Current Affairs 11th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi lays foundation stone of projects in Bharuch, Gujarat
- PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of several developmental projects worth over Rs 8000 crore in the Bharuch district of Gujarat.
- The projects included Gujarat’s first Bulk Drug Park at Jambusar which will be built at the cost of 2500 crore rupees.
- The other one is a Deep Sea Pipeline Project at Dahej.
- He also laid foundation of4 Tribal Industrial Parks
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in Himachal Pradesh
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur has inaugurated a Water Sports Center in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh.
- The center will be dedicated to training athletes in water sports like Rowing, Canoeing, and Kayaking.
- The Water Sports Centre, the very first of its kind in Himachal Pradesh, has been jointly initiated by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital – Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
Recent Inauguration by Ministers
- PM Modi inaugurated AIIMS in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
- India’s second Srijagannath Rashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya inaugurated by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Amit Shah inaugurated Dairy Cooperative Conclave in Gangtok, Sikkim
- Nirmala Sitharaman launched e-learning platform Bharat Vidya
5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance’s to be held in New Delhi
- Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh has unveiled the curtain raiser to the 5th Assembly of the International Solar Alliance to be held in New Delhi from 7-20 October 2022.
- India holds the office of the President of the ISA Assembly.
- The fifth assembly of the solar alliance will deliberate on the key initiatives of ISA on three critical issues of energy access, energy security, and energy transition.
- The organization aims to unlock $1 trillion of investments in the solar energy sector by 2030 while reducing the cost of the technology and its financing.
- The International Solar Alliance is an international organization with 109 member and signatory countries.
- It works with governments to improve energy access and security worldwide and promote solar power as a sustainable way to transition to a carbon-neutral future.
EU approved adoption of world’s first single charger rule
- According to a new law passed by the EU parliament, all new smartphones, tablets and cameras will have a single standard charger from late 2024.
- As per the new rules, consumers do not need to buy a different charger every time, when they purchase a new device.
- It mandates smartphone, laptop and camera manufacturing companies to adopt a standard charger, atleast in Europe.
- It is expected to save at least 200 million euros ($195 million) per year and cut more than a thousand tonnes of EU electronic waste every year.
- The European Parliament has passed the new rule to introduce single charging port for electronic gadgets by 2024 in the EU.
- The European Union’s 27 countries are home to 450 million people who count among the world’s wealthiest consumers.
United Nations group committed 2050 goal of net-zero emissions from air travel
- A United Nations organization has committed to sharply cut carbon emissions from air travel by 2050 in response to growing pressure for airlines to reduce their pollution.
- This move could encourage the production of more sustainable aviation fuel.
- Aviation is a relatively small contributor to overall climate-changing emissions, but its share is expected to grow.
- More people are expected to travel on planes in the coming years, and aviation lacks cleaner alternatives such as electric power that are rapidly becoming widely available for cars and trucks.
List of Important India’s Target Year
- 2022 – Trans Fat Free status.
- 2021-22 – Indian Railways planned 1000-Megawatt Solar Power.
- 2022 – Indian renewable energy 175 GW installation.
- 2030 – India plans 500 GW renewable energy
- 2022 – Doubling Farmers income.
- 2022 – Doubling tiger population.
- 2023 – Indian Railways electrify Broad Gauge routes.
- 2023-24 – India produce one billion tonnes of coal.
- 2024 – Renewable energy to replace diesel in agriculture
- 2024 – India aims to reduce road accidents by 50%.
- 2024 – Indian railways 100% electrification.
- 2024 – Provide Clean Drinking Water to All Citizens.
- 2024 – Har Ghar Jal for rural households.
- 2025 – Achieve 20 percent ethanol blending in petrol.
- 2025 – Defence target of Rs 35,000 crores.
- 2025 – To Eliminate TB.
- 2025 – India’s vision of 5 trillion economy.
- 2025 – India set the target to create 220 new airports.
- 2026 – India unveils 5-year roadmap to becoming $300 bn Sustainable Electronics Manufacturing & Exports.
- 2030 – Indian railways Net Zero’ Carbon Emission.
- 2030 – India reduce the energy intensity by 33-35%.
About United Nations (UN)
- Founded – 24 October 1945
- Headquarters – New York, US
- Official languages – Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian & Spanish
- Membership – 193 member states & 2 observer states
- 1st Secretary General – Trygve Halvdan Lie ( Norway)
- 9th Secretary‑General – António Guterres (Portugal)
- Deputy Secretary-General – Amina J. Mohammed (Nigeria)
- United Nations Day is celebrated on October 24 every year.
Appointment and Resignation
Smriti Mandhana appointed as India ambassador for Gulf Oil
- Smriti Mandhana has been appointed as the new brand ambassador of Gulf Oil Lubricants.
- With this association, Gulf Oil became the first company in the lubricant space to appoint a woman cricketer as ambassador.
- She will join the ranks of current brand ambassadors Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Hardik Pandya.
- Through this association, Gulf Oil aims to celebrate women power and inspire female audience in the country while also honoring the achievements of Indian women cricketers.
- MD and CEO of Gulf Oil Lubricants – Ravi Chawla
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Rohit Sharma & his wife Ritika Sajdeh – Max Life Insurance
- Punyakoti Dattu Yojana (Karnataka)- Kiccha Sudeep
- Vaani Kapoor – Noise X-Fit 2 smartwatch
- Ravi Shastri – FanCode
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Garuda Aerospace
- Robin Uthappa – Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI)
- Shubman Gill & Ruturaj Gaikwad – My11Circle
- Rishabh Pant – Dish TV India
- Jhulan Goswami -All Women Match Official Team
- Rishabh Pant – Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador
- Jasprit Bumrah- Unix
- Ravindra Jadeja – Kinara Capital
- Smriti Mandhana – IIT Madras incubated startup, GUVI
- Saurav Ganguly – Century LED
- Rahul Dravid – PLAETO
Kishore Poludasu appointed as the MD & CEO of SBI General Insurance
- Kishore Kumar Poludasu has been appointed as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of SBI General Insurance Company.
- Prior to this, he was the Deputy Managing Director as the Country Head of State Bank of India Singapore Operations.
- He is a seasoned BFSI professional with over 3 decades of experience in commercial banking including large Corporate/Infrastructure Credit, International Banking operations, Enterprise Management, Mergers & Consolidation, etc.
About SBI General Insurance
- Founded – 2009
- Headquarters – Mumbai C
- MD & CEO – Kishore Kumar Poludasu
- SBI owns 70% of the total capital
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- MD & CEO of Yes Bank – Prashant Kumar
- MD & CEO of Aviva Life Insurance – Asit Rath
- MD & CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank – Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam
- Whole-time member of SEBI – Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
Alexander Van der Bellen re-elected as President of Austria
- Alexander Van der Bellen has been re-elected as the President of Austria for a second term.
- Van der Bellen had secured 56.3 percent of the nationwide vote.
- Van der Bellen, 78, stood as an independent candidate, but he was previously a prominent politician in Austria’s Green Party, on the ticket of which he was first elected in 2016.
- Capital- Vienna
- Currency- Euro
- President – Alexander Van der Bellen
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia – Mohammed bin Salman
- First woman Prime Minister of Italy- Giorgia Meloni
- President of Angola – Joao Lourenco (2nd term)
- PM of United Kingdom – Liz Truss
- Prime Minister of Serbia – Ana Brnabic
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minister of Israel – Yair Lapid
Ben Bernanke, Douglas Diamond, Philip Dybvig won Nobel Prize 2022 in Economics
- Ben S. Bernanke (USA), Douglas W. Diamond (USA), and Philip H. Dybvig (USA) have won the Nobel Prize 2022 in Economics for research on banks and financial crises.
- The three laureates have significantly improved our understanding of the role of banks in the economy, particularly during financial crises, and an important finding in their research is why avoiding bank collapses is vital.
- Modern banking research clarifies why we have banks, how to make them less vulnerable in crises and how bank collapses exacerbate financial crises. The foundations of this research were laid by Ben Bernanke, Douglas Diamond, and Philip Dybvig in the early 1980s.
- The 2021 Economic Nobel was given to David Card, Joshua D Angrist, Guido W Imbens. While one-half of the prize was given to David Card for his empirical contributions to labour economics, the other half was given jointly to Joshua D. Angrist and Guido W. Imbens for their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships.
Nobel Prize 2022
- Medicine Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Svante Pääbo (Sweden)
Experiment – for discovery around genomes of extinct hominins
- Physics Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Alain Aspect (France), John F. Clauser (USA), and Anton Zeilinger (Austria)
Experiment – for experiments with entangled photons establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science
- Chemistry Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Carolyn Bertozzi (USA), Morten Meldal (Denmark), K Barry Sharpless (USA)
Experiment – for the development of click chemistry and bio orthogonal chemistry
- Literature Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Annie Ernaux (France)
Purpose – For the courage and clinical acuity with which she uncovers the roots, estrangements and collective restraints of personal memory.
- Peace Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Ales Bialiatski (Belarus), Russian Human Rights Organization Memorial, Ukrainian Human Rights Organization Center for Civil Liberties
Ales Bialiatski – To promoting democracy and peaceful development.
Russian Human Rights Organization Memorial – It has compiled and systematized information on political oppression and human rights violations in Russia.
Ukrainian Human Rights Organization Center for Civil Liberties – To strengthen Ukrainian civil society and pressure the authorities to make Ukraine a full-fledged democracy.
- Economics Nobel Prize 2022
Winner – Ben S. Bernanke (USA), Douglas W. Diamond (USA), Philip H. Dybvig (USA)
Purpose – For research on banks and financial crises.
Nobel Prize Winners List from India
|Rabindranath Tagore||Literature||1913||West Bengal|
|C. V. Raman||Physics||1930||Tamil Nadu|
|Amartya Sen||Economics||1998||West Bengal|
|Kailash Satyarthi||Peace||2014||Madhya Pradesh|
|Har Gobind Khorana||Physiology or Medicine||1968||United States (born in British India)|
|Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar||Physics||1983||United States (born in British India)|
|Venki Ramakrishnan||Chemistry||2009||United Kingdom United States (born in India)|
|Abhijit Banerjee||Economics||2019||United States (born in India)|
|Ronald Ross||Physiology or Medicine||1902||United Kingdom (born in British India)|
|Rudyard Kipling||Literature||1907||United Kingdom (born in Bombay, British India)|
|14th Dalai Lama||Peace||1989||India (born in Tibet)|
Harmanpreet Singh & Felice Albers named FIH Player of the Year for 2021-22
- India men’s hockey team defender and vice-captain Harmanpreet Singh was named the FIH Player of the Year for 2021-22 in the men’s category for the second successive time.
- Netherlands’s Felice Albers was named the FIH Player of the Year for 2021-22 in the women’s category.
- He becomes the fourth player to win the Player of the Year award in the men’s category in consecutive years.
- He joined an elite list that includes Teun De Nooijer (Netherlands), Jamie Dwyer (Australia) and Arthur van Doren (Belgium).
36th National Games: Srihari Nataraj won gold medal in 100m freestyle swimming
- At the 36th National Games in Gujarat, Tokyo Olympian Srihari Nataraj won the men’s 100m freestyle swimming event to claim his sixth gold medal.
- Srihari Nataraj of Karnataka competed at the Sardar Patel Aquatics Complex in Rajkot and set a new National Games record with a time of 50.41 seconds to add to his collection of gold.
- This was Srihari Nataraj’s second gold in freestyle swimming events at the National Games 2022.
- Sajan Prakash, a fellow Olympian from Kerala who has five gold, two silver, and a bronze medal from this competition, came in seventh in the 100m freestyle event.
36th National Games: Sikha Chauhan won gold medal in women’s kayak event
- At the 36th National Games, Madhya Pradesh’s Sikha Chauhan has won the gold medal in the women’s kayak event.
- J&K’s Vilayat Hussain won a silver medal in Canoe Slalom Men’s Kayak event.
- Services continue to dominate the medals tally by grabbing 113 medals, including 51 gold.
- The services won gold in Wushu, Triathlon and Canoeing and Kayaking.
Pankaj Advani won gold at IBSF World Billiards Championship in Kuala Lumpur
- Pankaj Advani has won his 25th gold medal after winning the 2022 IBSF World Billiards Championship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- He has defeated Sourav Kothari by 4-0 to defend the title for the fifth time in a row.
- He had won his last world title in Qatar 6Reds World Cup 2021, where he won the IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup.
- Pankaj Advani has been awarded Arjuna Award (2004), Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna (2006), Padma Shri (2009) and Padma Bhushan (2018).
Novak Djokovic clinched 90th ATP title in Astana Open, Kazakhstan
- 21-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic from Serbia has clinched his 90th ATP title after defeating Greek’s Stefanos Tsitsipas by 6-3, 6-4 in the final of Astana Open in Kazakhstan.
- It was his fourth title of the year.
- He joined Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer in the list of players in Open Era with 90 or more ATP titles.
- In men’s doubles, Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic have captured their fifth tour-level title of the season and beat Adrian Mannarino and Fabrice Martin.
Harmanpreet Kaur & Mohammed Rizwan won ICC Player of the Month for September 2022
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the winners of the ICC Player of the Month awards for September 2022.
- Pakistan’s Mohammad Rizwan has won the ICC Men’s Player of the Month award for September 2022.
- While India’s inspirational captain Harmanpreet Kaur won the ICC Women’s Player of the Month award for September 2022.
- The Pakistan star amassed a mammoth 553 runs from ten T20Is, covering performances in the Men’s Asia Cup and the subsequent home T20I series against a touring England side.
- Harmanpreet Kaur becomes India’s first winner of the ICC Women’s Player of the Month thanks to her leading role in her team’s first ODI series victory in England since 1999.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month 2022
- January 2022- Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022- Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022 -Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022 -Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022 -Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July – Prabath Jasasurya (Sri Lanka)
- August – Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)
ICC Women’s Player of the Month 2022
- January 2022- Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022- Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022- Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022 -Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022 -Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022 – Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July – Emma lamb (England)
- August – Tahlia McGrath (Australia)
10 October – World Mental Health Day
- World Mental Health Day is observed every year on 10 October.
- Objective – To create awareness about mental health issues across the globe and to inspire the global citizenry to support the cause of mental health.
- Theme 2022- Make mental health & well-being for all a global priority
- World Health Organization (WHO) mentions that before the COVID-19 pandemic, about one in eight people worldwide suffered from mental issues. Proper infrastructural and economic support for mental health, however, was lacking.
- As per WHO, more than 700 000 people commit suicides each year due to stress or depression.
- The then World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) Deputy Secretary General, Richard Hunter had initiated the first celebration of World Mental Health Day on October 10, 1992.
- WFMH is a non-governmental organization founded in 1948.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here