Current Affairs 11th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
National Health Mission launched project ‘Niramay’ in Assam
- National Health Mission (NHM), Assam in collaboration with Piramal Swasthya, a non-profit organisation, and Cisco launched a pilot project ‘Niramay’ to digitise the public healthcare delivery in Assam.
- The Project Niramay covers health and wellness centres, block primary health centres and district hospitals at three local districts – Baksa, Barpeta, and Darrang.
- This initiative is based on Piramal Swasthya’s indigenous built-in wellbeing expertise platform ‘Accessible Medical Records through Integrated Technologies’ (AMRIT).
- Aim:To strengthen the health system at the grassroots level and improve the quality of healthcare along with healthcare delivery.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagadish Mukhi
Kevadia railway station renamed as Ekta Nagar railway station
- Ministry of Railways has approved renaming of the Kevadiya railway station in Narmada district of Gujarat, as Ekta Nagar railway station.
- Statue of Unity’s Kevadiya railway station falls under the Vadodara division. New station code of Ekta Nagar railway station will be Numerical code of Ekta Nagar railway station will be 08224620.
- Under the public-private partnership (PPP) initiative, the Vadodara Division of Western Railways had awarded first of its kind contract in the Indian Railways network for the development of an Art Gallery with a Souvenir shop at Gujarat’s Kevadiya Railway station.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya : Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Gorewada International Zoo: Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
- Mohali International Hockey Stadium: Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF): Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF).
- Faizabad Railway Junction: Ayodhya Cantt
- MP’s Bhopal Habibganj railway station: Rani Kamlapati railway station
- Indore’s Patalpani Railway Station: Tribal Icon Tantya Bhil railway station
- UP’s Jhansi Railway Station: ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’
KVIC launched India’s 1st Mobile Honey Processing Van at Ghaziabad
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Chairman, Vinai Kumar Saxena has launched India’s first Mobile Honey Processing Van at Village Sirora in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- It has been designed by KVIC at its Multi-disciplinary training centre, Panjokehra. The cost of developing the unit is around Rs 15 lakh.
- It can process 300 kg of honey in 8 hours and has a testing laboratory to instantly examine quality of honey.
About Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Vinai Kumar Saxena
Kochi became India’s first city to have a Water Metro Project
- Kochi, Kerala has become India’s first city to have a Water Metro Project after the launch of its first boat in December 2021, namely ‘Muziris,’ among the 23 battery-powered electric boats being manufactured by Cochin Shipyard Limited.
- This launch is a part of Rs 747-crore project which is operated by Kochi Water Metro Ltd (KWML). The boats will be called Water Metros.
- With a total outlay of Rs 819 crore, project’s major part is financed under Indo-German Financial Cooperation through a long-term loan agreement of 85 million Euros (Rs 579 crore) with German funding agency, KfW (Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau).
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Telangana govt launched 1st of its Kind Mobile App ‘Urban Forest Park’
- The Forest Department of Telangana launched 1st of its Kind mobile app named ‘Urban Forest Parks’ that gives all information about theme based Urban Forest Parks and facilitates the visitors to plan their visits and journey.
- It was launched by the state’s Forest Minister Allola Indrakaran Reddy. It is developed by PamTen Software Solutions Private Limited.
- In the first phase, the app discloses information for 39 parks developed under HMDA (Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority), Medchal, Ranga Reddy and Hyderabad
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
J&K signed an MoU with Dubai’s Century Financial to receive USD 100 million investment
- The Jammu and Kashmir government signed an MoU with Dubai based Century Financial, which will invest USD 100 million in J&K.
- The event was presided over by the Lieutenant Governor (LG) of J&K Manoj Sinha. Century Financial will invest in 3 hotels and 1 commercial-cum-residential complex in J&K.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
- Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019
Banking and Financial
ECI increased expenditure limit for candidates in polls
- The Election Commission of India has increased the existing election expenditure limit for candidates in Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies, due to the rise in inflation.
- The new limits will be applicable in all upcoming elections in the country. The previous major revision in the election expenditure limit was done in 2014. It was further increased by 10% in 2020.
- EC had formed a committee to study the cost factors and other related issues, and make suitable recommendations.
Parliamentary constituencies poll expenditure ceiling:
- The ceiling on parliamentary poll expenditure has been raised from 70 lakh to 95 lakh rupees in bigger states and 54 lakh to 75 lakhs in smaller states.
- The bigger states include Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Karnataka.
- The smaller states include Goa, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and UTs.
- The ceiling on poll expenditure in UT of Jammu and Kashmir has been raised to 95 lakhs.
Assembly constituencies poll expenditure limits:
- For Assembly constituencies, expenditure limits have been enhanced from 28 lakh rupees to 40 lakh rupees in bigger states and from 20 lakhs to 28 lakhs in smaller states.
About Election Commission of India (ECI):
- Formed:25 January 1950
- Headquarters:New Delhi
- Chief Election Commissioner: Sushil Chandra
- Election Commissioner: Anup Chandra Pandey, Rajiv Kumar
Deposits in Jan Dhan accounts crossed Rs 1.5 lakh crores: Finance Ministry
- As per the latest data of finance ministry, the deposits in bank accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme have crossed Rs 1.5 lakh crore mark.
- Total balance in accounts under Jan Dhan scheme was recorded at Rs 1,50,939.36 crore as on December-end 2021.
- Data revealed that over 44.23 crore accounts have been opened under the scheme. Of this, 34.9 crore accounts were opened with the public sector banks, 8.05 crore with regional rural banks, and the remaining 1.28 crore with private sector banks.
- RuPay Debit Cards were issued to 31.28 crores PMJDY beneficiaries under this scheme.
RBI set up a separate department for “FinTech”; headed by Ajay Kumar Choudhary
- Reserve Bank of India has set up a separate internal department for fintech (Financial technology) by subsuming the fintech division of DPSS (department of payment and settlement systems), Central Office (CO) to facilitate innovation, and help identify, address challenges and opportunities in the fintech sector.
- Ajay Kumar Choudhary, who was recently promoted as the Executive Director of RBI was appointed as head of the department.
- FinTech department was set up on January 4, 2022. The department will be administratively attached to the centralised administrative division (CAD) of the central office.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Appointment and Resignation
Viresh Kumar Bhawra assumed charge as Director General of Punjab Police
- Viresh Kumar Bhawra (1987-batch IPS officer) has assumed the Charge of Director General of Punjab Police.
- He was the DGP of Punjab Home Guards. He replaced officiating DGP Siddharth Chattopadhyaya.
- After assuming the charge, Punjab Police will ensure smooth conduct of elections, and will be eradicating drug menace and terrorism from the state.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Charanjit Singh Channi
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Forensic Science Laboratory won 2021 Silver SKOCH Award for Governance at 78th SKOCH Summit
- The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) Forensic Service, Delhi, has won the SKOCH Award 2021 (Silver) in the Governance category for its work towards combating Crime and Violence against Children.
- The award was presented during the 78th SKOCH Summit held on 6th January 2022. The “State of Governance” was the theme of the summit.
- The SKOCH Literature Award 2021 was presented to the book titled ‘Rising to the China Challenge: Winning Through Strategic Patience and Flexible Policies’ authored by leading members of Pune International Centre (PIC).
Golden Globe Awards 2022 announced
- Golden Globe Awards 2022 ceremony has been announced to recognize excellence in film, both American and international, and American television.
- This was the 79th edition of the annual event, which honoured the best in American television, as well as film in 2021 as chosen by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- The Power of the Dog, West Side Story won the most number of awards with 3 each.
List of winners in Golden Globe Awards 2022:
|Best motion picture, drama||The Power of the Dog|
|Best TV series, drama||Succession|
|Best director, motion picture||Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog|
|Best actress in a motion picture, drama||Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos|
|Best actor in a motion picture, drama||Will Smith, King Richard|
|Best motion picture, musical or comedy||West Side Story|
|Best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy||Rachel Zegler, West Side Story|
|Best actress in a TV series, drama||Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, Pose|
|Best actor in a supporting role in any motion picture||Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog|
|Best original score, motion picture||Hans Zimmer, Dune|
|Best original song, motion picture||No Time to Die, No Time to Die|
|Best actor in a motion picture, musical or comedy||Andrew Garfield, Tick, Tick… Boom!|
|Best limited series or TV movie||The Underground Railroad|
|Best TV series, musical or comedy||Hacks|
|Best actress in a TV series, musical or comedy||Jean Smart, Hacks|
|Best actress in a limited series or TV movie||Kate Winslet, Mare of Easttown|
|Best actor in a limited series or TV movie||Michael Keaton, Dopesick|
|Best supporting actress in a TV role||Sarah Snook, Succession|
|Best screenplay, motion picture||Kenneth Branagh, Belfast|
|Best actor in a TV series, musical or comedy||Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso|
|Best motion picture, non-English language||Drive My Car (Japan)|
|Best actor in a TV series, drama||Jeremy Strong, Succession|
|Best motion picture, animated||Encanto|
|Best supporting actor in a TV role||O Yeong-Su, Squid Game|
|Best actress in a supporting role in any motion picture||Ariana DeBose, West Side Story|
2022 Adelaide International 1: Gael Monfils won Men’s Singles & Ashleigh Barty won Women’s Singles title
- The 3rd edition of Adelaide International 2022 was held at The Memorial Drive Tennis Centre, Adelaide, Australia as two events, from 3rd January 2022 to 15th January 2022.
- The Tournament was majorly sponsored by Adelaide South Australia & Government of South Australia.
- The 2022 Adelaide International’s, first event, (Adelaide International 1) was hosted from 3rd to 9th January 2022 and featured a WTA 500 and ATP 250 combined tournament, followed by the2nd Adelaide International event, (Adelaide International 2) a WTA 250 and ATP 250 tournament from 9th to 15th January 2022.
- The event is part of the lead-up to the first Grand Slam tournament of the season, the Australian Open.
|Men’s Singles||Gael Monfils (France)||Karen Khachanov (Russia)|
|Women’s Singles||Ashleigh Barty (Australia)||Elena Rybakina (Kazakhstan)|
|Men’s Doubles||Rohan Bopanna & Ramkumar Ramanathan (India)||Ivan Dodig (Croatia) and Marcelo Melo (Brazil)|
|Women’s Doubles||Ashleigh Barty and Storm Sanders (Australia)||Darija Jurak (Croatia) and Andreja Klepac (Slovenia)|
Melbourne Summer Set 1 trophy 2022: Rafael Nadal won Men’s Singles & Simona Halep won Women’s Singles title
- Rafael Nadal from Spain defeated American Maxime Cressy, (7-6), (6-3) in the Men’s Singles final of the Melbourne Summer Set 2022 Set 1, ATP 250 in “Hard-Court” at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
- 2022 Melbourne Summer Set was a series of two simultaneous tennis tournaments organized by Tennis Australia at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia.
- The Melbourne Summer Set 1 featured an ATP Tour 250 tournament and a WTA 250 tournament, both played on hard courts. The Melbourne Summer Set 2 was a WTA 250 tournament played on hard courts.
- This is Nadal’s 89th career singles title and first title in Australia since 2009. Rafael Nadal has won a record 20 Grand Slam singles titles which ties him with Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic. Nadal has also won 36 Masters 1000 titles.
|Melbourne Summer Set 1|
|MEN’S SINGLES||Rafael Nadal (Spain)||Maxime Cressy (USA)|
|WOMEN’S SINGLES||Simona Halep (Romania)||Veronika Kudermetova (Russia)|
|MEN’S DOUBLES||Wesley koolhof – Neal Skupski
(Netherland – United Kingdom)
|Aleksandr Nedovyesov – Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi
(Kazakhstan – Pakistan)
|WOMEN’S DOUBLES||Asia Muhammad – Jessica Pegula (USA -USA)||Sara Errani – Jasmine Paolini (Italy – Italy)|
|Melbourne Summer Set 2|
|Women’s Singles||Amanda Anisimova
|Women’s Doubles||Bernarda Pera – Katerina Siniakova
(USA – Czech Republic)
|Tereza Martincova – Mayar Sherif
(Czech Republic – Egypt)
Defence Minister inaugurated Kalpana Chawla Centre for Research in Space Science and Technology at Chandigarh University
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated Kalpana Chawla Centre for Research in Space Science and Technology (KCCRSST) at Chandigarh University.
- The Union Minister also launched Chandigarh University’s Defence Scholarship Scheme, worth Rs 10 Crore, for the wards of Defence Personnel of the three services. Kalpana Chawla was the first woman of Indian origin to go to space.
Book and Author
Thomas Matthew wrote Ratan Tata’s biography titled ‘Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography’
- Retired IAS officer and senior bureaucrat Dr. Thomas Matthew has penned down Ratan Tata’s authorized biography titled ‘Ratan N. Tata: The Authorized Biography’
- The book chronicles Ratan Tata’s childhood, college years, and early influences, among other things.
- Ratan Tata is an Indian industrialist and former chairman of Tata Sons and awarded Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan (2000).
- The book is set to hit the stands in November 2022. It will be published by
11 January: National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- National Human Trafficking Awareness Day is observed on January 11th to raise awareness about the ongoing problem of human trafficking.
- Though the entire month of January has already been recognized as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, this day is specifically dedicated to awareness and prevention of illegal practice.
- In 2007, the United States Senate ratified the resolution establishing January 11th as National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. In 2010, President Obama dedicated the entire month of January to awareness and prevention of human trafficking.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs