – Mexico) came second while George Russell (Mercedes – Britain) came third.
Note: List of 2022 F1 Race
- Bahrain Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari-Monaco)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Australian Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari-Monaco)
India bagged 10 medals with 3 gold at Thailand Open Boxing Tournament 2022
- The 15-member Indian boxing contingents ended their campaign at the Thailand Open International Boxing Tournament 2022 in Phuket with 10 medals, including three golds, four silvers, and three bronze.
- Gold medal winners earned USD 2000 while silver and bronze medallists took home USD 1000 and USD 500 respectively as the tournament witnessed thrilling competition with the participation of 130 top boxers including 74 males and 56 females, from Asia, Europe, Oceania and Africa.
Medal Winners include:
|Gold||Govind Sahani (48kg)|
|Ananta Pralhad Chopde (54kg)|
|Silver||Amit Panghal (52kg)|
|Varinder Singh (60kg)|
|Ashish Kumar (81kg)|
|Bhagyabati Kachari (75kg)|
Dipika Pallikal & Saurav Ghosal won 1st-ever gold medal at 2022 WSF World Doubles Squash championships
- The second-seeded Indian duo Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Saurav Ghosal won the mixed double title at the 2022 WSF World Doubles Squash championship at Glasglow, Scotland.
- The Indian duo thrashed the fourth-seeded pair of Adrian Waller and Alison Waters of England in the mixed doubles finals in straight sets 11-6, 11-8. This is the first gold medal for India at the WSF World Doubles Squash championship, which the country had never won before this.
- Meanwhile, England’s Declan James and James Willstrop beat Scotland’s Greg Lobban and Rory Stewart, 11-10; 11-6, to win the men’s doubles final. Apart from this, Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa paired to win the women’s doubles final, 11-9, 4-11, 11-8 defeating England’s Sarah Jane Perry and Waters.
11 April: World Parkinson’s Day
- World Parkinson’s Day is annually observed on April 11 to raise awareness of Parkinson’s disease, which is described as a movement disorder that impacts the nervous system.
- This day also marks the birth anniversary of Dr. James Parkinson, who first described the features of the disease in his article – An Essay on the Shaking Palsy in 1817.
- Theme 2022: “integrated health care”.
11 April: National Safe Motherhood Day
- National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on 11 April every year to create awareness about maternity facilities, lactating women, and also for proper health care given to women.
- The day is marked annually in India and aims to raise awareness about the care that a pregnant woman needs before, during, and after childbirth.
- National Safe Motherhood Day is an initiative undertaken by the White Ribbon Alliance. The government of India in the year 2003 designated 11 April as National Safe Motherhood Day. The day also marks the birth anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi.
11 April: National Pet Day
- National Pet Day is celebrated on 11th April every year in the US.
- This day highlights public awareness for the animals awaiting homes in shelters and celebrates the joy pets bring into our lives.
- Colleen Paige, a renowned animal welfare advocate and lifestyle expert, proposed National Pet Day in 2006.
Actor-screenwriter Shiv Kumar Subramaniam passed away
- Actor-screenwriter Shiv Kumar Subramaniam has passed away, he was known for his roles in serial Mukti Bandhan and Meenakshi Sundareshwar.
- He started his career by writing a screenplay for 1989 film Parinda which was directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
- He won the Filmfare Award for Best Story for Hazaron Khawaishein Aisis. He has worked in films like 2 States, Hichki, Nail Polish, Rocky Handsome and more.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs