Daily GK Update 13 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 13th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Banking & Financial
India’s FY22 growth may slip to 8.2%: Crisil
- India’s economic growth may slip to 8.2 per cent if the second wave peaks in end of June, domestic rating agency Crisil warned on 11th May, maintaining its baseline estimate of 11 per cent uptick in activity.
- If the second wave peaks in May-end, the GDP expansion will come at 9.8 per cent, and can go down to 8.2 per cent if the peaking happens in June-end, it warned.
Care Ratings Revises Downward India’s GDP Forecast To 9.2% For FY22
- Domestic rating agency Care Ratings on 12th May revised its GDP growth forecast for the current fiscal to 9.2 per cent from 10.2 per cent it had estimated earlier.
- This is the fourth revision by the rating agency in its GDP growth forecast for FY2021-22 since March this year.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Nomura –10.8%
- Barclays: 10%
UN raises global economic forecast to 5.4% growth in 2021
- The United Nations on 12th May responded to the rebounding Chinese and U.S. economies by revising its global economic forecast upward to 5.4% growth for 2021, but it warned that surging COVID-19 cases and inadequate availability of vaccines in many countries threaten a broad-based recovery.
- In raising its projection from January of 4.7% growth, the U.N.’s mid-2021 World Economic Situation and Prospects report.
RBI announces Second Tranche of purchase under G-SAP 1.0
- The Reserve Bank of India recently announced that the second tranche of open market purchase of Government Securities is to be held on May 20, 2021. This is to be held under G-Sec Acquisition Programme. This second tranche is to be conducted for Rs 35,000 crores.
- In April 2021, the Reserve Bank of India launched the Government Security Acquisition Programme 1.0. It was held on April 15, 2021. RBI purchased Rs 25,000 crores of Government securities.
- Earlier in May 2021, RBI announced that the second tranche is to be purchased under G-SAP 1.0.
Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted of Indian descent won World Food Prize 2021
- Dr Shakuntala Haraksingh Thilsted, a global nutrition expert of Indian descent has won the prestigious 2021 World Food Prize for her groundbreaking research in developing holistic, nutrition-sensitive approaches to aquaculture and food systems.
- Nutrition-sensitive approaches place nutrition and public health at the core of how food is produced, processed, transported, priced, distributed and consumed.
IREDA bags “Green Urja Award”
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. IREDA has been conferred with “Green Urja Award” for being the Leading Public Institution in Financing Institution for Renewable Energy this year by Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Despite of pandemic time, IREDA has ended the year 2020-21 ended on a strong note and disbursed the second highest (from the date of inception) amount of loan amounting to Rs. 8827 crore, which indicates that IREDA has the ability to translate this problem into an opportunity.
Note: About IREDA
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 11 March 1987
Manchester City crowned 2020-21 Premier League champions
- Manchester City were crowned Premier League champions for the third time in four seasons after Manchester United crashed to a 2-1 defeat against Leicester on 12th May.
- United started the century dominating English football, now City is the force with five titles in 10 seasons and the biggest spenders on transfers and salaries.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|