Daily GK Update 11 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 11th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Puducherry achieves 100% tap water connection in rural areas under Jal Jeevan Mission
- Puducherry has achieved the target of 100% piped water connection in rural areas under the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
- Union Territory became the fourth State/UT after Goa, Telangana and Andaman and Nicobar Islands to provide assured tap water supply to every rural home under the Centre’s flagship programme by 2024.
Banking & Financial
CSC and HDFC Bank launches chatbot ‘Eva’
- HDFC Bank and Common Services Centres (CSCs) on 10th May launched chatbot ‘Eva’ on CSCs Digital Seva Portal to support the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in providing banking services for the last mile rural consumers.
- Through Eva, VLEs will learn about the products and services offered by the HDFC Bank, which will improve services to the last mile customers and enhance banking services for the last mile.
- The 24×7 service will allow VLEs to access accurate information about various products, processes and resolve queries about HDFC Bank’s services.
Note: About HDFC
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- MD and CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan;
- Tagline: We understand your world.
Nomura cuts India’s FY22 growth estimate to 10.8% due to lockdowns
- Japanese brokerage Nomura on Tuesday cut its GDP growth estimate for India for the current 2021-22 fiscal to 10.8 per cent from the earlier 12.6 per cent, blaming the impact of the second wave-induced lockdowns.
- The economy is officially assumed to have contracted by 7.6 per cent in FY21 because of the hit following the national lockdown last year.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
Bajaj Finance gets RBI approval for prepaid payment business
- Bajaj Finance is all set to join the likes of Paytm and Amazon in the prepaid payment segment with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approving the non-bank lender’s foray with perpetual validity.
- The move is part of Bajaj Finance’s broader strategy to expand its digital offerings. RBI has granted authorization to the Company for issuance and operation of semi-closed Prepaid Payment Instruments with perpetual validity.
Jose Kattoor named RBI Executive Director with effect from May 4
- The Reserve Bank of India on 10th May announced it has promoted Jose J. Kattoor as Executive Director (ED) with effect from May 04, 2021.
- He will look after the Human Resource Management Department, Corporate Strategy and Budget Department and Rajbhasha Department.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
Dr. Tahera Qutbuddin 1st Indian To Won Arab World Nobel Prize
- Mumbai born, Dr Tahera Qutbuddin, a professor of Arabic Literature at the University of Chicago, recently became the first person of Indian origin to win the 15th Sheikh Zayed Book Award.
- The award is considered to be the Nobel Prize of the Arab world. She won the award for her latest book, “Arabic Oration – Art and Function” published by Brill Academic Publishers of Leiden in 2019.
Indian and Indonesian navies conduct exercise in Arabian sea
- The Indian and Indonesian Navies conducted Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the southern Arabian sea on 9th May with a focus on further improving their interoperability.
- The exercise was aimed at improving interoperability and understanding between both the friendly navies. PASSEXes are regularly conducted by IN with units of Friendly Foreign Countries.
- The last PASSEX between IN and Indonesian Navy was conducted on 13 Mar 21 between INS Kalpeni, IN Dornier and KRI Sultan Iskandar Muda.
Note: Other Exercise
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
Pakistan’s Babar Azam Wins ICC Players of the Month for April 2021
- Pakistani skipper Babar Azam has been named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for April 2021 for his consistent and stellar performances across all formats in the recently concluded series against South Africa.
- Along with Babar, Australian women’s team wicketkeeper-batsman Alyssa Healy also bagged the ICC Women’s Player of The Month accolade for her incredible performances during the month of April.
11 May: National Technology Day
- May 11 is observed as National Technology Day every year to mark the anniversary of the Pokhran nuclear tests of 1998.
- The Indian government officially declared 11 May as National Technology Day to commemorate the first of the five nuclear tests that were carried out on 11 May 1998.
- Theme 2021: ‘Science and Technology for a sustainable future’.
Malayalam screenwriter-actor Madampu Kunjukuttan passed away
- Malayalam screenwriter-actor Madampu Kunjukuttan passed away on 11th May. He was 81. He was later diagnosed with the coronavirus.
- He entered the film industry as a screenwriter with Ashwadhamavu in the year 1979. In 2000, he bagged the prestigious National Award for best screenplay for Karunam, which was directed by Jayaraj. His film, Parinamam had won the award for the best screenplay at the Ashdod international film festival in Israel in 2003.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|