Current Affairs 13th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Nagaland organized Naga Mircha Festival at Seiyhama
- In a first of its kind in Nagaland, Naga Mircha (Naga King Chilli) Festival has been organized at Seiyhama Village under Kohima district.
- The festival was sponsored by the Department of Horticulture.
- Naga Mircha was the first product to receive a GI tag from Nagaland.
- The horticulture Department has chosen Botsa block in Kohima District as a focus area for Naga Mircha cultivation.
- Capital- Kohima
- Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
- Governor- Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
Popular Festivals of Nagaland
- Hornbill festival
- Moatsu festival
- Ngada festival
- Monyu festival
- Aoleng Festival
Gujarat Government announced first-ever Cinematic Tourism Policy
- Gujarat government has announced the first-ever Cinematic Tourism Policy in Ahmedabad.
- The policy will be effective for five years from 2022 to 2027.
- Objective – To promote cinematic tourism through the development of film infrastructure and the creation of attractive opportunities for cinema in Gujarat.
- At the event four MoUs were signed worth Rs 1,022 crore with various entities which included Devgan’s firm NY Cinemas LLP.
- Panorama Studios International Ltd, Laxmi Film Laboratories and Studios Pvt Ltd, and Bollywood Hub were among those who inked an agreement with the state government.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Karnataka increased compensation to dependents of forest martyrs
- Karnataka government has announced that the compensation awarded to the families of forest martyrs will be increased from Rs 30 lakh to Rs 50 lakh.
- CM Basavaraj Bommai made the announcement after paying respect to martyrs on the occasion of the National Forest Martyrs’ Day.
- During the tenure of B.S. Yediyurappa, the compensation was increased from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 30 lakh.
- The government will also provide jobs on compassionate grounds to family members of martyred officers.
- Capital – Bengaluru
- Chief Minister –Basavaraj Bommai
- Governor – Thawar Chand Gehlot
Pension at your doorstep initiative begins in Mumbai
- The Principal Accountant General office in Mumbai has begun ‘Pension at your doorstep’ initiative.
- For Pension Samvaad, Pensioners can register their grievances online or on the toll-free number.
- They can even visit Principal Accountant General’s office and resolve their issues.
- Some issues are solved immediately or within 5-6 working days.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Indian Railways revenue grows by 38 percent till Aug 2022
- Indian Railways’ overall revenue has grown by 38 percent till August 2022 over the corresponding period of 2021.
- The overall revenue of Indian Railways at the end of August 2022 was around 95,486 crore rupees showing an increase of 26,271 crore rupees over the same period in 2021.
- The revenue from passenger traffic was nearly 25,276 crore rupees showing an increase of 116 percent over the corresponding period of last year.
- Other Coaching revenue grew by 50 percent while Goods revenue grew by 20 percent as compared to the same period of last year.
IIT Madras partnered with IBM to advance Quantum computing in India
- International Business Machines has partnered with IIT Madras, to advance quantum computing skill development and research in India.
- IIT Madras also becomes the first Indian institution to join the global community of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academic institutions, and research labs working with IBM Quantum technology to advance quantum computing and explore business use cases.
- The joint research on quantum computing will help a variety of industries and disciplines, including finance, energy, chemistry, materials science, optimization, machine learning and even space research.
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Larsen & Toubro consortium have bagged a Rs 860 crore deal from New Space India Limited to build five rockets
- BEL signed an MoU with Smiths Detection to manufacture scanning systems
- Suzuki signed an MoU with NDDB for biogas demonstration project
- AICTE signed an agreement with Adobe to enhance digital literacy in India
- NHPC signed an MoU with PTC India Limited for sale of power
Air India to dismantle regional headquarters shift to Gurugram
- Air India is going to dismantle the regional command structure of the airline and shift to a central headquarter as the new owners, Tata Sons, work on consolidating its airline business.
- The airline currently has 4 regional headquarters headed by 4 regional directors.
- Air India inherited the regional structure of command from Indian Airlines after the two airlines were merged in 2007.
- Air India, Air India Express, and AirAsia India will have one common office at Vatika One-on-One complex in Gurugram.
- The fourth airline in the Tata stable is Vistara, which is also headquartered in Gurugram but it will remain at Intellion Edge in the city.
National Defence MSME Conclave and Exhibition inaugurated in Kota, Rajasthan
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt have inaugurated the National Defence MSME Conclave and Exhibition in Kota, Rajasthan.
- More than 50 companies, Startups, and MSMEs working in defence sector participated in the event.
- Rajasthan’s first Drone and Light Show was also organized at Dashara Maidan Kota.
- Defense equipment including T-90 and BMP-2 tanks, artillery guns, & various types of sniper & machine guns was displayed in the exhibition.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
President Droupadi Murmu nominated Gulam Ali, Gurjar Muslim from J&K to Rajya Sabha
- President Droupadi Murmu has nominated Gulam Ali, a Gurjar Muslim from Jammu & Kashmir, to the Rajya Sabha.
- Ali has been nominated to the Upper House on the recommendation of the Central government.
- This is for the first time a Gurjar Muslim from the region has been sent to the Rajya Sabha as a nominated member.
- Rajya Sabha Chairman – Jagdeep Dhankhar (Vice President of India)
PM Modi inaugurated International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit IDF WDS 2022.
- It was organized at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida.
- The four-day long summit is a congregation of global and Indian dairy stakeholders including industry leaders, experts, farmers and policy planners centring around the theme of ‘Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood’.
- The last such Summit was held in India about half a century ago in 1974.
- AIR correspondent, around 1500 participants from 50 countries are expected to participate in International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit 2022.
- The government has taken multiple steps for the betterment of the dairy sector resulting in an increase of milk production by more than 44 percent in the last eight years.
Kibithu Military Garrison named after Bipin Rawat
- The Kibithu Military Garrison in Arunachal Pradesh has been renamed as ‘General Bipin Rawat Military Garrison’ in honour of India’s first Chief of Defence Staff.
- As a Colonel, General Rawat commanded his battalion, the 5th battalion of the 11 Gorkha Rifles, in 1999-2000 at Kibithu.
- Chief Minister Khandu also announced a financial package of Rs 10 crore to make the garrison one of the best military stations in forward locations.
- General Rawat passed away along with his wife and 12 military personnel in a chopper crash in December 2021.
Banking and Financial
India’s first Electronic Bank Guarantee issued by HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank has issued an electronic bank guarantee (e-BG) in partnership with National E-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL), becoming the first bank in the country to do so.
- An Electronic Bank Guarantee eliminates the physical documentation usually associated with a bank guarantee, and it becomes available in a digital form to the beneficiary.
- The Bank will migrate to e-BG to benefit all its customers.
- Paper-based bank guarantees took 3-5 days to complete the process of physical pick up from the bank, courier to the beneficiary, stamp it, and re-verify it.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline – We understand your world
Retail inflation surged up to 7% in August 2022
- According to government data, India’s Retail inflation has increased up to 7% in August 2022 from 6.71% in July 2022 due to higher food prices.
- The consumer price index-based inflation is above the Reserve Bank’s comfort level of 6% for the eighth month in a row.
- The inflation in food basket was 7.62% in August 2022, was up from 6.69% in July and 3.11% in August 2021.
- The rate of price rise was in excess of 10 percent in case of vegetables, spices, footwear, and ‘fuel and light’ on annual basis.
- RBI has maintained its inflation forecast for 2022-23 at 6.7%.
Recent CPI-based Retail inflation in India
- May- 04%
- June – 7.01%
- July – 6.71%
Appointment and Resignation
Sanjay Khanna appointed as CEO of American Express India
- American Express Corp has appointed Sanjay Khanna as the chief executive officer & country manager for India.
- Khanna currently heads the executive team & is responsible for driving growth across the organization’s consumer & commercial businesses.
- American Express is an American multinational corporation specializing in payment card services.
About American Express
- Founded – 1850
- Headquarters – New York
- CEO – Stephen Squeri
- CMD of Shipping Corporation of India – Binesh Kumar Tyagi
- Interim Head of AICTE – Jagadesh Kumar
- CMD of NHPC – Yamuna Kumar Chaubey
- Interim Chairman of ONGC – Rajesh Kumar Srivastava
- Interim chairman at GAIL – M V lyer
- DG of News Services Division of AIR – Vasudha Gupta
Indian Army & Indian Air force conducted joint exercise ‘Gagan Strike’
- Indian Army’s Kharga Corps & Indian Air Force have conducted a joint exercise ‘Gagan Strike’ in Punjab to showcase the might & prowess of the armed forces.
- The exercise, conducted over 4 days, showcased precision firepower by attack helicopters in coordination with ground forces.
- The exercise also showcased the precision firepower of the attack helicopters in coordination with ground forces’ mechanized columns.
- Lt Gen Pratik Sharma, General Officer Commanding, Kharga Corps spearheaded this exercise.
- Indian army and Chinese Army will attend the Vostok 2022 military exercises that will be held in Russia from August 30 to September 5.
- The biennial Pacific Dragon ballistic missile defense exercise between the military of South Korea, the United States and Japan is being held from August 01 to August 14, 2022 off the coast of Hawaii.
- 4th Edition of India-Oman Joint Military Exercise ‘AL NAJAH-IV’ is scheduled to be held in Rajasthan at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
- 3rd India-Vietnam Bilateral Army Exercise “Ex VINBAX 2022” to begin at Chandimandir in Haryana.
- India-Japan conducted a Maritime Partnership exercise (MPX) in the Andaman Sea.
AllA launched Ayurveda Day 2022 programme
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AllA) has launched Ayurveda Day 2022 programme.
- The six-week long programme will continue till 23 October 2022.
- Ministry of AYUSH celebrates Ayurveda Day every year on Dhanvantari Jayanti and this year (2022) it will be celebrated on 23 October.
- Theme 2022 – Har Din Har Ghar Ayurveda
- Union Minister for AYUSH – Sarbananda Sonowal
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Get Free study material for Bank & Insurance- Download PDF
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here