Current Affairs 14th February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India will replace diesel by renewable energy in agriculture by 2024
- Union Power Minister R K Singh has announced that India will achieve zero-diesel use in agriculture and replace fossil fuel with renewable energy by 2024.
- For this, states should develop action plan to achieve the assigned targets and specific agency dedicated for energy efficiency and conservation.
- This initiative is a part of the government’s commitment to increase the share of non-fossil fuels by 2030 and become a net zero emitter by 2070.
Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas List
- PM vision of $ 5 trillion Economy-2025
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Housing for All-2022
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Clean Drinking water to all by-2024
- Achieve zero road accident fatalities: 2030
- Net Zero Emissions in India’s Energy System: 2050
- India brings forward target of 20% ethanol-blending in petrol -2023
Govt approved Rs 26,275 crores outlay for modernization of police forces
- The Government has approved the continuation of the Scheme of Modernization of State Police Forces (MPF Scheme) for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- Total Central financial outlay for five years is Rs 26,275 crores. The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) since 1969-70.
- Initiatives to modernize and improve the functioning of Police Forces of States and Union Territories is started by Home Minister Amit Shah.
- MPF is an umbrella scheme that comprises all relevant sub-schemes for modernization and improvement. Scheme for modernization of state police forces has Central outlay of Rs 4,846 crores.
India signed MoU with UN’s World Food Programme to hand over wheat to Afghanistan
- India signed an agreement with the United Nation’s World Food Programme (WFP) for the distribution of 50,000 MT of wheat that it has committed to sending Kandahar, Afghanistan as part of a humanitarian assistance.
- According to the MoU, the wheat will be taken through Pakistan to the Afghan border crossing and handed over to WFP officials in Kandahar beginning February 22.
- The wheat will eventually be divided into five batches of 10,000 tonnes, to be distributed across the country on approximately 200 trucks that are run by the WFP.
About World Food Programme (WFP):
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarter: Rome, Italy
- Executive Director: David Beasley
Israel became first country to allow drones in civilian airspace
- Israel becomes the first-ever country to allow drone flights in civilian airspace.
- The certification was issued to the Hermes Starliner unmanned system by the Israeli Civil Aviation Authority, and was manufactured and developed by Elbit Systems, an Israeli defense electronics company.
- The UAVs will be used for the benefit of agriculture, environment, public welfare, economic activity and against crime.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- President: Isaac Herzog
- Prime minister: Naftali Bennett
Frank-Walter Steinmeier re-elected as President of Germany for another term
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier was elected to a second term of five years as Germany’s president.
- He was elected with a big majority by a special assembly comprising of the members of lower house of parliament and representatives of 16 states of Germany.
- He became president in 2017. Before that, he served two stints as foreign minister of Chancellor Angela Merkel and as chief of staff to Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder.
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Chancellor: Olaf Scholz
9th USGBC top 10 ranking of Countries outside of US for LEED in 2021: India ranked 3rd; China topped
- The US Green Building Council (USGBC) released the 9th annual ranking of top 10 countries outside of the United States (US) for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) in 2021 in which India ranked 3rd with 146 projects.
- It has been topped by China with 1,077 LEED projects certified in 2021, which is followed by Canada at 2nd position with 205 projects.
- The ranking highlights countries and regions outside the US that are doing good in healthy, sustainable, and resilient building design, construction, and operations.
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd; US topped
- “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: 3rd; Russia topped
- Henley Passport index 2022: 83; Japan & Singapore topped
- 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI): 85th, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand topped
- EIU’s Democracy Index 2021: 46th; Norway topped
Banking and Financial
Axis Bank will buy Citigroup’s India retail banking business
- Axis Bank Ltd is nearing a deal to buy Citigroup Inc’s India retail banking business in a transaction that could be valued at about $2.5 billion.
- An agreement for the consumer unit may be announced as soon as the next few weeks and is contingent on approval from the Reserve Bank of India.
- The deal would include a cash component of less than $2 billion, accounting for the consumer business’s liabilities.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Bank of Baroda will acquire Union Bank’s stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- Bank of Baroda will acquire Union Bank of India’s 21% stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company.
- It is a joint venture between Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, and Carmel Point Investments. At present, the shareholding in IFIC is BoB holds 44%, Carmel Point Investments India holds 26% and UBI holds 30%.
- The acquisition is pursuant to a ‘Right of First Offer’ made by UBI to the existing shareholders of IndiaFirst Life, to divest 21% of its stake in IndiaFirst Life.
About Bank of Baroda (BoB):
- Founded: 20 July 1908
- Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
- Managing Director & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
- Amalgamated Banks: Dena Bank & Vijaya Bank in 2019
Yes Bank launched the Agri Infinity program
- Yes Bank has announced the launch of an annual startup enabler program, Yes Bank Agri Infinity.
- It seeks to co-develop digital financial solutions for the food and agriculture.
- Those meeting the eligibility criteria will receive the guidance and support necessary to develop their solutions and apply them across the agricultural value chain.
- Through the initiative, a select cohort of startups will receive mentoring by veteran bankers.
About Yes Bank:
- Founded: 2004
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Tagline: Experience Our Expertise
Paisabazaar & RBL bank partnered to offer ‘Paisa on Demand’ credit card
- Paisabazaar. com, a digital platform for consumer credit, has partnered with RBL Bank Limited to offer ‘Paisa on Demand’ (PoD), a credit card that will be exclusively available on the Paisabazaar platform.
- Aim: To build products that offer integrated services for the large under-served segments across India.
- The credit card from RBL Bank will be lifetime free with a digital onboarding process. It provides options of availing of personal loans from RBL Bank, using the same credit limit at normal personal loan rates to customers.
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
- CEO & Co-founder: Naveen Kukreja
Appointment and Resignation
Debashis Mitra elected President of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Debashis Mitra has been elected as the President of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the 2022-23 term.
- Aniket Sunil Talati has been elected as Vice President of the institute, which has more than 3.40 lakh members and over 7 lakh students.
- Mitra, who is serving his third term in ICAI Council, has been in the accounting profession for more than 34 years. Apart from being a Chartered Accountant, he is also a Cost Accountant and a Company Secretary.
About Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI):
- Formation: 1 July 1949
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- President: Debashis Mitra
- Vice President: Aniket Sunil Talati
- Secretary: Jai Kumar Batra
Ruchir Sharma appointed as MD & Chairman of Rockefeller International
- Former Morgan Stanley executive, Ruchir Sharma will take over as the Managing Director and Chairman of Rockefeller International, the international unit of Rockefeller Capital Management on 14th February 2022.
- He will also act as an advisor to the company, be a resource to Rockefeller’s global family office, its advisors, and clients, and serve as the company’s global brand ambassador.
- Previously he has served as the chief global strategist and head of emerging markets at Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
ISRO successfully launched earth observation satellite ‘EOS-04’
- ISRO has successfully launched its Earth Observation Satellite ‘EOS-4’ and two other tech demonstrator and scientific satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- EOS-04, INSPIRE sat-1 and INST-2TD were injected successfully into a sun-synchronous polar orbit by PSLV-C52.
- EOS-04 is designed to provide high-quality images under all weather conditions for applications such as agriculture, forestry and plantations, soil moisture and hydrology and flood mapping.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: S Somanath
13 February 2022: APEDA celebrated its 36th Foundation Day
- Agricultural Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) celebrated its 36th Foundation Day on 13th February.
- APEDA actively supported the Government in taking the export of agricultural products to 67 billion dollars in 2020-21 from 0.6 billion dollar in 1986 when it was founded.
- The target given to APEDA in the current financial year is 23.7 billion dollars, out of which more than 70 per cent has been achieved till January this year.
14 February: International Epilepsy Day 2022
- International Epilepsy Day is observed every year on the Second Monday of February across the world. In 2022, International Epilepsy Day falls on February 14, 2022.
- International Epilepsy Day seeks to raise awareness and educate the general public on the true facts about epilepsy and the urgent need for improved treatment, better care, and greater investment in research.
- The day is organised jointly by the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) and the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) to raise awareness about epilepsy and highlight the kinds of problems faced by victims, their friends and family.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs