Current Affairs 13th October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Google Cloud gets MeitY nod to partner with public sector firms
- Google Cloud has announced its empanelment by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), allowing it to apply cloud technology to solve complex problems for government organizations.
- With the empanelment, referred to as the MeitY accreditation, Google is now positioned to fully partner with India’s public sector organizations.
- This empanelment enables the Indian public sector, including government agencies at the centre and state levels, and public sector units (PSUs) in sectors such as power, banking financial services and insurance (BFSI), transportation, oil and gas, public finance, and others, to deploy Google Cloud.
Tata Power partnered with 75F Smart Innovations for energy-efficiency solutions
- A wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power, Tata Power Trading Company (TPTCL) has signed an agreement with 75F Smart Innovations India to jointly promote automation and energy-efficiency solutions in the commercial building space.
- With this collaboration, TPTCL and 75F shall jointly offer solutions in the space of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) optimization and smart building automation powered by cutting edge technologies like IoT, cloud and AI/ML.
- These solutions shall help commercial buildings with centrally air-conditioned spaces attain assured savings on their HVAC energy consumption, which typically constitutes 50% or more of total building energy consumption, along with intelligent automation, analytics, and actionable insights regarding their facility and portfolio data.
India hosted 6th meeting of India-Norway Joint Working Group
- The Ministry of Education hosted the 6th meeting of the India-Norway Joint Working Group on Higher Education in New Delhi.
- The meeting was chaired by Ms. Neeta Prasad, Joint Secretary, International Cooperation, Ministry of Education from the Indian side and by Ms. Anne Line Wold, Director General, Ministry of Education and Research from the Norwegian side.
- The Joint Working Group was established to monitor and oversee the implementation of the MoU on Cooperation in the field of Higher Education signed between India and Norway on 25 April’22.
- The two sides reviewed the progress made under the Indo-Norwegian Cooperation Programme.
- Capital- Oslo
- Currency- Krone
- President – Jonas Gahr Støre
Anurag Thakur launched the WADA Athlete Biological Passport Symposium
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur has launched the World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) Athlete Biological Passport Symposium -2022 in New Delhi.
- The event is being jointly organized by National Anti-Doping Agency and National Dope Testing Laboratory for the first time in the country.
- On the anti-dopping front, the government has tied up with the National Forensic Science University and Food Safety and Standards Authority of India so that nutrition supplements can be tested and its information can be shared with the athletes.
PM Modi inaugurated 4th Vande Bharat Express in Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the fourth Vande Bharat Express train in Una district of Himachal Pradesh.
- The train will chug from Delhi to Amb-Andaura Railway station in Una, Himachal Pradesh.
- The train will run six days a week except on Wednesdays, with stops at Ambala, Chandigarh, Anandpur Sahib, and Una.
- Last month, PM Modi flagged off the third Vande Bharat Express in another poll-bound state Gujarat. This train runs from Gandhinagar to Mumbai.
- The Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, is an Indian semi-high-speed, intercity, EMU train which is operated by the Indian Railways only on two prominent routes as of March 2022, one from New Delhi to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra and the other from New Delhi to Varanasi.
- Vande Bharat train is completely manufactured in India. It is a self-propelled engine train, that is, it does not have a separate engine. It has automatic doors and air-conditioned chair car coaches and a revolving chair that can rotate up to 180 degrees.
- Earlier, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced 400 Vande Bharat Express in the next three years.
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital – Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
PM Modi inaugurated Shri Mahakal Lok complex in Ujjain
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dedicated Phase I of the Mahakal Lok Project to the nation at Shri Mahakal Lok in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- The project aims to decongest the entire area and also put special emphasis on the conservation and restoration of heritage structures.
- Under the project, the temple precinct will be expanded nearly seven times. The total cost of the entire project is around ₹850 crore.
- The Phase-I of the ‘Mahakal Lok’ project will help in enriching the experience of pilgrims visiting the temple by providing them with world-class modern amenities.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Meghalaya announced first-ever ‘Mental Health and Social Care Policy’
- Meghalaya government on World Mental Health Day has announced the state’s first-ever draft ‘State Mental Health and Social Care Policy’.
- Objective – To promote overall mental health &well-being &facilitate appropriate access and care pathways for common and severe mental health concerns.
- The draft mental health policy is a result of extensive research, situational analysis in the context of the State and focused group discussions conducted by key stakeholders involved in the drafting process.
- Meghalaya is the first state in the Northeast to come out with its own Mental Health Policy.
- Capital – Shillong
- Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
- Governor – D. Mishra (additional charge)
NMDC signed an MoU with RailTel for ICT and digital solutions
- Mining major National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) & RailTel Corporation of India have signed an agreement covering ICT & digital transformation services of NMDC.
- This partnership would focus on the optimal utilization of resources and build mineral accountability, thus paving the way for a robust digital transformation in the mining sector.
- RailTel will provide Consultancy, Project Management and Execution services that will enhance efficiency and transparency. It is a huge step forward to keep NMDC in the top league.
About National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
- Founded – 1958
- Headquarters – Hyderabad
Israel and Lebanon agreed to ‘historic agreement’ on the maritime dispute
- Israel and Lebanon have agreed to resolve a decades-old dispute over the control of an eastern stretch of the Mediterranean Sea.
- It is the first agreement on border demarcation between the 2countries.
- In a major diplomatic breakthrough between two neighbours that technically remain at war and have no direct diplomatic relations.
- The agreement is meant to resolve a territorial dispute in the eastern Mediterranean Sea in an area where Lebanon aims to explore for natural gas.
- Capital – Jerusalem
- Currency – Sheqel
- President – Isaac Herzog
- Prime Minister – Yair Lapid
- Capital- Beirut
- Currency– Lebanese pound
- President- Michel Aoun
- Prime Minister– Najib Mikati
Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index: India ranked 123rd, topped by Norway
- According to the Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index (CRII), India has moved up six places to rank 123 out of 161 countries for reducing inequality.
- Norway leads the CRII followed by Germany and Australia.
- The 2022 CRII looks at government policies and actions in 161 countries to fight inequality during the first two years of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- India’s overall rank has improved by six points from 129 in 2020 to 123 in 2022. It has moved up 12 places to rank 129 for reducing inequality through progressive spending.
- The Index which is prepared by Oxfam International and Development Finance International (DFI) measures governments policies and actions in three areas proven to have a major impact on reducing inequality.
- The three areas are public services (health, education, and social protection), taxation and workers’ rights
- Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022 – India ranked 4th;topped by Vietnam
- Human Development Index 2021 – India ranked 132;topped by Switzerland
- Henley Passport Index 2022 – India ranked 87th; topped by Japan
- Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index 2022 – India ranked 118th; topped by Norway
- Expat Insider Rankings for 2022 – India ranked 36th; topped by Mexico
- Global Gender Gap Report 2022 – India ranked 135th; topped by Iceland
Appointment and Resignation
Centre appointed 3 judges as Chiefs of high courts
- Union government has notified the appointment of 3 new chief justices in different high courts following the recommendation of the Supreme Court collegium.
- The new appointments are-
New Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court – Justice Pankaj Mithal
New Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court – Justice PB Varale
New Chief Justice of the J&K and Ladakh High Court – Justice AM Magrey
- Three other proposals which are still pending with the government relate to transfer of Orissa high court chief justice S Muralidhar as the chief justice of Madras high court, elevation of Orissa high court judge Jaswant Singh as the chief justice of the same high court, and transfer of Kerala high court judge KV Chandran to the Bombay high court.
Odisha MP Aparajita Sarangi elected to IPU panel
- Lok Sabha MP from Odisha Aparajita Sarangi has been elected as a member of the executive committee of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) from Asia Pacific Group (APG) countries.
- Sarangi bagged 12 out of the total 18 available votes in the election to the post. The election was held in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Sarangi will represent India on the 15-member executive committee of the union.
About Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- Founded- 1889
- Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
- President- Saber Hossain Chowdhury
- Secretary General- Martin Chungong
- Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – A Balasubramanian
- Vice President of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) – Dr. Anil Kumar
- Chairman and MD of Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) – Sandeep Kumar Gupta
- Chairman of Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)- N S Rajana
- Deputy Election Commissioner – Ajay Bhadoo
Discus thrower Kamalpreet Kaur banned for three years
- Top Indian discus thrower Kamalpreet Kaur has been banned for three years by Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for using the prohibited substance Stanozolol.
- Kaur had made a rapid rise last year when she set a national record of 65.06m in the lead-up to the Tokyo Olympics.
- She finished second in the qualifying round at Tokyo to progress to the final, where she finished sixth with a best throw of 63.70m.
- It was the third-best performance by an Indian in a field event at the Games.
INS Tarkash participated 7th edition of IBSAMAR exercise in South Africa
- INS Tarkash has participated in the 7th edition of IBSAMAR exercise, a joint multinational maritime exercise among Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies.
- The Indian Navy is represented by the Teg class guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and the personnel from the Marine Commando Force (MARCOS).
- The Joint Maritime Exercise will strengthen maritime security, joint operational training, sharing of best practices and building interoperability to address common maritime threats.
- The previous edition of IBSAMAR was conducted in South Africa from 1-13 Oct 2018.
- INS Satpura and P81 Maritime Patrol Aircraft reached Darwin in Australia to participate in the Multinational Naval Exercise ‘Kakadu’.
- The 6th edition of Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22) hosted by the Indian Navy began in the Bay of Bengal.
- Indian Army’s Kharga Corps & Indian Air Force have conducted a joint exercise ‘Gagan Strike’ in Punjab to showcase the might & prowess of the armed forces.
- Indian army and Chinese Army will attend the Vostok 2022 military exercises that will be held in Russia from August 30 to September 5.
- The biennial Pacific Dragon ballistic missile defense exercise between the military of South Korea, the United States and Japan is being held from August 01 to August 14, 2022 off the coast of Hawaii.
- 4th Edition of India-Oman Joint Military Exercise ‘AL NAJAH-IV’ is scheduled to be held in Rajasthan at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
13 October 2022 – World Sight Day
- World Sight Day is observed every year on the second Thursday of October.
- This year, World Sight Day is on October 13th.
- Objective – To raise awareness about eye health
- Theme 2022 – Love Your Eyes
- The first World Sight Day was celebrated on October 8, 1998. The “SightFirstCampaign” of Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF) initiated this day.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here