Daily GK Update 14 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 13th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Under the Scheme: The Government of India transfers Rs 6,000 to the account of small and marginal farmers. These funds are transferred in three instalments. The first instalment of Rs 2,000 is made between April and June. Second Instalment is made between August and November. The third instalment is made between December and March.
Note: About PMKSN
- The scheme was begun in 2018.
- The scheme provides financial support to farmers who hold land ownership up to two hectares.
- Since its inception, the GoI has provided Rs 75,000 crores.
- It aims to cover 125 million farmers irrespective of their land size.
Delhi Police launched vehicle helpline ‘COVI Van’ for senior citizens
- Delhi Police has launched a helpline number for senior citizens who are struggling with their essential needs amid Covid-19.
- South District Police of the national capital has launched a COVI Van Helpline (012- 26241077) for senior citizens in the neighbourhood amid the coronavirus situation here.
International (Current Affairs)
India received $83 billion in remittances in 2020: World Bank
- India received over USD83 billion in remittances in 2020, a drop of just 0.2 per cent from the previous year, despite a pandemic that devastated the world economy, according to a World Bank.
Note: Top 5
- 2nd Place: China- USD 59.5 billion
- 3rd Place: Mexico-USD42.8 billion
- 4th Place: Philippines USD34.9 billion
- 5th Place: Egypt- USD29.6 billion
- 6th Place: Pakistan- USD26 billion
Banking & Financial
RBI cancels licence of United Co-operative Bank
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of United Co-operative Bank Ltd over inadequate capital, regulatory non-compliance, based in Bagnan, West Bengal.
- Through an order dated May 10, 2021, the central bank has prohibited the co-operative lender from carrying on banking business, with effect from the close of business on May 13, 2021.
- RBI said it cancelled the licence as United Co-operative Bank did not have adequate capital and earning prospects. “As such, it does not comply with the provisions of section 11(1) and section 22(3)(d) read with section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
PayPal introduces digital foreign inward remittance advice
- Digital payments provider PayPal has introduced an automated process to obtain monthly foreign inward remittance advice (FIRA), allowing Indian merchants to download their monthly digital FIRA issued by banks.
- The automated process will not require sellers to place manual and individual requests, thereby reducing the time taken to file the paperwork. The initiatives at zero cost are aimed to empower Indian MSME exporters to seamlessly grow their business internationally.
HDFC Bank projects India’s GDP growth for FY22 at 10%
- HDFC Bank has cut India’s growth projection to 10 per cent from 11.5 per cent for the current financial year, citing the adverse effect of the second Covid-19 wave.
- In a worst-case scenario of COVID-19, the bank has predicted the GDP rate to be at 8%.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- S&P Global Ratings-11%
- HSBC: 11.2%
Martin Griffiths appointed new UN Humanitarian Chief
- Veteran British diplomat Martin Griffiths has been appointed as the new Chief at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), for a period of five years.
- Griffiths will replace Mark Lowcock as the new Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (USG/ERC) of OCHA. He is currently serving as the United Nations Special Envoy for Yemen.
Note: About OCHA
- Founded: 19 December 1991;
- Headquarters: New York, United States and İstanbul, Turkey.
Ramesh Powar appointed Head Coach of Indian Women’s Cricket team
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announces the appointment of Ramesh Powar as the Head Coach of Team India (Senior Women).
- The three-member Cricket Advisory Committee comprising Sulakshana Naik, Madan Lal and Rudra Pratap Singh interviewed the applicants and unanimously agreed on Powar’s candidature. A former international, Powar played 2 Tests and 31 ODIs for India.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|