Current Affairs 14th, 15th August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India Celebrates 75th Independence Day
- As the country celebrates ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ marking the 75th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today hoisted the national flag and delivered the customary address to the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort in New Delhi. READ MORE…………
Four more Indian wetlands added to Ramsar list
- Four more wetlands from India have been added to the Ramsar list and have been recognized as wetlands of global importance in accordance with the Ramsar Convention. With the latest addition, the number of Ramsar sites in India have reached to 46.
Four sites that have been included are:
- Thol from Gujarat,
- Wadhwana from Gujarat,
- Sultanpur from Haryana and
- Bhindawas from Haryana.
International (Current Affairs)
Afghanistan govt to transfer power to Taliban; Ghani to step down
- The Afghanistan government will transfer the power to the Taliban. Diplomatic sources said Ali Ahmad Jilali, former Afghan interior minister, is likely to be named to head an interim administration in Kabul. Afghan President Ashraf Ghani will resign.
- Taliban fighters entered Kabul on 15th Aug and sought the unconditional surrender of the central government.
Four Indian airports in Skytrax in top 100 airport list for 2021
- Four Indian airports — Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Bengaluru — found a place in the world’s 100 best airports by UK-based airline and airport review consultancy Skytrax.
The list India’s airport World’s Top 100 Airports 2021
- Delhi at nuumber 45 (up five places from number 50 in 2020),
- Hyderabad at 64 ( up seven from 71 in 2020),
- Mumbai at 65 (down 13 from 52nd rank in 2020) and
- Bengaluru at 71 (down three places from 68th rank in 2020).
The top five in Skytrax’s World’s Top 100 Airports 2021 list are —
- Rank 1: Doha Hamad (number 3 in 2020),
- Rank 2: Tokyo Haneda (second spot in 2020 also)
- Rank 3: Singapore Changi (1 in 2020)
- Rank 4: Seoul Incheon (fourth in 2020 also) and
- Rank 5: Tokyo Narita (at number 7 in 2020).
Banking & Financial
Number Of Billionaires In India Dropped From 141 to 136
- In the pandemic-hit financial year of 2020-21, the number of billionaires in India dropped from 141 in FY20 to 136 in FY21, as per a statement issued by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Rajya Sabha.
- The count is based on the gross total income declared in the income tax returns. In FY 2018-19, the number of individuals with a gross total annual income of more than Rs 100 cr is 77.
RBI imposes Rs 1 crore penalty Cooperatieve Rabobank U.A.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 13th Aug said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on Cooperatieve Rabobank U.A. for deficiencies in regulatory compliances.
- The penalty has been imposed for contravention of certain provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and directions related to ‘transfer to reserve funds’.
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI (Recently)
- Rs 4cr. penalty on Bank of India
- Rs 2cr. penalty on PNB
- Rs 25 lakh penalty on Punjab & Sind Bank
- Rs 5 crore penalty on Axis Bank
- Rs 50.35 lakh on Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank
Indian Bank signs MoU with Paralympic Committee
- Public sector Indian Bank has signed an MoU with the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) as one of the banking partners of the Paralympic Games scheduled to commence from August 24 in Tokyo, Japan.
- The bank, through its year-long association with PCI, will provide financial assistance to paralympic athletes. The President of the Paralympic Committee of India is Deepa Malik.
Note: About Indian Bank
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
- Founded: 15 August 1907
Maharashtra creates Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Information Technology (IT)
- Maharashtra government has announced for creation of a new award named “Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Information Technology (IT)”.
- According to Minister of State for Information and Technology, Satej Patil, award will be given to institutions and companies for their outstanding performance in information technology sector on the occasion of birth anniversary of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
Indian Navy takes part in US Navy-led multinational SEACAT exercises
- The Indian Navy participated in the U.S. Navy-led Southeast Asia Cooperation and Training (SEACAT) military exercise in Singapore, to demonstrate its maritime manoeuvres.
- The main objective of SEACAT 2021 was to enhance the interoperability and shared maritime security concerns and preserve rules-based international order. The exercise comprised approximately 400 personnel and 10 ships. The 20th edition of the exercise was organised by the U.S. Navy, in Hybrid format, and included 20 other partner nations from the Indo-Pacific region, including India.
List of major multilateral exercises
- COBRA-GOLD: Asia – Pacific countries
- BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka & Myanmar
- ‘Milan The Naval Exercise ‘MILAN 2020’ is scheduled to be held at Visakhapatnam in March 2020 in which 41 countries have been invited.
- AFINDEX: Between the Indian Army and 16 African nations
- Samvedna: South Asian Region Nations
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|