Current Affairs 11th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Tripura Govt announced “Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa” scheme for tea workers
- Tripura Government has announced a special scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa’, allotting Rs. 85 crores for its implementation, as a step towards bringing the 7000 tea garden workers of Tripura under the social security net.
- About 75% of the 7000 tea garden workers are women and they produce nearly 90 lakh kilograms of tea through 54 tea estates & 21 tea processing factories across the state. The tea production is mainly distributed in the North, Sepahijala, Unakoti, and West Tripura districts.
- This special scheme would ensure housing, rations, and financial support to the tea garden workers by integrating the facilities that are entitled to them, by the state government and the central government.
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister, Amit Shah had recently inaugurated the year 2022 Women Empowerment Campaign and Chief Minister Shramik Kalyan Prakalp scheme for the women of Tripura on the occasion of International Women’s Day & has also laid the foundation stone for National Forensic Sciences University in Agartala, capital of Tripura.
- Capital: Agartala
- Chief Minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya
Jyotiraditya Scindia and Shivraj Chouhan inaugurated the first drone school in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the first drone school in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- In addition, Madhya Pradesh was also the first state in the country in advancing the use of drone technology at a big scale by organizing drone meta in Gwalior in December last year.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
India’s 1st fully women-owned industrial park inaugurated in Hyderabad
- India’s first 100% women-owned industrial park became operational in Hyderabad, Telangana. It is spread over a 50-acre area in Sultanpur near Patancheru industrial area.
- Industrial Park is promoted by FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) in partnership with the state government of Telangana.
- Initially, the park has 25 women-owned and operated units, across 16 different green category industrial segments Estimated investment cost of the project is Rs 250 crores.
- Aim: To propagate and encourage sustainable development and growth
About FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO):
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- President: Ujjwala Singhania
BIS signed MoU with IIT Roorkee for ‘BIS Standardization Chair Professor’
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has signed MoU with IIT Roorkee for the establishment of ‘BIS Standardization Chair Professor’ at IIT Roorkee.
- This would be the 1st Standardization Chair established by BIS in an Institute for activities on Standardization and Conformity Assessment.
- It will help in sensitizing students on how standards can encourage and facilitate innovation and will help in grooming students making them better prepared for their future challenges.
About Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS):
- Founded: 23 December 1986
- Headquarters: Manak Bhawan, Old Delhi
- Director-General: Pramod Kumar Tiwari
Andhra Pradesh retained the first rank in Skoch State of Governance ranking 2021
- Andhra Pradesh has retained its number one spot in the SKOCH State of Governance rankings in 2021. According to a release, the State retained the first rank for the second consecutive year.
- The second rank was bagged by West Bengal and Odisha was ranked 3, Gujarat was ranked 4, and Maharashtra was ranked 5. Neighboring Telangana was ranked 6.
- In 2020 too, Andhra Pradesh bagged the top rank in governance. Andhra Pradesh was ranked at second position in 2018 and later it slipped to 4th position in 2019, according to Skoch.
- Andhra Pradesh also bagged top position in police and safety, agriculture, district administration, and rural development.
- The SKOCH Group has released the SKOCH Governance Report Card for 2021 in New Delhi, ranking the states according to their performance in various projects at state, district, and Email Article Print Article municipal levels.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital), Amaravati (legislative capital.)
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
V-Dem’s Democracy Report 2022: India ranked 93rd; Sweden topped
- According to the Swedish-based V-Dem (Varieties of Democracy) Institute report titled, ‘Democracy Report 2022: Autocratisation Changing Nature’, India has been ranked among the top ten autocratic countries in the world and has been ranked 93rd on the Liberal Democracy Index (LDI) out of 179 countries.
- India is one of the top ten ‘autocratisers’ in the world, which indicates that India is autocratic rather than a democracy that it can more suitably be indicated as an electoral autocracy.
- India is in the bottom 40% to 50% of countries on V-Dem’s Liberal Democracy Index (LDI).
- In Democracy report 2020, the institute classified India as an electoral autocracy. It has slipped further down in the Electoral Democracy Index, to 100, and even lower in the Deliberative Component Index, at
- Most autocratic countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Venezuela are among the most autocratic in the world.
- Top 5 LDI Countries:
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- Henley Passport index 2022: 83; Japan & Singapore topped
- 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI): 85th, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand topped
- EIU’s Democracy Index 2021: 46th; Norway topped
- 9th USGBC top 10 ranking of Countries outside of US for LEED in 2021: 3rd; China topped
- Deloitte 2022 CxO Sustainability Report: Indian businesses ranked 5th in their concern for climate change.
- 10th International Intellectual Property Index (IIP Index 2022): India ranked 43rd; US topped
Banking and Financial
India signed $125 million loan agreement with World Bank for social protection services in West Bengal
- The government of India, the Government of West Bengal, and the World Bank have signed $125 million IBRD loan to support efforts to help poor and vulnerable groups access social protection services in West Bengal.
- World Bank runs more than 400 programs for social assistance, care services, and jobs under the umbrella platform called Jai Bangla.
- West Bengal Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection Project will support these interventions at the state level, with particular focus on vulnerable groups such as women, tribal and scheduled caste households, and the elderly, as well as households in the state’s disaster-prone coastal regions.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021-22
- Rs 770 crore: for Assam to promote river transportation
- $250 million: to improve quality of learning in Andhra Pradesh
- $135 million: to improve efficiency, reliability of electricity supply in West Bengal
- USD 125 million: to West Bengal for social protection services
- $115 million (INR 869 crore): to GoI, Karnataka, and Odisha for implementation of “Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agricultural Resilience through Innovative Development” (REWARD) Project
ToneTag partnered with NSDL Payments Bank & NPCI to launch VoiceSe UPI digital payments for feature phone users
- ToneTag has partnered with NSDL Payments Bank and NPCI to launch its “VoiceSe UPI payments service” for feature phone users.
- This comes after the Reserve Bank of India has launched the UPI 123Pay facility that enables UPI payments for feature phone users. ToneTag is a sound-based proximity communication and payments service provider based in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- To access the “VoiceSe UPI payments service” feature phone users need to call on the IVRS number 6366 200 200. Every user can only proceed with the financial transaction through UPI PIN. They do not require internet connectivity or a smartphone for making payments.
About NSDL Payments Bank:
- Founded: 1996
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Abhijit Kamalapurkar
NaBFID will be regulated as All India Financial Institution under RBI Act
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has announced that National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID) will be regulated and supervised as an All India Financial Institution (AIFI) by it under Sections 45L and 45N of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Act, 1934.
- It shall be the 5th AIFI after Export-Import (EXIM) Bank, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), National Housing Bank (NHB), and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- The National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID) Act, 2021, received the assent of the President on March 28, 2021, and came into force with effect from April 19, 2021.’
About National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID):
- Founded: 2021
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: K V Kamath
Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance entered into a bancassurance partnership with Bharat Co-operative Bank
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI), the life insurance subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL), and Bharat Co-operative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd. have announced their bancassurance partnership.
- This collaboration facilitates a common platform to reach out to the bank’s five lakh plus customers with relevant life insurance solutions. The agreement will provide life insurance support to more than 5 lakh customers of the bank.
Appointment and Resignation
Ashwani Bhatia appointed as a whole-time member of SEBI
- The cabinet has appointed Ashwani Bhatia, managing director of the State Bank of India (SBI), as a whole-time member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved Ashwani Bhatia’s appointment as a whole-time member of SEBI for three years from the date of his assumption of the command.
- In August 2020, Ashwani Bhatia, who will be retiring in May 2022, that is this year, was promoted to the post of managing director of State Bank of India.
- He was the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of SBI Mutual Fund before his promotion to the post of MD of SBI. He was employed with SBI as a Probationary Officer (PO) in 1985. He has held various posts over his 33-year career at the State Bank of India.
About The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Founded: 12th April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Madhabi Puri Buch
Prabha Narasimhan appointed as CEO of Colgate-Palmolive India
- Prabha Narasimhan has been appointed as the CEO and MD of Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited. She succeeded Ram Raghavan, who has been promoted to the role of President, Enterprise Oral Care, at Colgate Palmolive Company.
- Prior to this, she was working as executive director of Hindustan Unilever (HUL). Colgate-Palmolive (India) provides oral care products under the ‘Colgate’ brand. It also provides personal care products under the ‘Palmolive’ brand name.
India topped the medal tally with 4 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze in 2022 ISSF World Cup
- India has taken first place in the medal standings at the ISSF World Cup 2022 in Cairo, organized by the International Shooting Sport Federation.
- By winning a total of seven medals, the Indian team took first place in the medals tally, with four gold, two silver, and one bronze.
- Norway took second place in the medals tally with six medals (three gold, one silver, and two bronze). France came in third place with three gold medals out of a total of
India medal winners in ISSF World Cup 2022:
- Women’s 25m pistol team – Gold (Rahi Sarnobat, Esha Singh and Rhythm Sangwan)
- Men’s 10m air pistol – Gold (Saurabh Chaudhary)
- Women’s 10m air pistol team – Gold (Esha Singh, Nivetha Paramanantham, Ruchira Vinerkar)
- 25m rapid fire pistol mixed team – Gold (Rhythm Sangwan and Anish Bhanwala)
- Women’s 10m air pistol event – Silver (Esha Singh)
- Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol team – Silver (Gurpreet Singh, Anish Bhanwala and Bhavesh Shekhawat)
- 50m rifle 3 positions mixed team event – Bronze (Shriyanka Sadangi and Akhil Sheoran)
About International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF):
- Founded: 1907
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- President: Vladimir Lisin
Book and Author
Biography of late Soli Sorabjee titled “Soli Sorabjee: Life and Times” authored by Abhinav Chandrachud
- A new biography, titled “Soli Sorabjee: Life and Times” was announced on March 9, 2022, during the occasion of the 92nd birth anniversary of Soli Sorabjee.
- It is authored by advocate and legal scholar Abhinav Chandrachud and will be released in April 2022. The book highlights the personal details of the life of Soli Sorabjee, his family background.
- He was the former Attorney General (AG) of India and served two times for the years 1989-90 and then from 1998- 2004.
10 March: International Day of Women Judges
- This year, 10 March will be celebrated as the International Day of Women Judges. The day will be celebrated and observed for the first time after the UN General Assembly passed the resolution concerning the same in April 2021.
- The International Day of Women Judges aims to recognize the efforts and contributions being made by women judges. The day also empowers young women and girls who aspire to become judges and leaders in the community.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs