Current Affairs 12th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Gujarat topped NITI Aayog’s State Energy and Climate Index Round 1
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr. Rajiv Kumar and Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant released the State Energy and Climate Index, SECI- Round One.
- Gujarat has topped the NITI Aayog’s State Energy and Climate Index (SECI)-Round One, followed by Kerala and Punjab.
- The top three performers among smaller states are Goa, Tripura and Manipur. Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand were placed at the bottom.
- SECI-round 1 includes six parameters: discoms performance; access affordability and reliability of energy; clean energy initiatives; energy efficiency; environmental sustainability; and new initiatives.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
Ecuador became 1st country to give legal rights to wild animals
- Ecuador, a South American Country, became the first country in the world to give legal rights to wild animals.
- The highest court in the country has ruled in favour of the case that focused on a woolly monkey who was taken from her home to a zoo, where she passed just a week later.
- Estrellita was just a month old when she was taken away from the wild so that she could become a pet for librarian Ana Beatriz Burbano Proaño. Proaño took care of Estrellita for 18 years, however, was seized by authorities in 2019, as owning wild animals is illegal in the South American country. After being relocated to a zoo, the monkey sadly died. Following the tragic incident, the owner Ana Beatriz Burbano Proañ filed a habeas corpus asking the court to rule that the monkey’s rights were violated.
- The court decided to rule in favour of Estrellita and said that her rights had been violated by the government. However, they added that the animal’s rights were also violated by the owner when she removed her from her natural habitat at a young age. The Court has finally stated that animals are subject to rights protected by rights of nature.
- Capital: Quito
- Currency: United States Dollar
- President: Guillermo Lasso
Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan’s 23rd Prime Minister
- Pakistan’s opposition leader, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif has been elected unopposed as the 23rd Prime Minister of the country through voting in the National Assembly.
- The 70-year-old Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) chief will succeed Imran Khan, who has been removed by a no-trust vote recently in the National Assembly. Shehbaz Sharif is the brother of former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
- Sharif has secured 174 votes and has been declared as prime minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. In the House of 342, the winning candidate should get the support of at least 172 lawmakers.
- Capital: Islamabad
- Currency: Pakistani rupee
- President: Arif Alvi
Banking and Financial
India’s gold imports increased by 33.34% to ₹46.14 billion in 2021-22
- According to the official data, the import of gold in India has been rose by 33.34% to ₹46.14 billion on account of higher demand in 2021-22.
- The import of gold in 2020-21 was about ₹34.62 billion. The increase in gold imports has contributed to the widening of the trade deficit to $192.41 billion, against $102.62 billion in 2020-21.
- India is the world’s second-biggest gold consumer after China. The imports are largely driven by the jewellery industry. The export of gems and jewellery grew by about 50% to about $39 billion during 2021-22.
Bank of Maharashtra will divest 4% Stake in India SME Asset Reconstruction Company
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has announced that it will divest its entire stake of 4% in India SME Asset Reconstruction Company (ISARC) for a cash consideration of Rs 3.92 crore.
- The agreement was executed on 6th April 2022. The transaction is expected to close by December 2022-end. A floor price of Rs 9.80 per equity share has been proposed for the divestment.
- The bank holds 40 lakh equity shares or 4% at a face value of Rs 10 each in ISARC. ISARC is India’s first Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC), supported by a number of public sector banks and undertakings, focussed on NPA resolution of the MSME sector.
About Bank of Maharashtra (BoM):
- Founded:16th September 1935
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: A S Rajeev
- Tagline: Ek Parivaar, Ek Bank (One Family One Bank)
Appointment and Resignation
Manoj Soni appointed as new chairman of UPSC
- Dr Manoj Soni, currently a Member of the UPSC, has been appointed the chairman of the country’s premier government recruiting agency Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- He has been associated with the Swaminarayan sect’s Anoopam Mission, at Mogri in Anand district, since a young age and received diksha (initiation) as a nishkarma karmayogi (selfless worker) on Jan 10, 2020.
- Dr Soni has been appointed to replace the previous UPSC chairman Pradip Kumar Joshi. Prior to this assignment, Soni has also served as the vice-chancellor of two universities and has earned several national and international awards and recognitions.
About Union Public Service Commission (UPSC):
- Founded: 1 October 1926
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Manoj Soni
Harsh Vardhan Shringla to be India’s G20 chief coordinator
- Foreign secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla will take over next month as G20 chief coordinator, the government officially announced.
- The appointment is significant as India will assume the G20 presidency on December 1, 2022 from Indonesia, and will convene the G20 Leaders Summit for the first time in India in 2023.
- Shringla will retire on 30th April 2022, handing over charge to foreign secretary-designate V M Kwatra, who is currently India’s ambassador to Nepal. The G20 sherpa will remain to be Piyush Goyal, the Indian Commerce Minister.
- On the day Kwatra’s appointment was announced, official sources had said that Shringla was likely to join as chief G20 coordinator. Shringla has been serving as foreign secretary since January 2020. An IFS officer of 1984 batch, he has also served as ambassador in the US, Thailand, and Bangladesh.
- G20 Bali Summit 2022 is the 17th meeting of G20 Heads of State and Government Summit which is scheduled to take place in Bali, Indonesia from November 15-16, 2022 under the Presidency of Indonesia with the overall theme of “Recover Together Recover Stronger”.
About Group of Twenty (G20):
- Established: 1999
- Members: 20 (19 countries + European Union)
- Chairman: Joko Widodo, President of Indonesia
Veteran Bengali writer Amar Mitra won O. Henry Award
- Veteran Bengali author Amar Mitra was awarded this year’s Henry prize for a short story he wrote in 1977. He bagged the award for his short story titled ‘Gaonburo’- a Bengali short fiction, which was translated into English (The Old Man Of Kusumpur) earlier.
- The translated work was published in an American magazine in 2020. Mitra was awarded the Sahitya Academy award in 2006.
- Mitra was born in Kolkata and is a well-known writer of Bengali literature. He spent some of his childhood in the districts of Bengal where he came across the Adivasi culture and their struggle.
PM Narendra Modi to be honoured with 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be honoured with the inaugural Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award which is instituted in the memory of the veteran singer of Lata Mangeskar.
- The award ceremony will be held on April 24 which marks the 80th death anniversary of Master Deenanath Mangeshkar (singing legend’s father).
- Among the other awardees will be singer Rahul Despande, who will receive the Master Deenanath Award besides three other special awardees including veteran actress Asha Parekh, actor Jackie Shroff and the Mumbai Dabbawalas, represented by Nutan Tiffin Suppliers.
HAL signed contract with Nigerian Army for Phase II training on Chetak Helicopter
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has signed a contract with the Nigerian Army for the second phase of flying training on Chetak Helicopter for six officers.
- 70 hours of flying training will be imparted for each Nigerian Army Aviation Officer under the phase-II flying training on Chetak Helicopter which will be completed by December 2022.
- This marks the continuation of the phase-I flying training to six Nigerian Army Aviation officers.
About Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL):
- Founded: 1940
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- CMD: R Madhavan
India successfully flight-tested Anti-Tank Guided Missile Helina in Pokhran
- India has successfully flight-tested Helina, an anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
- HELINA (Helicopter-based NAG) is a third-generation ‘fire and forget’ class that is developed by the Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL), Hyderabad under the Missiles and Strategic Systems (MSS) cluster of the DRDO.
- The flight test was conducted by DRDO, the Army, and the Air Force. The missile was launched from an indigenously developed Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) at a high-altitude range.
- Helina has a maximum range of seven kilometers and has been designed and developed for integration on weaponized version of the ALH.
1st Khelo India National Ranking Women Archery Tournament held in Jamshedpur
- The first Khelo India National Ranking Women Archery will be held in Tata Archery Academy, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand on April 12 and 13.
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has approved Rs 75 Lakh to host the Khelo India National Ranking Women Archery Tournament over six phases.
- The tournament will be conducted as per the World Archery Rules, held in the senior, Junior, and Cadet Categories across the Recurve and Compound events.
- The Archery Association of India (AAI), in collaboration with the Jharkhand Archery Association and TATA Steel, is organizing the tournament.
Babar Azam, Rachael Haynes declared ICC Players of the Month for March 2022
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced that the Pakistan skipper Babar Azam and Australia’s Rachael Haynes were named the ICC Men’s and Women’s Players of the Month for March 2022.
- Babar Azam has showcased stunning form during Pakistan’s concluded multi-format home series against Australia; he scored 390 runs in the three-match Test series.
- Rachael scored 429 runs in eight games with an average of 61.28.
ICC men’s & women’s player of the month 2022
- January: Keegan Petersen (SA), Heather Knight (ENG)
- February: Shreyas Iyer (IND), Amelia Kerr (NZ)
- March: Babar Azam (PAK), Rachael Haynes (AUS)
12 April: International Day of Human Space Flight
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is celebrated each year on April 12. The United Nations General Assembly in its resolution on April 7, 2011, designated April 12 as the International Day of Human Space Flight.
- The day is dedicated to the outset of the space era for mankind, the contribution of space science and technology and ensuring the realisation of the conservation of outer space for peaceful purposes.
- On April 12, 1961, the Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human to journey into outer space.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs