Current Affairs 12th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
NTPC to supply renewable sources to armed forces
- NTPC Ltd has entered into an agreement to supply Renewable Energy Power to the armed forces (Military Engineering Services).
- This is the first-ever agreement by the Indian armed forces for getting power supply from renewable energy sources.
- This agreement will help towards the gradual decarbonization of the armed forces.
About NTPC Ltd
- Founded- 1975
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Chairman – Gurdeep Singh
Chhattisgarh CM inaugurated 2 more districts, takes total to 33
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has inaugurated Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur and Sakti as the 32nd and 33rd districts of the state.
- Sakti is carved out from Janjgir-Champa while Manendragarh-Chirmiri-Bharatpur has been demarcated from Koriya district.
- Baghel also inaugurated three new districts in the first week of September 2022.
- He also performed ground-breaking of 309 development works worth Rs 153 crore.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Uttar Pradesh government to provide a unique farm ID to the farmers
- Uttar Pradesh govt will provide a unique farm ID similar to Aadhaar number to the farmers of the state.
- It will be linked with Aadhaar to provide them benefits of all govt schemes. Aadhar verification will be used to implement this scheme in the coming days.
- Apart from this, UP Govt will also start providing ‘Family ID’ to those families who are not getting any kind of benefits from the government schemes till now.
- UP Government has given the benefit of the government schemes to the maximum number of people.
- The government has saved around 8400 crore rupees with the use of Aadhar verification. Around one crore 92 lakh school children are also getting the benefit of various schemes with the help of Aadhar card verification.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Railway invited private players to build wheel plant
- Indian railways for the first time has floated a tender to invite private players to build a high-speed wheel plant under the Make in India initiative.
- Under this initiative, Railway will procure 80,000 wheels per year with a total cost of 600 crore rupees & manufacturing will take place in the country only.
- The plant has to be set up within 18 months.
- Indian Railways needs two lakh wheels per year. According to the plan, while the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) will provide one lakh wheels, the rest will be provided by a new ‘Make in India’ plant.
- Currently, Railways imports the bulk of its wheels from countries like Ukraine & Germany.
Meghalaya launched Residents Safety and Security Act portal
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma has launched the online portal of the Meghalaya Residents Safety and Security Act (MRSSA).
- It will ensure the safety and security of the residents, gather intelligence inputs, and make the process of delivery of numerous government services better.
- The digitization process would connect more than 6,000 villages and localities across Meghalaya to the online system.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – Satya Pal Malik
MeitY approved Rs 500 cr electronics manufacturing cluster in Pune
- The government has sanctioned an electronics manufacturing cluster (EMC) in Pune at an investment of Rs 500 cr.
- The EMC will come up in Ranjangaon Phase-III, will be set up over an area of 297 acres.
- The proposal, approved by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is expected to attract investments of up to Rs 2,000 crore.
- The proposal has been approved by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The Central government assistance for the project will be around Rs 208 crore.
Indian Air Force organized seminar on financial awareness
- To educate and familiarise air force personnel about financial planning, the Indian Air Force had organized a seminar.
- The seminar titled ‘Financial Prudence and Awareness for Air Warriors’ was organized by IAF in collaboration with RBI at Air Force Auditorium, New Delhi.
- The seminar sought to empower the air warriors in a manner so as to enable them to take sound and informed financial decisions in their personal.
- Officials from the Reserve Bank of India conducted talks on diverse topics ranging from financial awareness, bank frauds, and the role of ombudsmen, among others.
- Approximately 400 Air Warriors across all ranks attended the seminar.
Railways to introduce new avatar of high-speed train Vande Bharat 2
- The Indian Railways has announced an all-new avatar of Vande Bharat high-speed train with much advanced features that will be launched soon. Vande Bharat 2 will give the best and upgraded facilities to passengers.
- Vande Bharat 2 will be equipped with more advancement and improved features like 0 to 100 Kmpl speed in just 52 seconds, maximum speed up to 180 Kmph, a less weight of 392 ton instead of 430 ton, and WI-FI content on demand.
- New Vande Bharat will also have 32-inch LCD TVs which was of 24 inch in the earlier version. 15 percent more energy efficient ACs with dust-free clean air cooling of traction motor will make travel more comfortable.
- In the new design, a photo-catalytic ultraviolet air purification system has also been installed.
- The Railways has set a target of manufacturing 75 such trains by August 2023.
National Maritime Heritage Complex to be built at Lothal
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways is building the National Maritime Heritage Complex at the historic Indus Valley civilization region of Lothal in Gujarat with a total cost of 3500 crores rupees.
- A first-of-its-kind complex in the country, this centre will showcase India’s rich and diverse maritime heritage. The foundation stone for this project was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The commissioning of Phase 1A of this project is targeted to be completed by March 2024.
- The foundation stone for the NMHC project was laid by PM Modi and the consent for the master plan was given in March 2019
Banking and Financial
HDFC Bank signed an MoU with Institute of Economic Growth to conduct independent research
- HDFC Bank has signed an MoU with the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) to fund a chair to carry out independent research.
- It would be known as the HDFC Bank Chair of Banking and Finance and would be housed at the IEG campus, New Delhi.
- It will support IEG for this chair for over five years with funding support of Rs 6.75 crore.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline – We understand your world
- IDFC First Bank partnered with ONDC on buy and sell side application
- HDFC ERGO to build online insurance platform on Google Cloud
- Mahindra Finance partnered with CRIF Solutions for quicker loan approvals
- Universal Sompo partnered with Repco Home Finance to insure loans
- HDFC Bank partnered with Tata Neu to launch two new credit cards
Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskar presented to Tanikella Bharani
- Telugu actor Tanikella Bharani has conferred with the annual Sahitya Puraskar of the Lok Nayak Foundation.
- Mizoram Governor Hari Babu Kambhampati presented the award to Bharani in Visakhapatnam.
- The award is given annually to a person credited with service for the cause of Telugu literature.
- The Lok Nayak Foundation has been giving this annual award for the past 18 years. The award is popularly referred to as ‘Andhra Jnanpith’. It carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- The award is presented on the 18th of January annually to mark the death anniversaries of former Chief Minister NT Rama Rao and writer Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- International Tourism award 2023 – West Bengal (for best destination for culture)
- Emmy award for his narration in Netflix documentary – Barack Obama (Our Great National Parks)
- Liberty Medal 2022 – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- Pulitzer Prize 2022 in Illustrated Reporting – Fahmida Azim (Bangladesh)
- Miss India USA 2022 – Indian Origin Aarya Walvekar (Virginia)
Sikkim to host Ranji Trophy matches for the first time
- Sikkim will host Ranji trophy matches for the first time in December 2022.
- The state will welcome three northeast teams – Mizoram, Manipur, and Arunachal Pradesh, at the Mining Cricket Ground near Rangpo.
- Along with Ranji Trophy matches, Sikkim will also play two Cooch Behar Trophy matches, and three Col CK Nayudu Trophy matches at the same cricket ground.
- Capital – Gangtok
- Chief Minister – Prem Singh Tamang
- Governor – Ganga Prasad
US Open 2022 Concluded
- In the men’s category – Spanish player Alcaraz Garcia has lifted his first Grand Slam trophy after defeating Norway’s Casper Ruud.
- Garcia has becomes the youngest player to reach world No. 1 at just 19 years old.
- In the women’s category – Poland tennis player Świątek has defeated Tunisia’s Ons Jabeur to win the 2022 US Open women’s singles final title.
- Winner – C. Alcaraz Garfia (Spain)
- Runner Up – C. Ruud (Norway)
- Winner – Iga Świątek (Poland)
- Runner Up – O. Jabeur (Tunisia)
- Winner – Ram & J. Salisbury
- Runner Up – Koolhof & N. Skupski
- Winner – Siniaková & B. Krejčíková
- Runner Up – C. McNally & T. Townsend
- Winner – S. Sanders & J. Peers
- Runner Up – K. Flipkens & É. Roger-Vasselin
Recent Grand slam
- Winner – Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Runner Up – D.Medvedev(Russia)
- Winner- Ashley Barty (Australia)
- Runner Up – D. Collins (US)
- Winner- Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Runner Up – Casper Rudd (Norway)
- Winner- Iga swaitsk (Poland)
- Runner Up – Coco Gauff (USA)
- Winner- D.Jokovic (Serbia)
- Runner Up – N.Kyrgios(Australian)
- Winner- E.Rybakina(Kazakhstan)
- Runner Up – O. Jabeur(Tunisia)
Max Verstappen won Italian F1 Grand Prix 2022
- Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen has won the Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc and Mercedes’ George Russell came at the 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
- It was Verstappen’s 11th win in 16 races in 2022.
- He has now won a total of 31 race.
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Hungarian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Dutch Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix Monaco 2022 -Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix. 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
Australia captain Aaron Finch retirement from ODI cricket
- Australia captain Aaron Finch retired from one-day international cricket.
- Finch who has represented Australia in the 145 ODIs has endured an awful run of form in 50-over cricket this year, scoring only 26 runs in his last seven innings.
- Despite the end of his ODI career, Finch will exit with an impressive record that includes over 5400 runs with 17 centuries under his name. He made his debut against Sri Lanka at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in 2013 and smashed his maiden hundred against Scotland, scoring 148 runs.
- Finch will continue to captain Australia’s Twenty20 side and will lead it during the T20 World Cup in October and November 2022 in Australia.
Recently retired cricketers
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
- Mohammad Hafeez – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Ross Taylor – International Cricket – New Zealand
- Tim Bresnam – All Form of Cricket – England
- Danushka Gunathilaka – Test Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Chris Morris – All Form of Cricket – South Africa
- Suranga Lakmal – International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Kieron Pollard – International Cricket – West Indies
- Hamish Bennett – All Form of Cricket – New Zealand
- Rahul Sharma – – International Cricket – India
- Mushfiqur Rahim – T20Is international – Bangladesh
Book and Author
Book titled “Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story” authored by Pavan C. Lall
- A senior journalist Pavan C Lall has authored a new book ‘Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story.
- The book has published by HarperCollins Publishers India
- The book is focused on how a business is built into a large organization on the foundations of values and sustainability.
- Pavan C. Lall is a Mumbai-based author and journalist who has written for Fortune magazine’s Indian edition.
- He is also a winner of the Citi Journalistic Excellence Award in 2016
- The Hero of Tiger Hill – Subedar Major Yogendra Yadav (Autobiography)
- India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi : A Brief History – Pulapre Balakrishnan
- New India: Selected Writings 2014-19 – Launched by Former VP M Venkaiah Naidu
- Bibi: My Story – Benjamin Netanyahu’s Autobiography
- Field Guide, Birds of India’ – published by ZSI
- Dilip Kumar: In the Shadow of a Legend – Faisal Farooqui
- Beyond The Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand’ book released – Aradhana Johri
- The McMahon line- A century of discord – former Chief of Army Staff General JJ Singh (Retd).
- The Winning Formula for Success – Vinit Karnik
- Fearless Governance – Dr Kiran Bedi
11 September – National Forest Martyrs Day
- National Forest Martyrs Day is observed every year on 11 September.
- The day is observed to pay tribute to the numerous activists who have laid down their lives to protect forests and wildlife across India.
- September 11 was chosen to be observed as the National Forest Martyrs Day as it was on this day in 1730, that the infamous Khejarli massacre took place. Maharaja Abhay Singh of Rajasthan gave an order to cut down the Khejarli trees in the forest.
11 September – Vinoba Bhave’s Birth Anniversary
- The birth anniversary of Acharya Vinoba Bhave was observed on 11 September 2022.
- He is regarded as the National Teacher of India & the spiritual successor of Mahatma Gandhi.
- He translated The Gita into Marathi and named it as Geetai. He refused to consume food for days by accepting Samadhi-Maran. Bhave left for his heavenly abode on November 15, 1982
- In 1940, he was selected as the ‘First Individual Satyagrahi’ against the British Raj by Gandhiji.
- Bhave is best known for starting the ‘Bhoodan’ (gift of land) movement in India in 1951.
Justice KN Singh passed away
- Former Chief Justice of India KN Singh, who remained CJI for the shortest period of 17 days back in 1991, has passed away.
- Justice KN Singh was appointed as the 22nd CJI on 25 November 1991 and he retired on 12 December 1991.
- Justice YV Chandrachud (16th CJI) had the longest tenure (7 Years, 4 Months & 20 days) as CJI till today.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here