Current Affairs 12th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Alikhan Smailov appointed as Kazakhstan’s new Prime Minister
- Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev nominated Alikhan Smailov as the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan and the lower house of parliament also voted in favour of him during a session that broadcasted live on state television.
- Alikhan Smailov was appointed as the acting Prime Minister on 5 January 2022 following the resignation of the Askar Mamin Cabinet during the ongoing violent 2022 Kazakh protests.
- Alikhan Smailov has served as First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2019.
- Capital: Nur-Sultan
- Currency: Tenge
- President: Kassym – Jomart Tokayev
Henley Passport Index 2022: India ranked 83rd; Japan & Singapore topped
- Henley Passport Index 2022 was recently released recently. As per the Index, in first quarter of 2022, India has improved its passport power. India has climbed seven places up and has been ranked at 83rd position.
- In 2021, it was ranked at 90th position. Now, India has access to 60 countries without a prior visa.
- Japan and Singapore have been ranked 1st, with passport holders have accessibility of 192 destinations visa-free. Afghanistan has been listed at the bottom of this index.
- It is prepared on the basis of exclusive data provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
Henley Passport Index 2022 rankings:
- Rank 1: Japan, Singapore
- Rank 2: Germany, South Korea
- Rank 3: Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain
- Rank 4: Austria, Denmark, France, Netherlands and Sweden
- Rank 5: Ireland, Portugal
- Rank 6: Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, UK and US
- Rank 104: North Korea
- Rank 105: Nepal and Palestinian
- Rank 106: Somalia
- Rank 107: Yemen
- Rank 108: Pakistan
- Rank 109: Syria
- Rank 110: Iraq
- Rank 111:Afghanistan
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021-22:
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd; US topped
- “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: 3rd; Russia topped
Banking and Financial
GoI will hold 35.8% stakes of Vodafone Idea in the form of equity
- Govt of India is set to become the largest shareholder in Vodafone Idea. The company’s board approved the conversion of Rs 16,000 crores in interest into equity.
- India’s third-largest network Vi or Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL) has approved the interest on the spectrum and Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) dues into government equity.
- VIL accepted a four-year moratorium as well as accepted the equity conversion, which means the Indian government will own almost 35.8% of VIL’s stake followed by Vodafone Group which owns 28.5% and 17.8% by Aditya Birla Group.
World Bank Projected Indian Economy to grow at 8.3% in FY22 in its ‘Global Economic Prospects’ Report
- World bank’s Global Economic Prospects’ Report notes that, Global economic growth will decrease sharply to 4.1% in 2022 and 3.2% in 2023, from 5.5% in 2021.
- It projected India’s annual growth to be 8.3% in the fiscal year 2021-2022, 8.7% in 2022-23, while 6.8% in 2023-24.
- As per advance estimates from statistics office, India’s economy is likely to grow by 9.2% in the financial year 2021-22.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- ICRA-9% in FY22 and FY23
- Fitch Ratings-8.4%
Axis Bank issued 1st letter of credit on Govt-backed Platform Secured Logistics Document Exchange
- Axis Bank issued industry’s 1st letter of credit (LC) on the Secured Logistics Document Exchange (SLDE), a government-backed blockchain-enabled platform.
- The deal, which was executed digitally on the SLDE platform, involved ArcelorMittal Nippon and Lalit Pipes & Pipes Limited (LPPL) (Axis bank’s client). The bank released an LC on behalf of LPPL.
- SLDE was launched by the commerce ministry in July 2021 to replace the manual process of generation, exchange and compliance of logistics documents (which takes around 2 weeks of time) with a digitised and secure document exchange system.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Appointment and Resignation
Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas appointed as Chief Economist of IMF
- French-born economist Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas has been named as the next chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- He will succeed Gita Gopinath, first woman to serve as the Fund’s chief economist. Gita Gopinath will take over as 1st deputy managing director of IMF from January 21 2022.
- He will initially join the IMF on a part-time basis from Jan 24, 2022 and will take up on role on a full-time basis from April 1, 2022.
About International Monetary Fund (IMF):
- Formation: 27 December 1945
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Member Countries: 190
- MD: Kristalina Georgieva
RajKummar Rao appointed as brand ambassador of RenewBuy
- RenewBuy, an online insurance platform, has appointed RajKummar Rao as the brand ambassador for its 1st 360-degree consumer advertisement campaign that highlights consumer’s insurance needs.
- The campaign was designed and conceptualised by Havas Worldwide India. “Smart Tech, Right Advice” is the theme of the campaign.
- This program aims to increase the spread of insurance policies digitally for the consumers from any part of the country.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul Dravid
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
- Uttarakhand State Brand Ambassador: Rishabh Pant
- EaseMyTrip: Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma
- Brand Endorser of Bank of Baroda: Shafali Verma
- Ambassador of All Women Match Official Team of Legends League Cricket (LLC): Jhulan Goswami
Harshaali Malhotra awarded Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022
- Actress Harshaali Malhotra has been awarded the 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022 for her performance in the 2015 film Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- She received the award from the Governor of Maharashtra Bhagat Singh Koshyari. She played the role of Munni, who was mute young girl from Pakistan in Salman Khan starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- The Government of Maharashtra organized Bharat Ranta Dr Ambedkar national Awards 2022 ceremony in the memory of Dr Ambedkar. It was first awarded in
DRDO successfully test-fired naval variant of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from INS Visakhapatnam
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired an extended range sea-to-sea variant of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from INS Visakhapatnam, a stealth guided-missile destroyer of the Indian Navy.
- BrahMos Aerospace, an India-Russian joint venture, produces supersonic cruise missiles that can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or land platforms.
- The missile can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or land platforms. BrahMos missile flies at a speed of 2.8 Mach or almost three times the speed of sound.
Recent Tests by DRDO:
- Indigenously developed helicopter-launched stand-off anti-tank (SANT) missile
- Extended Range Pinaka rocket system (Pinaka-ER)
- Area Denial Munitions (ADM) and indigenously developed fuzes
- Air version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Sukhoi 30 MK-I aircraft
- Indigenously-developed Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)
- Indigenously-designed Abhyas – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT)
Ajaz Patel declared ICC Player of the Month for December 2021
- India-born New Zealand cricketer Ajaz Patel has won the ICC Player of the Month award for December following his stupendous 10-wicket haul against Virat Kohli and Co. in the second Test in Mumbai.
- Ajaz picked up 14 wickets in the Mumbai Test match in early December against India, including all 10 in the first innings, to become only the third player in Test history, after Jim Laker and Anil Kumble, to achieve the remarkable milestone.
ICC men’s & women’s player of the month 2021
- Jan: Rishabh Pant (Ind), Shabnim ismail (SA)
- Feb: Ashwin (Ind), Tammy Beaumont (Eng)
- Mar: Bhuvneswar Kumar (Ind), Lizelle Lee (SA)
- Apr: Babar Azam (Pak), Alyssa Healy (Aus)
- May: Mushfiqur Rahim (Ban), Kathryn Bryce (Scotland)
- June: Devon Conway (NZ), Sophie Ecclestone (Eng)
- July: Shakib Al Hasan (Ban), Stafanie Taylor (WI)
- August: Joe Root (Eng), Eimear Richardson (Ireland)
- Sep: Sandeep Lamichhane (Nepal), Heather Knight (England)
- Oct: Asif Ali (Pak), Laura Delany (Ireland)
- Nov: David Warner (Australia) and Hayley Matthews (West Indies)
Karnataka will host Khelo India Games in 2023
- Karnataka Minister for Youth Empowerment and Sports, K.C. Narayana Gowda announced that Karnataka will host the next Khelo India Games in 2023.
- He also announced that over 75 sports students are being trained in the State to take part in the next Olympics.
- Khelo India Games for 2021 is scheduled to be held in February 2022 at Panchkula, Haryana.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
Book and Author
Autobiography of Arundhati Bhattacharya “Indomitable: A Working Woman’s Notes on Life, Work and Leadership” released
- HarperCollins is set to publish “Indomitable: A Working Woman’s Notes on Life, Work and Leadership” the autobiography of Arundhati Bhattacharya, retired Indian banker and former first-ever woman Chairperson of the State Bank of India.
- Indomitable features the story of Arundhati Bhattacharya’s life as a banker and the difficulties she faced in the male-dominated sector.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya is the chairperson and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of salesforce India, a cloud-based Software as a service (SaaS) company headquartered in San Francisco, California, United States of America.
12 January: National Youth Day
- National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January every year in India to celebrate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- In 1985, the Government of India declared Swami Vivekananda’s birthday on January 12 as National Youth Day in honour of the great philosopher and monk.
- In 2022, our nation is observing the 159thbirth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand (12 January 1863)
- Theme 2022: “It’s all in the mind.”
President of European Parliament David Sassoli passed away
- President of the European Parliament David Sassoli, has passed away in Aviano, Italy.
- He was a member of the centre-left Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats. He has worked as a journalist and television anchor for around 3 decades.
- He became a member of the European Parliament in 2009 and later became the speaker in 2019.
About European Union:
- Founded: 1 November 1993, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Headquarters: Brussels
- President of the Commission: Ursula von der Leyen
- President of the European Council: Charles Michel
Renowned Kannada writer Professor Chandrashekhar Patil passed away
- Renowned Kannada writer and activist Professor Chandrashekhar Patil passed away in Bengaluru due to age related illness.
- He is popularly known as He was one of the prominent ‘Bandaya sahithi’ in Kannada literary school of thought and was an important voice in public discourse of Karnataka for over half a century.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs