Current Affairs 14th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Uttarakhand will launch “Him Prahari” scheme for ex-servicemen & youngsters
- The Government of Uttarakhand is set to implement the ‘Him Prahari’ Scheme which is meant for ex-servicemen and youngsters.
- The scheme is aimed at stopping the migration of people from Uttarakhand and will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase so that people stay put, and not move out.
- The Uttarakhand Govt is seeking the cooperation of the Union Government to implement the scheme in areas bordering the Uttarakhand. The scheme will also prioritise settling ex-servicemen in areas bordering the state.
- The estimated expenditure of the scheme is around Rs 5.45 crore. The Him Prahari’ Scheme was announced by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Uttarakhand unit in its 2022 Election Manifesto.
Recent Uttarakhand Schemes:
- ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme’
- Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Mahalakshmi Yojana
- Free Mobile Tablet scheme
Centre extended ₹40 crore relief to Dalai Lama’s Central Tibetan Relief Committee
- The Union government has extended the scheme to provide Rs 40 crore grants-in-aid to the Dalai Lama’s Central Tibetan Relief Committee (CTRC) for another five years i.e., from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- An amount of Rs 8 crore to CTRC has been released for the year 2021-22. In 2015, the Central government came out with a new policy for the Tibetan refugees and sanctioned a scheme of providing grant-in-aid of Rs 40 crore to CTRC for five years to meet the administrative and social welfare activities expenses of 36 Tibetan settlement offices in different States.
- Purpose: To meet the administrative expenses of settlement offices and social welfare
India’s first Community Museum inaugurated in Gya-Sasoma villages of Leh, Ladakh
- Tashi Gyaltson, Chairman/Chief Executive Councillor, Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, LAHDC, Leh inaugurated the Community Museum in Gya – Sasoma villages of Leh district in Ladakh. This is a first-of-its-kind museum in India.
- The Community Museum is a joint collaboration between National Museum Institute (NMI), New Delhi, Delhi, and Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), Leh, Ladakh.
- The Museum aims to preserve and take forward the rich cultural heritage of the region. Gya-Sasoma villagers in Leh have contributed to a variety of articles and collections to establish the Community Museum in traditional Ladakhi house.
- Union territory Fomation: 31 October 2019
- Capitals: Leh, Kargil
- Lieutenant Governor: Radha Krishna Mathur
Odisha signed MoU with BPCL for developing renewable energy plant and green hydrogen plant
- The Odisha Government and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) inked an MoU for a period of five years to set up a renewable energy plant and green hydrogen plant providing Round the Clock (RTC) power for consumers for both domestic consumption and export.
- Odisha is the single largest manufacturer of steel, sharing 33 percent of steel manufacturing in India.
- BPCL is an Indian government-owned oil and gas explorer and producer. It aims to achieve Net-Zero in Scope I and Scope II emission by 2040.
- Also, BPCL plans to spend Rs 25,000 crore to build renewable energy capacity of 10 gigawatts comprising a mix of solar, wind, small hydro, and biomass by 2040.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
UNDP announced $2.2 million in climate action grants for innovators
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and partners of the Adaptation Innovation Marketplace (AIM) have announced $2.2 million in climate action funding for 22 local innovators from 19 countries, including India.
- The Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator (AFCIA) window’s first round of funding will improve local climate action and speed the achievement of the Paris Agreement’s and Sustainable Development Goals’ ambitions.
- The project enables local actors and contributes to UNDP’s and partners’ worldwide endorsement of the principles for locally-driven adaptation action. The Adaptation Innovation Marketplace will provide technical support and know-how for new funding applications launched.
- AIM is a strategy platform that supports scaled-up adaptation at the local level, concentrating on civil society, non-governmental organizations, and women and youth innovators, and was launched by UNDP Administrator Achim Steiner at the Climate Adaptation Summit in January 2021.
About United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
- Founder: 1965
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Administrator: Achim Steiner
Banking and Financial
ADB sanctioned 551 crores for three Agartala projects
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) sanctioned an amount of $76.25 million or Rs 551 crore for three specific projects under the Agartala Smart City Limited (ASCL).
- The ADB agreed to fund 23 kilometres of road by retrofitting 15 stretches at a cost of Rs 444 crore, revive lakes and water bodies of Maharaja Bir Bikram College and its adjoining areas at Rs 30.67 crore and renovate and restore Ujjayanta Palace and its surrounding at Rs 35.68 crore in the current financial year in a phased manner.
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2021-22
- USD 350 million: to improve urban services in India
- $112 million: to establish Assam Skill University
- $68-million: loan agreement with IIFL Home Finance for affordable Green Housing
- USD 292 million: Bangladesh signed two loan agreements for flood management
- $2 million: project readiness financing loan to Nagaland for urban infrastructure development
Mashreq NEO tied up with Federal Bank to enable NR accounts opening for Indians in UAE
- Mashreq Neo has tied up with Federal Bank to enable its United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based Indian customers to open Non-Resident (NR) accounts with the Federal Bank in India instantly through the Neo app.
- Mashreq Neo is a full-service digital bank from Mashreq Bank in Dubai, UAE. Federal Bank has representative offices at Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Customers are able to view the balance in their NR accounts with Federal Bank on the Mashreq Neo App. They can also make instant remittances to India via its Quick Remit facility.
About Federal Bank:
- Founded: 23 April 1931 (as Travancore Federal Bank) at Nedumpuram, Thiruvalla, 2 December 1949; 71 years ago (as Federal Bank)
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
- Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
Appointment and Resignation
Iqbal Singh Lalpura re-appointed as chairperson of National Commission for Minorities
- The central government has re-appointed retired Punjab-cadre IPS officer Iqbal Singh Lalpura as the chairperson of the National Commission for Minorities.
- Lalpura, who was first appointed as chairman in September last year, had to resign from the post in December to contest as the BJP candidate from the Ropar assembly constituency, which he lost.
- A Sikh intellectual, who has written books on Sikh and Punjabi culture, Lalpura, was appointed BJP spokesperson in September last year. He had retired as deputy inspector general (DIG), Punjab Police, before joining the BJP in 2012.
About National Commission for Minorities:
- Founded: 17 May 1993
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Falguni Nayar won EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2021
- Falguni Nayar has been named as the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2021, at the 23rd edition of the EY Entrepreneur of The Year India awards.
- She is the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of beauty supply company Nykaa (FSN E-commerce). She will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) on June 9, 2022, at Monaco.
- The Lifetime Achievement was given to M. Naik, Group Chairman of Larsen & Toubro. Awards were also announced for nine other categories with the winners representing both mature industries and young entrepreneurs from startups, including unicorns.
The winners under different categories include:
- Start-up: Vidit Aatrey, Co-founder & CEO and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founder & CTO, Fashnear Technology (Meesho)
- Business Transformation: Abhay Soi, Chairman and Managing Director, Max Healthcare
- Manufacturing: Sunil Vachani, Founder and Executive Chairman, Dixon Technologies
- Services: Sahil Barua, Co-founder and CEO, Delhivery
- Consumer Products & Retail: Shiv Kishan Agarwal, Chairman; and Manohar Lal Agarwal, Chairman and Managing Director respectively, Haldiram Group
- Life Sciences & Healthcare: Dr. Satyanarayana Chava, Founder and CEO, Laurus Labs
- Financial Services: Harshil Mathur, Co-founder and CEO; and Shashank Kumar, Co-founder and CTO, Razorpay
- Technology, Media and Telecom: Girish Mathrubootham, Co-founder and CEO, Freshworks
- Entrepreneurial CEO: Vivek Vikram Singh, Managing Director and Group CEO, Sona Comstar
Madhya Pradesh Champion of Change Award 2021 announced
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan attended the program of Madhya Pradesh Champions of Change 2021 organized by ‘Interactive Forum on Indian Economy’ (IFIE) at Kushabhau Thackeray auditorium in Bhopal.
- The organization recognizes them for the great work done by individuals and organizations towards promoting the values of courage, community service and inclusive social development.
- Champions of Change is an Indian award, for promoting Gandhian values, (Swachata), community service and social development (in Aspirational district in India), selected by constitutional jury members headed by G. Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India and Former Chairman NHRC along with Former Judge of Supreme Court of India. The champions of Change Telangana award is a state version of the Champions of change national award.
Complete list of the awardees:
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Former Governor of UP and Mizoram Dr Aziz Qureshi
- Music performer Padma Vibhushan Teejan Bai
- Mayor of Indore Malini Laxmansingh Gaur
- Rajya Sabha MP Syed Zafar Islam
- Indian actress Divyanka Tripathi
- Indian film actor and lyricist Piyush Mishra
- BJP leader Vikram Verma, Banwari Lal Chouksey, Dr Bhagirath Prasad, Kalapini Komakali, Sudhir Bhai Goyal, Girish Agarwal, Dilip Suryavanshi, Abhijeet Sukhdane, Aarya Chavda, Rohit Singh Tomar, Megha Parmar, Vikas Bhaduaria, Priyanka Dwivedi
- CEO of FidyPay Manan Dixit, Mayur Sethi, Renu Sharma, Dr Prakash Jain and Rajneet Jain
Indian GM R Praggnanandhaa won Reykjavik Open chess tournament
- 16-year-old chess sensation R Pragganandhaa has won the prestigious Reykjavik Open chess tournament in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- In the final played between two Indian players, it was R Praggnanandhaa who won the contest beating compatriot GM D Gukeshin the final round.
- The Indian youngster scored 7½/9 and finished a half-point ahead. R Praggnanandhaa also posted four other wins, including the one over American Abhimanyu Mishra, who, last year, became the then youngest Grandmaster at the age of 12 years and four months.
Indian Shuttler Mithun Manjunath won silver in Men’s Singles at Orleans Masters 2022
- Indian shuttler Mithun Manjunath has won silver in Men’s Singles at the Orléans Masters 2022, a badminton tournament held from 29th March to 3rd April 2022 in Orleans, France.
- Playing in his maiden BWF final, the 79th ranked Indian shuttler lost 11-21, 19-21 to world number 32 Frenchman Toma Junior Popov at the Palais des Sports Arena.
- Women’s doubles pair of Ashwini Bhat and Shikha Gautam has won the bronze in Women’s doubles at the tournament.
Book and Author
A book titled ‘Hear Yourself’ authored by Prem Rawat
- Indian author Prem Rawat has launched his book ‘Hear Yourself’ for the Indian subcontinent in Mumbai.
- This New York Times bestseller book is already available in 58 countries and five languages. This book is to help people understand their own potential.
- It will help them find peace in a noisy world. He also advised the audience that they have more wisdom in themselves than they perceive. This book is to help them develop better self-understanding.
14 April: B.R. Ambedkar Remembrance Day
- B. R. Ambedkar Remembrance Day is also known as Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti which is observed on 14 April to commemorate the memory of B.R Ambedkar.
- This day celebrates the birthday of Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar, an Indian politician, and social rights activist.
- The day has been observed as an official public holiday throughout India since 2015. In 2022, we are marking the 131st birth anniversary of Babasaheb.
- Dr Ambedkar is known as the Father (chief architect) of the Indian Constitution. He was the first Law and Justice Minister of the country after the independence. Dr Bhim has been bestowed with the country’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna in 1990 posthumously.
14 April: World Chagas Disease Day
- World Chagas Disease Day is observed on 14 April to raise public awareness and visibility among people about Chagas Disease (also called American trypanosomiasis or silent or silenced disease) and the resources needed for the prevention, control or elimination of the disease.
- It is often termed a “silent and silenced disease” as the infected majority have no symptoms or extremely mild symptoms. There are approximately 6-7 million people infected with Chagas disease worldwide, with 10,000 deaths, every year. It is one of 11 official global public health campaigns marked by WHO.
- The WHO approved the designation of Chagas Disease Day on May 24, 2019, at the 72nd World Health Assembly. The first World Chagas Disease Day was observed on 14 April 2020. The disease has been named after Carlos Ribeiro Justiniano Chagas, the Brazilian doctor who diagnosed the first case on 14 April 1909.
- Theme 2022: finding and reporting every case to defeat chagas disease.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs