Current Affairs 13th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi inaugurated MSME Technology Centre & Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Manimandapam in Puducherry
- On the occasion of the National Youth Day 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated an ‘MSME Technology Centre’, which will function under the Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), in Puducherry.
- The technology centre was built at a cost of ~Rs 122 crore with a focus on the Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) Sector. The centre was inaugurated during the inauguration event of the 25th National youth Festival (12th & 13th January 2022) in Puducherry.
- He also inaugurated the ‘Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Manimandapam’, a modern auditorium with an open-air theatre in Puducherry.
India’s oldest sloth bear ‘Gulabo’ died at Van Vihar National Park, Bhopal
- India’s oldest female sloth bear, named Gulabo, died at the Van Vihar National Park and Zoo in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Gulabo was the oldest sloth bear of the country. She died at the age of 40. She was rescued from a street performer (Madaari) in May 2006, when she was 25 years.
- The Van Vihar National Park, located on the banks of Bhopal’s Upper Lake, also runs a rescue and breeding centre for sloth bears.
National Parks in Madhya Pradesh:
- Bandhavgarh National Park
- Kanha National Park
- Madhav National Park
- Panna National Park
- Pench National Park
- Fossil National Park
- Satpura National Park
- Van Vihar National Park
- Kuno National Park
SC appointed a high-level committee to investigate PM’s security breach in Punjab; headed by Indu Malhotra
- Supreme Court has appointed a high-level committee to look into the alleged security breach of the Prime Minister’s Punjab visit.
- The 5-member committee will look into the alleged security breach of Prime Minister’s Punjab visit on 5th January this year.
- Chairperson of the committee: Former SC Judge Indu Malhotra.
- Other members of the panel include the Inspector General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), the Director-General of Police of Chandigarh, the Registrar General of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, and the Additional DGP (Security) of Punjab.
- A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana and comprising Justices Surya Kant and Hima Kohli, have passed the order for the same.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Sub-committee under PMFBY for cost benefit analysis of all ‘accepted models of agriculture: Saurabh Mishra
- Govt set up high-level committee to examine possibility of lifting AFSPA in Nagaland: Vivek Joshi
- Energy Transition Advisory Committee set up by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to Prepare Energy Transition Roadmap for India: Tarun Kapoor
- SEBI reconstituted 20 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC): S Sahoo
- Ministry of Home Affairs constituted a committee to enquire into the serious lapses in the security arrangements during PM Modi’s visit to Punjab: Sudhir Kumar Saxena
India’s 1st Heli-Hub to be set up in Gurugram, Haryana
- The government of Haryana in collaboration with the Ministry of Civil Aviation is set to establish India’s first-ever Heli Hub in Gurugram.
- The first of its kind heli-hub in Gurugram is designed to all the facilities in one place for Helicopters.
- The hub will have several aviation facilities like Heliport, Hangars, repairs and other related services. The hub will be developed in 10-20 acres of land well connected with Dwarka Expressway and National Highway (NH) 8.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
Indian Railway has launched “Mission Amanat” to help passengers track their lost belongings
- The Railway Protection Force (RPF) of the Western Railways zone of Indian Railways has launched a new initiative called “Mission Amanat” to make it easier for railway passengers to get back their lost luggage.
- Under Mission Amanat, the details of lost luggage and belongings along with photos will be uploaded on the official website of the zonal railway, https://wr. indianrailways. gov. in/.
- This will help the passengers in tracking and getting back their lost belongings as well as ensure the safety and security of passengers and their luggage and belongings.
Chennai International Airport ranked 8th in Global List for ‘On-Time Performance’
- As per the report released by Cirium titled ‘the On-Time Performance Review 2021 Airlines and Airports’, the Chennai International Airport has ranked globally 8th under the large airports category, and is the only Indian Airport to enter the top 10 positions of the list.
- The first three positions have been acquired by United State’s Itami Airport, Japan’s Fukuoka Airport, and Haneda Airport.
- Cirium analysed about 70 international routes taken by flights at Chennai airport and the ‘On-Time Departure’ were about 89.32 percent. It is the sixth busiest airport in India.
Top 3 Airports in the list:
|1st||Miami Airport (United States)|
|2nd||Fukuoka Airport (Japan)|
|3rd||Haneda Airport (Japan)|
|8th||Chennai Airport (India)|
Banking and Financial
Global economy will shrink by 2.3% by 2024 as per WEF’s Global Risks Report 2022
- The World Economic Forum recently released the Global Risks Report 2022. Cybersecurity, pandemic, climate change and space advancements are the emerging risks to global economy.
- The global economy is to shrink by 2.3% by 2024. However, in developing countries this is to be 5.5%. In rich countries, it will be 0.9%
About World Economic Forum (WEF):
- Founded: January 1971
- Founder & Executive Chairman: Klaus Schwab
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
UBS Securities projected India’s GDP growth at 9.1% in FY22
- Swiss brokerage UBS Securities has lowered the growth forecast of the Indian economy for the current financial year i.e., FY22 at 9.1 % due to a massive surge in Omicron infections.
- Earlier this was estimated at 9.5 %. However, UBS Securities has revised upwards the real GDP forecast of India in FY23 to 8.2 %. This was projected at 7.7 % earlier.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 3%
- S&P Global Ratings-5%
- Moody- FY22 at 9.3% and FY23 at 7.9%
- Care Rating– 8.8 to 9%
- Barclays: 7%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- Goldman Sachs: 9.1% in FY22
- National Statistical Office (NSO):2% in the financial year 2021-22
LazyPay collaborated with SBM Bank India to Launch LazyCard for Easy Credit
- LazyPay, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) solution by PayU Finance, announced its partnership with SBM Bank India to launch LazyCard, a prepaid payment instrument backed by a credit line that works on the Visa payment network.
- Aim: To empower financially underserved Indians with easy access to credit as their card has limited credit options.
- LazyCard reaches over 62 million pre-approved users of LazyPay, with a credit limit of up to 5 lakhs. Consumers could avail the Lazycard at zero joining fee and zero annual fee along with multiple transactional benefits and rewards.
About SBM Bank:
- Incorporated: 1st December 2018
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Sidharth Rath
Axis Bank partnered with MinkasuPay for biometric-based banking payments
- Axis Bank has partnered with MinkasuPay to offer a biometric authentication solution for net banking payments in merchant apps using Fingerprint or Face ID, without the need for usernames, passwords, and One-Time Passwords (OTPs).
- This Solution will reduce the time of payment from 50-60 seconds to just 2-3 seconds and also increase the transaction success rate.
- MinkasuPay’s biometric authentication solution, which is a 2-Factor-Authentication (FA) solution (mandated by the Reserve Bank of India), will help in increasing quick and secure digital transactions through device binding and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Appointment and Resignation
S Somanath appointed as the new chairman of ISRO
- Eminent Senior rocket scientist S Somanath has been appointed as the 10th Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and secretary, department of space (DoS).
- He will replace K Sivan, who will complete his term on 14 January. Somanath is currently serving as director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
- He has been instrumental in the development of the GSLV Mk-III launcher and was a team leader for the Integration of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) during the early phases of his career.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI: S Ramann
- SEBI: Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC: Arun Mishra
- UIDAI: Saurabh Garg
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC): Vivek Johri
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT): B. Mohapatra
HDFC Bank named as Best Private Bank in India at the Global Private Banking Awards 2021
- HDFC Bank was named as the ‘Best Private Bank’ in India at the ‘Global Private Banking Awards 2021’ which was organised by Professional Wealth Management (PWM) in a virtual ceremony.
- PWM is a wealth management Magazine, published by the Financial Times Group.
The award was given for contributing to accelerate key trends, including digitalisation, communication and investment in environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategies.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
DRDO successfully test-fired MPATGM in its final “deliverable configuration”
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the final deliverable configuration of the Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) at a range in Southern India.
- It is indigenously developed anti-tank missile low weight (15kg), fire and forget missile and is launched from a man portable launcher, integrated with thermal sight.
- MPATGM will be manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited at its facility in Bhanoor, Telangana. The purpose of testing the missile was to check its consistent performance at a minimum range, which is 200-300 metres.
- MPATGM has already completed a similar successful test for a maximum range of 4,000 metres. With this successful test of the MPATGM, the system is now ready for production in large numbers in India.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS
- “Nirbhay”: 1500Km
- ‘Akash-NG’: 60 KM
- Agni-5: 5000 KM
- Pinaka ER: 70 Km
- Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile: 10 KM
- Agni P Ballistic Missile: 1000 to 2000KM
- Pralay: 150-500 km
Tata group replaced Vivo as the title sponsor of the IPL for the 2022 & 2023 seasons
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has informed that Tata group has replaced Chinese mobile phone manufacturer Vivo as the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the 2022 and 2023 seasons.
- The multinational conglomerate will pay Rs. 300 crore per year as the title sponsor of IPL for the next two seasons. This is about 60% of what Vivo would have paid.
- Founded: 2008
- Total Teams: 10 (from 2022)
- Next edition: 2022
- Most successful team: Mumbai Indians (5 titles)
Olympic medal-winning Athlete Deon Lendore passed away
- Olympic athlete Deon Lendore, who participated in the 400 meters race at the 2020 Olympics, passed away at the age 29 years due to a fatal car accident in Texas, United States (US).
- Deon Lendore was born on 28 October 1992 in Trinidad and Tobago (the Caribbean Islands, South America), was an expert of 400 meters championships.
- He participated in the London Olympics in 2012 and won a Bronze medal in 4×400 meter relay. He also participated in the Tokyo Olympic 2021 and in 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs