Current Affairs 14th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Government to soon launch nationwide campaign ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ to inspire people to hoist national flag
- The Central government will soon launch a nationwide campaign Har Ghar Tiranga to inspire countrymen to hoist the national flag at their homes to mark the 75th Independence Day.
- The initiative has been taken under the aegis of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, for which the Ministry of Culture is the nodal ministry.
- The Indian National Flag is a symbol of national pride for the entire nation and to further honor the national flag, Union Home Minister Amit Shah who oversees all efforts under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav has approved the program of ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’.
Ola unveiled India’s first indigenously made lithium ion-cell
- Ola Electric has unveiled India’s first indigenously developed lithium-ion cell NMC 2170
- The company will begin mass production of the cell (NMC 2170) from its Chennai-based Gigafactory by 2023.
- Ola is building the world’s most advanced cell research center that will enable us to scale and innovate faster, and build the most advanced and affordable EV products in the world with speed.
- The company was recently allocated 20GWh capacity under the ACC PLI scheme by the govt for developing advanced cells in India.
- The Ola Electric had launched its first electric vehicle in August 2021 and has also set up the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturing facility in India.
Union Cabinet approved Gati Shakti University in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet has approved the up-gradation of the National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) to Gati Shakti University in Gujarat.
- This university would serve as a hub for education, training, skilling, and research in the transportation sector.
- This university is named after the government’s flagship ‘PM Gati Shakti’ National Master Plan for multimodal connectivity.
- In December 2017, Union Cabinet was approved a proposal of the railway ministry to set up the first-ever NRTU in Vadodara. Earlier in October 2016, the Prime Minister had announced the government’s intent to set up the university in Vadodara.
- The University is named after the government’s flagship Rs 100 trillion PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan for multimodal connectivity. It aims to build a holistic infrastructure in the country. It received its first-ever outlay of ₹20,000 crore in the budget of FY22-23.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Cabinet approved Taranga Hill-Ambaji-Abu Road new rail line
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved Taranga Hill-Ambaji-Abu Road new rail line in Gujarat and Rajasthan to provide connectivity and improve mobility.
- The estimated cost of this project is Rs 2798.16 crores and will be completed by 2026-27.
- The total length of the new rail line will be 116.65 km and will be constructed by the Ministry of Railways. The project will generate direct employment during construction for about 40 lakh man-days.
- The alignment of the proposed doubling will traverse through the Sirohi district of Rajasthan and the Banaskantha and Mahesana districts of Gujarat.
- Ambaji is a famous important pilgrimage destination and is one of the 51 Shaktipeeths in India and attracts millions of devotees from Gujarat as well as other parts of the country and abroad every year.
- The construction of this line will facilitate easy travel for these millions of devotees. Further, the devotees visiting the Ajitnath Jain temple (one of the 24 holy Jain Tirthankaras) at Taranga Hill would also be greatly benefitted by this connectivity.
- This line will facilitate faster movement of agricultural and local products and also provide improved mobility of the people in the region within the state of Gujarat and Rajasthan and also to other parts of the country.
- This project will also provide an alternative route for the existing Ahmedabad-Abu Road railway line.
Ahmedabad, Kerala among TIME’s list of world’s greatest places of 2022
- Ahmedabad city and the Kerala state have been listed by TIME magazine in its list of the ‘world’s greatest places of 2022.’
- They have been listed among the ‘50 extraordinary destinations to explore’.
- Kerala is one of India’s most beautiful states. With spectacular beaches and lush backwaters, temples, and palaces, it’s known as ‘God’s own country’ for good reason
- India’s first UNESCO World Heritage City, Ahmedabad boasts both ancient landmarks and contemporary innovations that make it a mecca for cultural tourism, from the serene Gandhi Ashram that sits on 36 acres on the banks of the Sabarmati River to Navratri, a vibrant nine-day celebration billed as the longest dance festival in the world.
- The list also includes Ras Al Khaimah, UAE; Park City, Utah; Seoul; Great Barrier Reef, Australia; The Arctic; Valencia, Spain; Trans Bhutan Trail, Bhutan; International Space Station; Bogota; Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia; Istanbul and Kigali, Rwanda.
UIDAI launched ‘AadhaarFaceRd’ mobile app to perform Aadhaar face authentication
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new mobile app named ‘AadhaarFaceRd’ to perform face authentication.
- Through this, an Aadhaar holder’s actual identity is validated and recorded in the databases of UIDAI which was captured at the time of Aadhaar enrolment.
- Residents are now using the Aadhaar Face Authentication feature by downloading the UIDAI RDApp, which can be used for various Aadhaar Authentication Apps like Jeevan Praman, PDS, Scholarship schemes, COWIN, Farmer Welfare schemes.
Global Gender Gap Index 2022: India ranked 135 and topped by Iceland
- The Global Gender Gap Index for 2022 has released by the World Economic Forum (WEF) and it ranks India at 135 out of 146 countries. In 2021, India was ranked 140 out of 156 countries.
- The country has scored 0.629 on a scale of 0 to 1, which is its seventh-highest score in the last 16 years.
- India also ranks poorly among its neighbours and is behind Bangladesh (71), Nepal (96), Sri Lanka (110), Maldives (117) and Bhutan (126).
- Only 11 countries are ranked below India on the index of 146 nations, with Afghanistan, Pakistan, Congo, Iran and Chad being the worst-five.
List of Ranking Index 2022
- World Happiness Report 2022: 136th; Finland topped
- World Press Freedom Index 2022: India ranked 150th; Norway topped
- Global Environmental Performance Index 2022: 180th; Denmark topped
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2022: 37th; Denmark topped
- V-Dem’s Democracy Report 2022: 93rd; Sweden topped
Global Gender Gap Index 2022
Banking and Financial
RBL Bank, IMGC partner to offer mortgage guarantee-backed home loans
- India Mortgage Guarantee Corp. (IMGC) has partnered with RBL Bank to offer mortgage guarantee-backed home loan products for salaried and non-salaried customers.
- This partnership with IMGC will help RBL Bank extend mortgage guarantee-backed home loans to new borrower segments through its network of over 500 branches across the country.
- The combined expertise would help create a conducive lending environment for early home ownership by ensuring timely disbursal of housing credit and longer tenure to customers.
- Founded – 1943
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – R Subramaniakumar
- Tagline – Apno ka Bank
RBI imposed penalties on Ola Financial Services for non-compliance provisions
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a fine of Rs 1.67 crore on Ola Financial Services Private Limited for non-compliance with certain provisions related to Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI) and Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
- The penalty has been imposed in exercise of powers vested in RBI under Section 30 of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- This action is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the entity with its customers
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI recently
- Bank of India – 70 Lakhs.
- Federal Bank – 5.72 Crore.
- Ola Financial Service – 1.67 Crore.
- The National Central Co-operative Bank – 2 Lakhs.
- The Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank – 37.50 Lakhs.
- The Nasik Merchant’s Co-operative Bank – 50 Lakhs.
TATA AIA partnerd with City Union Bank for life and health Insurance
- Tata AIA Life Insurance Co. Ltd has joined hands to create a strategic alliance with City Union Bank.
- Aim: To offer life and health insurance solutions to the Bank’s consumers.
- With the help of this partnership, the City Union Bank consumers (existing and new) will get benefit from Tata AIA Life’s diverse and innovative products and services spanning term insurance, savings and investment, and health.
SBICAP signed an MoU with MEA for Trilateral Development Cooperation Fund
- SBICAP Ventures Ltd (SVL), a subsidiary of the State Bank of India (SBI), has signed an MoU with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) for establishing the Trilateral Development Cooperation Fund (TDC Fund).
- The TDC Fund helps to route the India’s commitment of approx. Rs 175 crore to the Global Innovation Development Fund (GIP Fund).
- The GIP Fund is proposed to be established as an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) in partnership with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) under the India-UK Global Innovation Partnership (GIP).
- The GIP Fund will invest mainly in Indian small and medium enterprises that tackle development challenges in line with the goals and objectives of the GIP, and have successfully developed and tested viable social impact innovations that can be transferred and scaled up in third countries.
- The GIP Fund will target Indian innovative enterprises that are at an advanced stage but lack access to capital for expansion to other developing countries.
Appointment and Resignation
Mustafizur Rahman appointed as Bangladesh High Commissioner to India
- Bangladesh Government has appointed Mustafizur Rahman as the next High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India.
- He will succeed Muhammad Imran as the new High Commissioner.
- Mustafizur Rahman is currently serving as the Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations Office in Geneva & the Ambassador to Switzerland.
- He has also served as the Bangladesh High Commissioner to Singapore.
Agnikul Cosmos opened India’s first rocket engine factory in Chennai
- Space tech startup Agnikul Cosmos has inaugurated India’s first-ever factory to manufacture 3D-printed rocket engines in Chennai.
- The facility will use additive manufacturing technology to build 3D printed rocket engines, and will be used to produce engines for its own in-house rockets.
- It was unveiled by Tata Sons chairman N Chandrasekaran and ISRO chairman S Somanath in the presence of Pawan Goenka, the chairman of IN-SPACe (Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre).
- The 10,000-square-foot facility is located at IIT-Madras Research Park. It will have a 400mm x 400mm x 400mm metal 3D-printer from EOS that will enable end-to-end manufacturing of a rocket engine under one roof.
- The manufacturing facility has a capacity to make two rocket engines per week and thereby one launch vehicle every month.
- Agnikul was founded in 2017 by Srinath Ravichandran, Moin SPM and SR Chakravarthy (professor of IIT-Madras).
- In December 2020, Agnikul had signed an agreement with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) under the IN-SPACe initiative to have access to the space agency’s expertise and its facilities to build rocket engines.
13 July 2022 – Bhanubhakta Acharya’s 209th birth anniversary
- Renowned Nepali poet Bhanubhakta Acharya’s 209th birth anniversary was observed on 13 July 2022.
- He is known as ‘Adikavi’ for laying down the foundation stone of the Nepali language.
- He was the first writer to translate the great epic Ramayana from Sanskrit to Nepali.
- His birth anniversary is known as ‘Bhanu Jayanti’ & is celebrated by the people of Nepal, Darjeeling, and Sikkim.
British composer Monty Norman passes away
- Monty Norman a British composer who wrote the theme tune for the James Bond films has passed away.
- Norman was hired by producer Albert ‘Cubby’ Broccoli to compose a theme for the first James Bond film, ‘Dr. No’ released in 1962.
- His theme for James Bond, as arranged by John Barry, became the theme for the entire franchise.
- Monty Norman – British composer
- Enamul Haque – Renowned archaeologist
- Luis Echeverria – Former Mexico President
- B K Syngal – Father of Indian Internet
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs