Current Affairs 14th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
18th Kachai Lemon Festival began in Manipur
- The 18th edition of Kachai Lemon Festival began in Manipur. Kachai Lemon has been accorded GI tag and widely grown in Kachai Village of Ukhrul district.
- Kachai Lemon Festival is organized annually to promote this unique kind of lemon fruit and to encourage the lemon farmers.
- Kachai Lemon is considered to be unique as it is a rich source of ascorbic acid and is famous for its juice content.
- Theme: ‘Organic Kachai Lemon for Safe Environment and Rural Transformation’
Important Festivals of Manipur:
- Lai Haraoba
- Manipur Sangai Festival
- Lui Ngai Ni
- Ningol Chakouba
India Skills 2021 national competition concluded; Odisha finished first
- India Skills 2021 national competition concluded with more than 200 participants who were felicitated by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- As many as 270 winners of the Competition felicitated with 61 gold, 77 silver, 53 bronze, and 79 medallions of excellence.
- Odisha finished first out of 26 states and union territories of this year in the ‘IndiaSkills 2021’ contest with 51 medals. Odisha won 10 gold, 18 silver, 9 bronze, and 14 medallions.
- With 30 medals, Maharashtra remained in second place, while Kerala took third place with 25 medals.
- The winners of the India Skills 2021 competition will also have the opportunity to compete in the World Skills International Competition in Shanghai, China, in October 2022.
- The competitions were held at multiple locations, including Pragati Maidan and offsite locations in the National Capital Region, from 7 to 9th of this month.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Adani Group signed MoU with South Korea’s POSCO to develop steel mill in Gujarat
- Adani Group and South Korea’s largest steelmaker POSCO have signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding (MoU) to explore business opportunities in India.
- This includes the establishment of a green, environment-friendly integrated steel mill at Mundra, Gujarat. The estimated investment of the project is up to $5 billion (approx. Rs 37,000 crore).
- The non-binding MoU also intends to collaborate at the group business level in various other sectors such as renewable energy, hydrogen, and logistics in response to carbon reduction requirements.
About South Korea:
- Capital: Seoul
- Currency: South Korean won
- President: Moon Jae-in
Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav released India State of Forest Report 2021
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav has released the biennial India State of Forest Report 2021.
- Total forest and tree cover in India in 2021 is 80.9 million hectares (8,09,537 sq. km). This is 24.62% of the geographical area of the country.
- Forest and tree cover in India has risen by 2,261 square Kilometers (sq km) in 2 years (compared to 2019).
- 17 states and union territories have above 33% of the geographical area under forest cover.
- Largest forest cover: Madhya Pradesh
- Maximum increase in forest cover: Andhra Pradesh
- Total carbon stock in India’s forest: 7,204 million tonnes
Daniel Ortega sworn in as President of Nicaragua for 5th term
- Nicaraguan President José Daniel Ortega Saavedra, leader of the Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN), was sworn in for a new presidential term.
- This marks his 5th term and 4th consecutive term as the President of Nicaragua. He will remain in the office until January 2027.
- He received the presidential sash from Gustavo Porras, head of the National Assembly.
- Capital: Managua
- Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
Banking and Financial
NABARD signed pact with Arthimpact Digital Loans to support SHGs
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) signed a partnership agreement with Arthimpact Digital Loans (ARTH) to provide end-to-end fintech (financial technology) solutions to support self-help groups (SHGs).
- ARTH will provide credit, payments and insurance solutions support to micro-MSME enterprises. Both organisations will work to provide micro financial services and forward linkage support to SHGs.
- The specialized entities across occupations to 500 enterprises across Uttar Pradesh impacting 2500 households.
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Govinda Rajulu Chintala
Paytm Payments Bank became most preferred UPI beneficiary bank in India
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) became the largest and fastest growing UPI beneficiary bank in India.
- It becomes the first beneficiary bank in the country to achieve the landmark of over 926 million UPI transactions in a single month.
- Beneficiary banks are the banks of the account holder who is receiving money. Paytm Payments Bank has also gained rapid traction as a remitter bank for UPI payments.
About Paytm Payments Bank:
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: Noida, UP
- Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Retail inflation rose 6-month high to 5.59% in December 2021
- Retail inflation in December 2021 rose to a six-month high of 5.59 per cent from 4.91 per cent in November 2021, mainly due to a sharp rise in food prices as food inflation for the period under review also rose steeply to 4.05 per cent against 1.87 per cent in November 2021.
- According to data released by the ministry of statistics and programme implementation, prices of cereals, egg, milk products and prepared meals went up during December 2021.
- Apart from these items, prices of clothing and footwear, education, health as well as recreation activities and transportation too witnessed a rise in December 2021 compared to November 2021.
UN projected India’s GDP growth at 6.5% in FY22 in its World Economic Situation and Prospects 2022 report
- The GDP growth forecast of India in fiscal 2022 is estimated to grow at 6.5 percent as per the United Nations World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2022 report.
- Earlier this was estimated at 8.4%. The WESP is a flagship report produced by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA). UN has projected the growth rate for fiscal 2023 (FY 2022-2023) at 5.9 percent.
- On a calendar year basis, the report says that India’s GDP is projected to expand by 6.7 percent in 2022 after a 9 percent expansion in the calendar year 2021, as base effects wane. GDP growth for the country is forecast to slow down to 6.1 percent in the calendar year 2023, the report said.
- After expanding by 5.5 percent in 2021, the global output is projected to grow by only 4.0 percent in 2022 and 3.5 percent in 2023.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%, 8.7% in 2022-23
- ICRA-9% in FY22 and FY23
- Fitch Ratings-8.4%
Forex reserves of India decline by USD 1.466 bn to USD 633.614 bn as per RBI data
- As per the latest Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, the foreign currency reserves of India declined by $1.466 billion to $633.614 billion, in the last week of 2021, which ended December 31, 2021.
- Gold reserves rose by USD 14 million to USD 39.405 billion. India’s forex touched a lifetime high of USD 642.453 billion in the week ended September 03, 2021.
- Forex reserves include foreign currency assets (FCAs), gold reserves, SDRs and the country’s reserve position with the IMF.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
UCO Bank Launched RuPay Select Contactless Debit Card in partnership with NPCI
- UCO Bank in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched the ‘UCO Bank RuPay Select Contactless Debit Card’ with a host of benefits for its premium/HNI (High Networth Individuals) customers.
- This launch was made on the occasion of the 79th Inauguration Day of the bank i.e., January 6, 2022.
- The card offers an ATM (Automated Teller Machine) withdrawal limit of Rs 50000 along with a purchase of up to Rs 2 lakh at POS (Point of Sale) or E-Commerce.
About UCO Bank:
- Establishment: 1943 (Incorporated as United Commercial Bank Limited)
- Headquarter: Kolkata, West Bengal
- MD and CEO: Soma Sankara Prasad
Appointment and Resignation
Raghuvendra Tanwar appointed chairman of Indian Council of Historical Research
- Professor emeritus, Kurukshetra University, Raghuvendra Tanwar has been appointed as chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR).
- Tanwar appointment is for a period of three years from the day he assumes the office of the Chairman of the Council or until further order.
- Tanwar, who joined Kurukshetra University as a lecturer in August 1977, has an outstanding academic record, with two gold medals in MA History.
About Indian Council of Historical Research:
- Founded:27 March 1972
- Headquarters:New Delhi
NIRAMAI Health Analytix & InnAccel Technologies received Global Women’s Health Tech Awards
- DBT-BIRAC supported start-ups, NIRAMAI Health Analytix Pvt Ltd, and InnAccel Technologies Pvt Ltd have received World Bank Group and Consumer Technology Association’s Global Women’s Health Tech Awards.
- The award recognizes innovative startups that leverage tech to improve women’s health and safety.
- NIRAMAI Health Analytix was selected for early-stage breast cancer medical device. InnAccel was selected for Fetal Lite, AI-powered fetal heart rate (FHR) monitor.
About World Bank:
- Founded: July 1944, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States
- Headquarters: Washington DC, USA
- President: David Robert Malpass
Savita Punia named captain of Indian women hockey team for Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022
- Goalkeeper Savita Punia will be the captain of the Indian squad at the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022 to be held in Muscat, Oman.
- Indian women are the defending champions at the continental event. Indian women’s hockey team features 16 players who were part of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, where the Indian eves finished fourth.
- Vice-captain: Deep Grace Ekka
- Other teams competing at Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022: China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand.
14 January: Indian Armed Forces Veterans Day
- Indian Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed on January 14 every year, since
- 6th Indian Armed Forces Veterans Day was celebrated on 14 January as a recognition of the services rendered by the first Commander-in-Chief of Indian Armed Forces, Field Marshal KM Cariappa, OBE who retired on 14 Jan 1953.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Bank & insurance Yearly Online Test Series
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP