Daily GK Update 12th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 6 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Banking & Financial
Ghaziabad issues India’s first municipal green bonds
- Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam (GNN) on 9th Arpil announced successfully raising and listing India’s first Green Municipal bond issue. GNN raised ₹150 crore at a cost of 8.1 per cent.
- Money will be used clean up dirty water by setting up a tertiary water treatment plant and supply piped water through water-meters to places like Sahibabad.
- Ghaziabad is debt-free and has maintained a revenue surplus position in the last few years, according to India Ratings.
Bharti AXA Life and Fincare SFB join hands for bancassurance partnership
- Bharti Axa Life and Fincare Small Finance Bank have joined hands for a bancassurance partnership under which the bank will sell insurance policies to its customers.
- Under the partnership, Bharti AXA Life Insurance will offer its comprehensive suite of life insurance products, including protection, savings and investment plans, to the customers of Fincare Small Finance Bank across its 747 branches and digital network presence across the country.
Nomura revises India’s FY22 growth to 12.6% from 13.5%
- Global brokerage Nomura lowered its growth expectations for India to 12.6% in the new fiscal year from 13.5% earlier.
- The revision reflected the pandemic drag on the economy and marginally lower retail inflation.In a previous report at the beginning of the month, Nomura had warned that the economy’s growth could fall to 12.2% if the second wave of Covid-19 worsened.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
Airtel Payments Bank announces ‘Rewards123’ savings account
- Airtel Payments Bank launched its new ‘Rewards123’ savings account, which provides customers with perks and rewards. The Rewards123 Savings Account is built specifically that allows you to get access to a variety of perks when you save and transact digitally.
- Airtel Payments Bank says that its Rewards123 savings bank account will give multiple benefits to users with annual earnings of up to ₹960.
- The company claims that its newly introduced saving account is designed to offer consistent value, with assured rewards on different types of digital transactions throughout the year.
Poonam Gupta to head NCAER as its first woman director general
- Poonam Gupta will be new director general of the policy think tank National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER).
- Poonam Gupta, the first woman director general of NCAER, will succeed Shekhar Shah who has led NCAER since 2011 and will complete his second five year term in early May. Gupta is currently working as a lead economist at the World Bank, Washington DC.
Note: About NCAER
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1956
Punjab appoints Sonu Sood as state’s covid vaccination ambassador
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood has been made the brand ambassador for Punjab’s anti-coronavirus vaccination programme. During the coronavirus-induced lockdown last year, the actor had helped migrants reach their home states.
- Sood catapulted to the national spotlight for feeding thousands of underprivileged people amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- ‘Fit India’ Movement’: Kuldeep Handoo
- Levi’s – Deepika Padukone
- United Nations goodwill ambassador (UNFPA)- Russian supermodel and philanthropist Natalia Vodianova
- NeoGrowth: Ajinkya Rahane
- Digit Insurance: Virat Kohli
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
BAFTA Awards 2021: Complete winners list
- The 74th edition of British Academy Film Awards, often shortened to BAFTA or Bafta, are being held virtually in London’s Royal Albert Hall. The awards, the British equivalent of the Oscars, honour the best in national and international cinema.
- Indian actor Adarsh Gourav, who has been nominated in the Best Actor category for his performance in Netflix’s The White Tiger. READ More….
Lilavati Awards 2020
The Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank recently presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards, 2020 in New Delhi. The awards were presented based on the theme “Women Empowerment”. The winners were selected by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) in six sub themes.
- SWEAT (Sona Women Entrepreneurship and Training) from Sona College of Technology, Tamil Nadu won the award under the ‘Women Entrepreneurship’ sub theme.
- Another college from Tamil Nadu, Paritrana from St. Joseph’s College of Engineering won the award for the ‘Self Defense’ sub theme.
- Under the ‘Literacy’ sub theme, Bharatiya Vidyapeeth of Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development Pune won the award.
- The Lilavati Award under “Women’s Health” sub theme was won by WIT Women Health Coalition from Walchand Institute of Technology, Maharashtra.
- Radiant Seetha from Thiagarajar Polytechnic College won the contest in the ‘Legal Awareness’ sub theme.
Indian Business Tycoon Yusuffali MA Gets Top Civilian Award In UAE
- Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has honoured Indian-origin businessman Yusuffali MA and 11 other individuals with Abu Dhabi’s top civilian award for their noble and charitable contributions to the community.
- The prestigious award was given to Mr Yusuffali, who was born in Kerala, for his outstanding contribution to Abu Dhabi’s business, industry and support to various philanthropic initiatives.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Guneet Monga conferred with Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters honour
- Acclaimed filmmaker, Guneet Monga to be conferred with honour of the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters (Chevalier dans I’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres).
- It is the second-highest civilian French honour and has earlier been awarded to big Hollywood names like Meryl Streep, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Bruce Willis.
Legendary shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty Passed away
- Legendary shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty passed away on 10th Arpil in Mumbai due to Covid-19.
- The Dronacharya awardee had trained some of the finest Indian shooters including Abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang, Anjali Bhagwat and Suma Shirur, Deepali Deshpande, Anuja Jung and Ayonika Paul.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|