Current Affairs 13th, 14th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Wangala festival celebrated in Meghalaya
- On 12th November 2021, Meghalaya state observed the ‘Wangala’, the festival of 100 Drums Festival.
- It is a post-harvest festival of the Garos tribe which is being held every year to honor ‘Saljong’, the Sun God of Garos, which also marks the end of the harvest season.
5 Popular Festivals of Meghalaya:
- Nongkrem Dance Festival
- Wangala Festival
- Behdeinkhlam Festival
- Shad Sukra
Maharashtra signed an MoU with RMI for technical support in EV Policy
- Maharashtra government signed an MoU with the United States based Non-Profit Organisation, Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), to provide technical support for Maharashtra’s Electric Vehicle (EV) policy.
- The MoU was signed at Glasgow, United Kingdom, at the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP26).
- Maharashtra state EV policy aims to have a 10 percent share of EV vehicles of total registrations in India by 2025.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
José Daniel Ortega appointed President of Nicaragua
- José Daniel Ortega Saavedra won his fourth consecutive presidential term in Nicaragua elections.
- Daniel Ortega won the election with 75% of the total votes polled. This will be his fourth consecutive five-year term, and overall, this is his 5th term as President.
- Capital: Managua
- Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
TVS Motor became 1st Indian 2-wheeler maker to join United Nations Global Compact
- TVS Motor Company, the flagship company of TVS Group, has joined the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), the world’s largest voluntary corporate sustainability initiative.
- TVS Motor has become the 1st Indian two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer to join the UNGC. TVS Motor will also engage in collaborative projects which will advance the development goals of the UN, particularly the Sustainable development goals (SDG).
About United Nations Global Compact (UNGC):
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Executive Director & CEO: Sanda Ojiambo
Banking and Financial
RBI projected Retail (CPI) inflation at 5.3% for 2021-22
- India’s retail inflation rate, measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), rose slightly in October to 4.48% year-on-year from 35% in September due to an uptick in food prices.
- The inflation was 61% in October last year. The RBI has projected the CPI inflation at 5.3 percent for 2021-22. According to MoSPI data, inflation in the food basket rose to 0.85 percent in October, compared to 0.68 percent in the preceding month.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
RBI’s customer-centric initiatives “RBI Retail Direct Scheme” and “RB-IOS” launched by PM Modi
- On November 12, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched 2 innovative customer-centric initiatives of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), i.e., RBI Retail Direct (RBI-RD) Scheme and the Reserve Bank – Integrated Ombudsman Scheme (RB-IOS).
About the RBI Retail Direct Scheme:
- It is aimed at enhancing access to the government securities market for retail investors. It offers them a new avenue for directly investing in securities issued by the Government of India and the state governments.
- Through this scheme, an individual can now directly buy T-bills, G-Secs from the market.
About the Reserve Bank- Integrated Ombudsman Scheme:
- It aims to improve the grievance redress mechanism for resolving customer complaints against entities regulated by RBI.
- The central theme of the scheme is based on ‘One Nation-One Ombudsman’with one portal, one email, and one address for the customers to lodge their complaints. There will be a single point of reference for customers to file their complaints, submit the documents, track status, and provide feedback.
BharatPe launched World’s 1st Merchant Shareholding Programme
- BharatPe launched the World’s 1st Merchant Shareholding Program (MSP) for its merchant partners.
- It is a $100 million worth program, under which the company offers its merchant customers an opportunity to buy BharatPe’s equity shares and become a partner. The company plans a public listing by 2024 and targets a public listing value of $1 billion.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- CEO: Ashneer Grover
NPCI Bharat BillPay tied up with ICICI prudential to provide ClickPay
- The NPCI Bharat BillPay subsidiary of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has tied up with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance to provide ClickPay facilities which offer easy payments.
- ClickPay enables customers to make renewal premium payments and also other utility bills, EMIs, etc. This is the first insurance company to provide hassle-free, two-step premium payment options for customers.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) Bharat BillPay:
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Nupur Chaturvedi
Appointment and Resignation
Bimal Patel elected to International Law Commission
- Professor Bimal Patel has been elected to the International Law Commission for a five-year term, in a hard-fought election at the United Nations.
- He will serve a five-year term starting January 1, 2023. Prof. Patel has served in various roles such as the Director at the Gujarat National Law University and member of the 21st Law Commission of India.
Lovlina Borgohain appointed Ambassador of ICICI Prudential’s new digital campaign
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance will launch its new digital campaign ‘Agar taiyaari sahi ho, toh jeet pakki hai’ (a victory is assured if you have the correct preparation), featuring Olympic medallist Lovlina Borgohain.
- The campaign talks about being prepared for challenges in life by setting up a microsite narrating the story of Lovlina winning a medal for India. The microsite allows the users to click augmented reality selfies with Lovlina Borgohain.
About ICICI Prudential Life Insurance:
- Established: 2000
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Narayanan Srinivasa Kannan
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Russian Film Festival in India: Imtiaz Ali
- Realme: KL Rahul
- Adidas’ Global Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone
- FloBiz Neobank’s myBillBook: Manoj Bajpayee
- Bandhan Bank in Assam: Zubeen Garg
- Amway India: Amitabh Bachchan
- My11Circle: Mohammed Siraj
- Goodwill Ambassador of UN- World Food Programme: Daniel Brühl
P.C. Mody appointed as secretary general of Rajya Sabha
- Former Central Board of Direct Taxes Chairman C. Mody was appointed the new secretary-general (SG) of Rajya Sabha.
- He replaced the incumbent SG, P.P.K. Ramacharyulu, who had been appointed a few months ago. Venkaiah Naidu. Naidu, the Rajya Sabha chairman is the appointing authority for the post of SG, signed the order of Mody’s appointment.
Women’s cricket will make its debut in Commonwealth Games 2022, Birmingham
- Women’s cricket is making its debut at the Commonwealth Games with the T20 format.
- The last time cricket was played in the multi-sporting showpiece was in the 1998 edition in Kuala Lumpur.
- India will face Australia in the opening match when women’s cricket makes its debut at the 2022 Commonwealth Games on July 29 while the final will be played on August 7.
- The women’s cricket T20 competition will be held at the Edgbaston Stadium from the 29 July, with the bronze and gold medal matches taking place on 7 August.
Book and Author
A book titled ‘Unshackling India’ authored by Ajay Chhibber & Salman Anees Soz
- A book titled “Unshackling India: Hard Truths and Clear Choices for Economic Revival” authored by Ajay Chhibber and Salman Anees Soz was published by ‘HarperCollins’.
- It examines the potential of India to become a completely developed economy in the next 25 years, ie; by 2047, during India’s 100th year of Independence.
Arabic Edition of ‘100 Great Indian Poems’ Edited by Indian Diplomat Abhay Kumar launched at SIBF 2021
- The Arabic edition of “100 Great Indian Poems”1st edited by Indian Poet-Diplomat Abhay Kumar was launched at the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) 2021, the world’s largest book fair held in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The SIBF 2021 that runs from 3rd to 13th November 2021 marks the 40th SIBF. SIBF 2021 was held under the theme ‘There’s always a right book’.
13 November: World Kindness Day
- Every year on November 13, the world celebrates World Kindness Day.
- This day is observed to recognise good activities in society that emphasise the positive force and common thread of compassion that links all humans together. In 1998, the World Kindness Movement, a collaboration of the nation’s kindness NGOs, unveiled it.
14 November: Children’s Day
- Children’s Day is also known as ‘Bal Diwas’. It is celebrated on November 14, 2021, to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The day is also recognized across the country to raise awareness about the rights, care, and education of children.
14 November: World Diabetes Day
- World Diabetes Day is celebrated every year on November 14 to mark the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting, who discovered the insulin hormone along with Charles Herbert Best in 1922.
- Theme 2021-23: “Access to Diabetes Care – If Not Now, When?”
8-14 November: International Week of Science and Peace 2021
- The United Nations’ International Week of Science and Peace is annually observed across the globe during the week in which November 11th falls. The International Week of Science and Peace 2021 is celebrated from 8th to 14th November 2021.
- The observance of the International Week of Science and Peace increases the contribution and cooperation in the application of science in promoting science and peace.
Prominent author Anand Shankar Pandya passed away
- Former Vice President of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), Anand Shankar Pandyahas passed away. He was over 99 years old.
- He was a prolific author and public intellectual who wrote extensively on history, public policy, and spirituality. He was active in the VHP and worked selflessly towards social service.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs