Current Affairs 11th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Meghalaya Cabinet approved the creation of Eastern West Khasi Hills as the 12th district
- The Meghalaya Cabinet approved a proposal to upgrade the Mairang civil sub-division to a full-fledged district which will be called as ‘Eastern West Khasi Hills district’. It will be Meghalaya’s 12th district.
- Currently, Mairang is now a sub-division under the West Khasi Hills district. The creation of the new district will ensure that the administration will remain closer to the people besides implementation of various schemes will also be more effective.
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
Climate Change Performance Index 2022: India ranked 10th; Denmark secured 4th place
- India has been placed at 10th spot in the global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022 released by Germanwatch along with Climate Action Network (CAN) and New Climate Institute, on the sidelines of the COP26. In 2020 also India was at 10th position.
- The first three overall positions remain empty as no country performs well enough in all index categories to achieve an overall very high rating.
- Denmark occupied a fourth place as the highest-ranked country in CCPI 2022, followed by Sweden (5th), and Norway (6th) Other countries in the top 10 are the United Kingdom (7th), Morocco (8th), and Chile (9th).
- Worst performers: Australia, South Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Kazakhstan
India’s rank under other categories:
|Greenhouse Gas Emissions||10|
|Renewable Energy (RE)||24|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021: 2nd
- Global Innovation Index (GII) 2021: 46th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 90th
- Global Hunger Index 2021: 101st
- Global Food Security Index 2021: 71st
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
USA became 101st member country of International Solar Alliance
- United States of America (USA)has joined International Solar Alliance (ISA) as a member country. USA is now the 101st country to sign the framework agreement of the ISA.
- The ISA’s framework, which was first circulated in 2016 to obtain backing from other countries, emphasizes on delivering local benefits to all countries through collaborations.
- Earlier at COP26, the US joined the steering committee of the “One Sun One World One Grid” initiative that includes Australia, France, the UK, and India.
About International Solar Alliance (ISA):
- Founded: 30 November 2015
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Membership: 124 members of UN
- Director General: Ajay Mathur
Fumio Kishida re-elected as Prime Minister of Japan
- Fumio Kishidaleader of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) has been re-elected as the Prime Minister (PM) of Japan following the victory of the LDP in the 2021 Parliament election.
- Fumio Kishida succeeded Yoshihide Suga who resigned as PM of Japan in September 2021.
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Emperor: Naruhito
Banking and Financial
RBI lifted restrictions on Diners Club International Limited
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) lifted restrictions imposed on 23rd April 2021 with immediate effect on credit card issuer Diners Club International Ltd to onboard new customers.
- RBI restricted Diners Club International Ltd. from onboarding new domestic customers onto its card network from May 1, 2021, due to non-compliance with RBI on storage of Payment System Data
- Earlier, RBI has banned – American Express, the 7th largest credit card issuer in India (on 23rd April 2021), and Mastercard, the 2nd largest credit card issuer in India (in July 2021) from enrolling new customers. RBI has not yet lifted its ban.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
RBI launched 1st Global Hackathon named HARBINGER 2021
- The Reserve Bank of India has launched its first global hackathon named “HARBINGER 2021 – Innovation for Transformation”.
- The Hackathon invites participants to identify and develop solutions that have the potential to make digital payments accessible to the under-served, enhance the ease of payments and user experience while strengthening the security of digital payments, and promote customer protection.
- The winner of the hackathon will get 40 lakhs while Runner-up will get Rs. 20 lakhs.
- The theme of HARBINGER 2021: ‘Smarter Digital Payments’.
Appointment and Resignation
Mohammed Siraj appointed as My11Circle Brand Ambassador
- Games24x7 fantasy cricket platform ‘My11Circle’ announced Indian Cricketer Mohammad Siraj as its new brand ambassador.
- Other brand ambassadors of My11Circle –Saurav Ganguly, Ajinkya Rahane, VVS Laxman, etc.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- CoinDCX ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Russian Film Festival in India: Imtiaz Ali
- Realme: KL Rahul
- Adidas’ Global Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone
- FloBiz Neobank’s myBillBook: Manoj Bajpayee
- Bandhan Bank in Assam: Zubeen Garg
- Amway India: Amitabh Bachchan
DRDO signed Bilateral Innovation Agreement with Israel for dual-use technology
- DRDOhas signed a Bilateral Innovation Agreement with the Directorate of Defence Research and Development (DDR&D), Ministry of Defence, Israel to promote innovation and accelerated R&D in startups and MSMEs of both countries for the development of dual-use technologies.
- The BIA was signed by G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence, R&D and Chairman DRDO, and Daniel Gold, Head of DDR&D. The development efforts are jointly funded by India’s DRDO and Israel’s DDR&D.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
India’s 1st CoE in Research on Drone Technology & AI launched in IIT Guwahati
- Union Minister of State Civil Aviation General, V K Singh launched India’s 1st Centre for Excellence in Research on Drone/UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) technology and Artificial Intelligence at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati,
- ‘AXOM Droneports’ was also launched to support cargo drones that are delivering urgent medical and emergency supplies to remote areas of the region.
About Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati:
- Establishment: 1994
- Director: T. G. Sitharam
Mitrabha Guha named as India’s 72nd Grandmaster
- International Master (IM) Mitrabha Guha from Kolkata, West Bengal has become the 72nd Grandmaster of India after securing his 3rd and final Grandmaster (GM) norm at GM Third Saturday Mix 220, Novi Sad, Serbia.
- He won this 3rd GM norm against GM Nikola Sedlak of Mitrabha Guha scored his 2nd GM norm at the Sheikh Russel International GM Tournament 2021, Bangladesh.
Recent Indian Chess Grandmasters:
- 66th: G Akash (Tamil Nadu)
- 67th: Leon Mendonca (Goa)
- 68th: Arjun Kalyan (Tamil Nadu)
- 69th: Harshit Raja (Maharashtra)
- 70th: Raja Rithvik (Telangana)
- 71st: Sankalp Gupta (Maharashtra)
Manika Batra, Archana Kamath won the Doubles title at WTT Contender Tournament 2021
- Indian Table Tennis player Manika Batra and Archana Girish Kamath won the Women’s Double title at the 2021 World Table Tennis (WTT) Contender Tournament in Lasko, Slovenia.
- The Indian pair, placed at 36th in World Ranking, defeated the Puerto Rican team of Melanie Diaz and Adriana Diaz.
Book and Author
‘Nehru: The Debates that Define India’ co-authored by Tripurdaman Singh & Adeel Hussain
- A new book ‘Nehru: The Debates that Define India’ was co-authored by Tripurdaman Singh and Adeel Hussain, released on 11th November 2021.
- The book illustrates the ideas of Nehru with contemporaries across the political spectrum.
- Adeel Hussain’s next book ”Law and Muslim Political Thought in Late Colonial North India” will be released in 2022.
11 November: National Education Day
- In India, the National Education Day is celebrated on 11 November every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India.
- The day was announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development on 11 September 2008.
Cabinet approved to observe November 15 as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the declaration of November 15 as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas.
- 15 November has been chosen as this date marks the birth anniversary of Sri Birsa Munda who is revered as Bhagwan (God) by tribal communities across the country.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs