Current Affairs 14 October 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Gati Shakti: Modi launches 100-lakh crore national master plan for multi-modal connectivity
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a Rs 100 lakh crore national master plan called “Gati Shakti National Master Plan” on October 13, 2021.
- This plan was launched for multi-modal connectivity with the aim of developing infrastructure to reduce logistic costs and boost Indian economy. PM Gati Shakti seeks to cut logistic costs, reduce turnaround time and increase cargo handling capacity.
- Aims: This plan aims to lend more power and speed to projects by connecting all the concerned departments on one platform. Under the plan, infrastructure schemes of several ministries and state governments will be executed and designed with a common vision.
International (Current Affairs)
India at 3rd position in RE Investment attractiveness index, US Tops
- RE Investment attractive index ranks the world’s top 40 nations with respect to attractiveness of their deployment opportunities and renewable energy.
- In the index, India retains its third position while US retains the top position, China has been ranked at second position.
- According to Index, corporate power purchase agreements were the key driver of clean energy growth in the light that, environment, social, and governance measures are becoming top agenda for companies and investors.
Global Hunger Index 2021 ranks India at 101 out of 116 countries
- The Global Hunger Index 2021 launched on 14th Oct ranked India at 101 position out of a total 116 countries. India is also among the 31 countries where hunger has been identified as serious. India ranked 94 among 107 countries in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) released last year.
- India was also behind most of the neighbouring countries. Pakistan was placed at 92 rank, Nepal at 76 and Bangladesh also at 76.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- World Press Freedom Index, 2021: 142nd
- World Competitiveness Index 2021-43rd
- Global Peace Index 2021: 135th
- Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021: 20th
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021: 2nd
- Henley Passport index 2021: 90th
Banking & Financial
RBI grants banking licence to Unity Small Finance Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has granted a banking licence to Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd (USFBL), which was established jointly by the Centrum Financial Services Ltd (CFSL) and Resilient Innovations Private Limited (BharatPe), to carry on a SFB business in India.
- It is the first time ever that two partners are uniting equally to build a Bank. The proposed business model is one of collaboration and open architecture, uniting all its stakeholders to deliver a seamless digital experience.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor: T Rabi Sankar
- Executive director (ED): Ajay Kumar
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches Micro ATMs across India
- The private lender Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has announced the launch of Micro ATMs across the country. Customers of all banks who possess a debit card can use a Kotak Micro ATM for key banking services such as cash withdrawals and checking account balances.
- A mini version of an ATM, micro ATMs are small handheld devices. The bank will use its extensive Business Correspondents (BC) network to launch micro ATMs.
Note: About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Establishment: 2003;
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak.
Dr Randeep Guleria bags 22nd Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award
- The Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu presented the 22nd Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence to the eminent pulmonologist and Director of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Dr Randeep Guleria at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas.
- He lauded Dr Guleria’s devotion to duty and in nurturing the Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders in AIIMS.
Sajjan Jindal appointed chairman of World Steel Association
- World Steel Association (WSA) has elected Sajjan Jindal, Chairman and Managing Director of JSW Steel Ltd, as Chairman for the year 2021-22.
- Jindal is the first representative from India to serve as Chairman of the WSA. JSW Steel is the flagship business of the diversified $13 billion JSW Group and engaged in the manufacturing of iron and steel products in India and across the globe.
Note: About World Steel Association
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Founded: 10 July 1967
13 October: International Day for Disaster Reduction
- The United Nations International Day for Disaster Reduction is held annually on 13 October since 1989.
- The day is celebrated to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction and also celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters and raising awareness about the importance of reining in the risks that they face.
- Theme 2021: “International cooperation for developing countries to reduce their disaster risk and disaster losses”.
October 14: World Standards Day
- World Standards Day, also called International Standards Day, is celebrated globally on October 14 every year. The day is marked to raise awareness about the importance of standardization in the global economy among the consumers, regulators and industry.
- Theme 2021: ‘Standards for sustainable development goals- a shared vision for a better future’.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|