Current Affairs 13th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Himachal Pradesh govt set up General Category Commission (Samanya Varg Aayog)
- Himachal Pradesh govt announced setting up a Commission for upper castes, on the lines of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Commission, to be named as ‘Samanya Varg Aayog’, will be formalized through a legislative enactment in three months.
- A Scheduled Caste Commission is already in operation in Himachal Pradesh and is chaired by former Shimla MP Virendra Kashyap.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Karnataka & UNDP signed LoU as a part of ‘Code-Unnati’ to improve entrepreneurship & youth employment
- Department of Youth Empowerment & Sports, Government of Karnataka has signed a Letter of Understanding (LoU) with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a part of the State-level initiative ‘Code-Unnati’ to improve the access to entrepreneurship and employment opportunities among the youths, including women.
- The initiative involves United Nations Volunteers (UNV) and is supported by SAP India Lab’s CSR Strategies will be implemented in 4 districts of Bengaluru Rural, Ramanagara, Dakshina Kannada and Raichuru.
About United Nations Development Programme(UNDP):
- Founder: 1965
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Administrator: Achim Steiner
Uttar Pradesh holds the top spot in Total Registered EVs in India: Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
- During the Winter Session of the Parliament, Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, informed the Rajya Sabha on the state of Electric Vehicles (EV) in India.
- As per the data release, India has a total of 870,141 registered EVs, with Uttar Pradesh (UP) holding the top spot with 255,700 registered EVs. UP is followed by Delhi (125,347), Karnataka (72,544), Bihar (58,014) and Maharashtra (52,506) in successive positions.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Global Health Security Index 2021: India ranked 66th; USA topped
- As per the Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2021, the world’s average overall GHS Index score was reduced to 38.9 (out of 100) in 2021, from a score of 40.2 in the GHS Index, 2019.
- India ranked 66 out of 195 countries with an overall Index score of 42.8 and along with a change of -0.8 from 2019. The United States of America (USA) ranked 1st on the index with a score of 75.9 followed by Australia and Finland.
- GHS Index is developed in partnership with the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security at the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Overall ranking of GHS Index 2021:
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
India re-elected to International Maritime Organisation Council for 2022-2023
- India has been re-elected to International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Council for the 2022-2023 biennium under category B states.
- The Assembly of the International Maritime Organization has elected the Members of its Council for the 2022-2023 biennium. The Council is the executive organ of IMO and is responsible, under the Assembly, for supervising the work of the Organization.
Candidates for IMO Council:
- Category (a) 10 States with the largest interest in providing international shipping services: China, Greece, Italy, Japan, Norway, Panama, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and United States.
- Category (b) 10 State with the largest interest in international seaborne trade: India, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates.
UAE became the 1st Country to transition to 4 and half-day work week
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has announced to change its 5-day work-week to a 4 and a half-day starting from 1st January 2022 and became the first country to make the employee-friendly transition as part of its efforts to improve productivity and work-life balance.
- The government’s move is expected to make it come closer to the timings of the US, the UK, and Europe, boosting commerce. The Emirati govt of Dubai and Abu Dhabi have already announced the four-and-a-half day workweek.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Banking and Financial
IPPB and NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited collaborated for Doorstep Bill Payments Service
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) partnered with NPCI Bharat BillPay Limited (NBBL) to facilitate pan India doorstep bill payments service for IPPB and non-IPPB customers.
- NBBL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The platform enables customers to pay bills for various utilities and other recurring services.
About India Post Payments Bank (IPPB):
- Founded: 2018, under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- MD & CEO: J Venkatramu
- Tag line: Aapka Bank, Aapke Dwaar
India’s Harnaaz Sandhu named winner of Miss Universe 2021
- India won the Miss Universe crown after 21 years after 21-year-old Harnaaz Sandhu from Chandigarh was named the winner of the 70th Miss Universe event held in
- Paraguay’s Nadia Ferreira was named first runner-up and South Africa’s Lalela Mswane was the second runner-up.
- Previously, only two Indians have worn the crown – Sushmita Sen in 1994, and Lara Dutta in 2000.
ISRO inked an agreement with Oppo India to strengthen R&D of NavIC messaging service
- An agreement has been inked between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Chinese smart devices maker Oppo’s Indian arm to strengthen the Research and Development (R&D) of the NavIC messaging service, an Indian satellite navigation system.
- NavIC, an acronym for Navigation with Indian Constellation, aims to provide a user-friendly platform.
- As a part of pact, Oppo India will support ISRO with its R&D capabilities to provide a seamless experience to the users of the NavIC application.
- Oppo will use NavIC messaging service in its future mobile handset sold in India.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
World Chess Championship 2021: Magnus Carlsen won his 5th title
- Norway’s Magnus Carlsen, the defending Champion won his 5th World Chess Championship after defeating Russia’s Ian Nepomniachtchi in 2021’s World Chess Championship that was organized by FIDE (the International Chess Federation) at Dubai, UAE.
- Magnus Carlsen has previously won the Championship in 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2018. He has been holding the Championship since 2013 when he defeated India’s Viswanathan Anand in the 2013 Championship finals.
- Magnus Carlsen is also the FIDE World No.1 Chess player since2011.
Max Verstappen won the 2021 Formula One Drivers’ championship by winning Abu Dhabi GP 2021
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won his maiden F1 Drivers’ championship title by beating Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes in the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP 2021.
- Mercedes bagged another World Constructor’s Championship title but were denied the double they would have wanted.
- Verstappen ended the season with 10 wins to Hamilton’s eight, having also led more laps and taken more poles and podiums.
Note: Complete List of 2021 F1 Race
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) Emilia Romagna GP, Monaco GP, French GP, Styrian GP, Austrian GP, Dutch GP, Belgian GP, United States GP, Mexican GP, Abu Dhabi GP
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes – UK), Bahrain GP, British GP, Portuguese GP, Spanish GP, Russian GP, Brazilian (Sao Paulo) GP, Qatar GP, Saudi Arabian GP
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull – Mexico): Azerbaijan GP
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine-Renault – France): Hungarian GP
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren – Australia) : Italian GP
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes – Finland): Turkish GP
India won a total of 6 medals at Asian Rowing Championship
- India won a total of six medals, including two gold and 4 silver medals in the Asian Rowing Championship in Thailand.
- Senior rower Arvind Singh bagged a gold in the lightweight Men’s single sculls event while his compatriots won three silver medals. India bagged silver medals in Men’s Lightweight Double Sculls, Men’s Quadrapul Sculls and in Men’s Coxless Four.
- In Lightweight Men’s Double Sculls, India’s Ashish Phugat and Sukhjinder Singh won the silver.
Book and Author
A new book titled “Watershed: How We Destroyed India’s Water And How We Can Save It” authored by Mriduala Ramesh
- Mriduala Ramesh, the founder of Sundaram Climate Institute, which works on water and waste solutions and the angel investor in cleantech start-ups, has authored a new book titled “Watershed: How We Destroyed India’s Water And How We Can Save It”.
- Mriduala Ramesh is the author of “The Climate Solution” and she writes regularly on climate issues.
- She is also a member of the board of trustees of World Wildlife Fund (WWF), India, and chairperson of the board of governors at the National Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
12 December: International Day of Neutrality
- International Day of Neutrality is a United Nations recognized day held on December 12 each year to raise public awareness of the value of neutrality in international relations.
- It was officially declared by a UN General Assembly resolution adopted in February 2017 and first observed on December 12, 2017.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs