Current Affairs 13th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Tripura government launched ‘Earn with Learn’ Scheme
- The Tripura government has launched a new scheme named ‘Earn with Learn’ to bring back those who had dropped out of schools following the outbreak of Covid-19.
- This scheme is a part of the ‘Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan’ (Let’s go to school).
- The Government attempted to bring back dropouts in 2020 by implementing the Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan, which was first started in 2009, but was unable to make any progress due to the pandemic.
- The ‘Earn with Learn’ initiative of Tripura Education Department would involve third-year students from all colleges in conducting surveys to detect dropouts across classes.
- About 9,000 students between the age group of 6 to14 had dropped out of school during the pandemic.
- The state government will pay Rs 500 per admission to each college student as reward for bringing back such dropouts to school again.
- Capital – Agartala
- Chief Minister – Manik Sarkar
- Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
- Tribes – Tripura/Tripuri, Riang, Jamatia
India’s first elevated Dwarka expressway to be operational by 2023
- Dwarka Expressway is being developed as the first elevated urban expressway in India.
- The Expressway connecting Dwarka in Delhi to Gurugram in Haryana is being developed at a total cost of 9,000 crore rupees with a total length of 29 km out of which 19 km length falls in Haryana while the remaining 10 km of length is in Delhi.
- Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway is part of the Delhi-Jaipur-Ahmedabad-Mumbai arm of Golden Quadrilateral.
- After ready this highway about 50 to 60 percent of traffic on NH-8 will be diverted onto the new expressway.
- It is also popularly known as the Northern Peripheral Road. It will be open to traffic in 2023 and relieve congestion on the Delhi- Gurugram expressway.
Uttarakhand becomes first state to implement NEP at pre-primary level
- Uttarakhand became the 1st state in the country to initiate the process of implementing the Centre’s New Education Policy (NEP).
- Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami has initiated this process by inaugurated ‘Bal Vatikas’ at Anganwadi kendras across the state to strengthen the pre-primary education system.
- These ‘Bal Vatikas’ will function at 4,457 Anganwadi kendras in the state.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
DCGI approves India’s first indigenously developed HPV vaccine
- Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has approved the country’s first indigenously developed Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV) against cervical cancer.
- This vaccine has been developed by the Serum Institute of India.
- Cervical cancer is the second most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age with a high death ratio in India.
Andhra Pradesh government decided to rejoin Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Andhra Pradesh government has decided to rejoin the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- Andhra Pradesh has decided to implement the PMFBY from the Kharif-2022 season.
- With this decision, crops of more than 40 lakh farmers of the state will get insurance cover in case of natural calamity.
- Andhra Pradesh had opted out from PMFBY in 2020 citing higher premium prices.
Recent Andhra Pradesh Schemes/apps:
- YSR Bima
- ‘Swechha’ programme
- CLAP- Jagananna Swachha Sankalpam Programme
- She Auto
- 14400 app
- YSR Yantra Seva scheme
Delhi Government partnered with UNICEF for employment opportunities to students
- The Delhi government has joined hands with the UNICEF to create employment opportunities for students of the Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU).
- Skill Varsity of Delhi has partnered with YuWaah (Generation Unlimited India) at UNICEF to enable access to employment opportunities.
- Another pillar, the ‘YuWaah Step Up – Bano job ready’, it is a six-month pilot being conducted by Flywheel Digital Solutions Pvt with DSEU students.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Founded – 1946
- Headquarters – New York City, USA
- Director General – Catherine M. Russell
- Membership – 192
China launched global naming event for its newest solar observatory
- China has planned to launch a new space-based solar observatory to study the relationship between the solar magnetic field, solar flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs).
- Targeted for launch this October, the observatory is currently under the naming process initiated by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
- The Advanced Space-Based Solar Observatory (ASO-S) which weighs around 888 kg would be the first platform to have three payloads on board.
- These payloads are the Full-disk vector MagnetoGraph (FMG), the Lyman-α Solar Telescope (LST) and the Hard X-ray Imager (HXI).
- Notably, the ASO-S is a successor of the H-alpha Solar Explorer (CHASE) named ‘Xihe’, which was launched in October 2021 to study the violent and sudden physical processes behind solar flares.
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Yuan
- President – Xi Jinping
Banking and Financial
Edelweiss Mutual Fund launched Focused Equity Fund
- Edelweiss Asset Management Limited has launched a new fund offer (NFO) for Edelweiss Focused Equity Fund.
- That will invest in 25-30 stocks spread across three key investing opportunities of Brands, 2. market share gainer, 3. innovators.
- The fund will be managed by Trideep Bhattacharya, chief investment officer-equities, and Abhishek Gupta, fund manager, Edelweiss AMC.
- Any resident including NRIs individual and non-individual can invest in the Edelweiss Focused Equity Fund.
- Minimum invest – Rs 5,000
Appointment and Resignation
Brajesh Upadhaya appointed as the new chief of Goa Shipyard Limited
- The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has appointed Brajesh Kumar Upadhyay as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
- Upadhyay is currently serving as Director (Operations) in the GSL.
- He joined GSL as a trainee manager in 1991.
- GSL is a Miniratna Public sector undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Defence.
About Goa Shipyard Limited
- Founded – 1957
- Headquarters – Goa
- New president of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) -T Raja Kumar
- MD and CEO of Aviva India Life Insurance Company – Asit Rath
- MD & CEO of Manappuram Finance Company – VP Nandkumar
- Force Commander in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) – Lt Gen Mohan Subramanian
- Director-General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security – Zulfiquar Hasan
Meena Hemchandra appointed as part-time Chairman of Karur Vyasya Bank
- Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of former RBI executive Meena Hemchandra as part-time Chairman of Karur Vysya Bank for three years.
- In May 2022, the bank had recommended Hemchandra’s candidature for the position of non-executive independent (part-time) chairperson of the bank to the RBI for approval.
- Hemchandra was the Executive Director of RBI from June 2015 to Nov 2017.
Vice Chairman of Sanmar Group received ‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award by Japan
- The Government of Japan has conferred the ‘Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star’ award to Narayanan Kumar Vice Chairman of Sanmar Group.
- He received this honour for his contribution towards strengthening economic relations between Japan and India.
- The Award was honoured to Narayanan Kumar by Consul General of Japan in Chennai, Taga Masayuki.
- Narayanan Kumar also heads the Indo-Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 2015.
- He had served as the President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in 1997-1998 and he was among the ‘Spring 2022 Imperial Decorations recipients.
Recent Awards in News
- CII Quality Ratna Awards 2021 – Ashok Soota
- Shiromani Award at NRI World Summit 2022 – Michelle Poonawalla
- Best Film award at the IIFA Awards – Shershaah
- Assam’s highest civilian award Asom Bhaibav – Ratan Tata
- Best Project Award at United Nations World Summit – Meghalaya
India’s Pallavi Singh bagged the Mrs Universe Divine Crown in South Korea
- India’s Pallavi Singh has bagged the Mrs Universe Divine Title at the finals held at Yeosu City, South Korea.
- Pallavi Singh hails from Kanpur and was the only contestant from Asia in the Mrs Universe contest. She has made India proud in this contest that saw participation from 110 countries. This is indeed a proud moment for India.
- Singh won the title of Mrs India held in Jaipur in 2020 and Mrs Indo-Asia Universe in the Asia-level competition held in Delhi in October 2021.
- She was also awarded the women in Insurance award at the Indian Business Women Summit 2021.
About South Korea
- Capital – Seoul
- Currency – South Korean Won
- Prime Minister – Han Duck-soo
- President – Yoon Seok-youl
Jahnavi Dangeti becomes AATC’s youngest Analog Astronaut
- 19-year-old Jahnavi Dangeti (Andhra Pradesh) has become the youngest person to complete the Analog Astronaut programme at the Analog Astronaut Training Centre (AATC) in Poland.
- She was one among the 6 persons selected from across the globe for the programme.
- She completed the 2-week training at AATC in June 2022.
- AATC is a private agency set up to carry out spaceflight scientific studies.
India’s Grand Master D Gukesh won Gijon Chess Masters
- India’s D. Gukesh has won the Gijon Chess Masters with eight points out nine rounds.
- Alexandr Fier of Brazil has finished second with 6.5 points while International Master Pedro Antonio Gines of Spain came third scoring six points. In the ninth and last round, Gukesh has drew with Cuba’s GM Martinez Duany.
- Gukesh took his FIDE rating to 2693. If he crosses the Elo rating of 2700 Gukesh could well become the sixth Indian to do so after Viswanathan Anand, Krishnan Sasikiran, P. Harikrishna, Vidit Gujarati and B. Adhiban.
Recent Indian Chess Grandmasters
- 68th- Arjun Kalyan (Tamil Nadu)
- 69th- Harshit Raja (Maharashtra)
- 70th- Raja Rithvik (Telangana)
- 71st- Sankalp Gupta (Maharashtra)
- 72nd- Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 73rd- Bharath Subramaniyam (Tamil Nadu)
India bagged 22 medals in Asian U-20 Wrestling Championships Manama, Bahrain
- India has bagged 22 medals including four gold in the Asian U-20 Wrestling Championships in Manama, Bahrain.
- Besides the four gold medals, India claimed nine silver and nine bronze medals in the event.
- Among the 22 medals, the women’s team won 10 medals including 3 gold through Priyanka, Arju and Antrim.
- Freestyle wrestler Sujeet won the fourth gold medal for India in the 65kg weight class.
94-year-old Bhagwani Devi bagged gold at WMA Championships in Finland
- 94-year-old Bhagwani Devi Dagar has won the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint at the 2022 World Masters Athletics Championships held in Finland.
- She completed the 100m distance in 24.74 seconds.
- She also won a bronze medal for the country in the shotput event.
- World Masters Athletics Championships is an event for athletics (track and field) for athletes aged 35 years and over.
Mohammed Shami becomes fastest Indian to take 150 ODI wickets
- Pacer Mohammed Shami has become the fastest Indian to scalp 150 wickets in ODIs.
- Shami achieved this feat during the first ODI of the three-match series against England at the Kennington Oval. The pacer took three wickets, which included the likes of Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, and Craig Overton.
- He took a total of 80 matches to reach his 150 wickets and surpassed the record of former Indian pacer Ajit Agarkar, who took 97 matches.
- Shami also became the joint-third fastest ever to take 150 ODI wickets along with Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan. Australia’s Mitchell Stars (77 matches) and Pakistan’s Saqlain Mushtaq (78 matches) hold the top-two positions for fastest bowlers to reach 150 ODI wickets.
Jonny Bairstow & Marizanne Kapp named ICC Player of the Month for June 2022
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the ICC Player of the Month awards for June 2022.
- England’s batsman Jonny Bairstow has bagged the Men’s Player of the Month title while South Africa’s all-rounder Marizanne Kapp has awarded with Women’s Player of the Month.
- Jonny Bairstow has received this title after his remarkable performances against New Zealand in May 2022.
- Marizanne Kapp has become the second ICC Women’s Player of the Month from South Africa after Lizelle Lee, who was crowned in March 2021.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022- Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022 -Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022 -Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022 -Jonny Bairstow (England)
ICC Women’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022- Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022- Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022 -Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022 -Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022 – Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
12 July – International Malala Day
- The International Malala Day is celebrated on 12 July on the occasion of young activist Malala Yousafzai’s birthday.
- On 12 July 2013, the 16-year-old Pakistani activist delivered a moving speech at the headquarters of United Nations.
- At the age of 17 years, Yousufzai was the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize since it came into existence in 1901.
- In December 2014, Malala was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and became the youngest ever recipient of such a pristine honour. She was designated as United Nations Messenger of Peace in 2017 to help raise awareness of the importance of girls’ education. The young activist has bagged over 40 awards and honours for her courage.
Former Mexico President Luis Echeverria passed away
- Former president of Mexico Luis Echeverria Alvarez who served from 1970 to 1976 has died at the age of 100.
- He started his career as lawyer and become a member of Mexico’s Institutional Revolutionary Party.
- He also initiated the establishment of diplomatic relations with China in February 1972.
Renowned archaeologist Enamul Haque passes away
- Eminent archaeologist and historian, Dr. Enamul Haque has been passed away in Dhaka at 85.
- He became the director of the museum in 1973 and served as director general of National Museum from 1983 to 1991.
- He was conferred with Padma Shri in 2020 for his work on Bengal’s Iconography and terracotta art.
- He was awarded the Ekushey Padak in 2016 and the highest civilian award of Bangladesh Swadhinta Padak in 2020.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs