Daily GK Update 15 , 16 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 16th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Malerkotla To Be Punjab’s 23rd District: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on 14th May announced the creation of Malerkotla, a new district in his state.
- It has been carved out of the state’s only Muslim-majority town, 35 km from Sangrur district. Adjoining Amargarh and Ahmedgarh will also be part of Punjab’s 23rd district.
International (Current Affairs)
KP Sharma Oli reappointed as the PM of Nepal
- KP Sharma Oli was sworn in as Nepal’s Prime Minister for the third time on 14th May, days after he lost a vote of confidence in Parliament. He was reappointed to the post on 13th May as the Opposition parties failed to secure majority seats in Parliament to form a new government.
- He previously served as prime minister from October 11, 2015 to August 3, 2016 and again from February 15, 2018 to May 13, 2021.
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Indian/Nepali rupee
- President: Bidya Devi Bhandari
Cyclone Taukate hit many state
- Cyclone Taukate has obtained its maximum intensity in the wee hours of Sunday and has now become a Very Severe Cyclonic Storm (wind speed of 118 to 166 km / hr).
- The latest cyclone alert issued by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has said that this storm would reach close to Gujarat coast, Maharashtra, Goa. Light to moderate intensity rainfall is expected to continue over coastal Karnataka and Kerala till Monday.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently)
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
- Tropical cyclone Seroja: Australia
New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern Tops Fortune’s World’s 50 Greatest Leaders 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern has topped the ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list for 2021, released by Fortune Magazine.
- The ‘World’s 50 Greatest Leaders’ list for 2021 is the eighth edition of the annual list which celebrates leaders, some well-known and others who aren’t so familiar, who made a difference amid the “truly unprecedented times” of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- From India, Adar Poonawalla, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Serum Institute of India (SII) is the only Indian among the top 10 names. He is placed in the 10th spot.
Banking & Financial
RBI excludes Lakshmi Vilas Bank from second schedule of RBI Act
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has excluded Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) from the Second Schedule of the RBI Act after it was merged with DBS Bank India Ltd (DBIL) last year.
- LVB is the second private sector bank after Yes Bank which has run into rough weather during this year. In March, capital-starved Yes Bank was placed under a moratorium. The government rescued Yes Bank by asking the state-run State Bank of India to infuse Rs 7,250 crore and take a 45 percent stake in the bank.
- “We advise that the “Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd” has been excluded from the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 with effect from November 27, 2020, vide Notification DOR.PSBD.No.1849/16.01.067/2020-21 dated December 17, 2020, which is published in the Gazette of India (Part III – Section 4) dated January 16 – January 22, 2021.
Airtel Payments Bank launches Digigold
- Airtel Payments Bank has launched “DigiGold”, a digital platform for customers to make investments in gold. This has been rolled out in partnership with SafeGold, a provider of digital gold.
- With DigiGold, Airtel Payments Bank’s saving account customers can invest in 24K gold using the Airtel Thanks app. Customers can also gift DigiGold to their family and friends, who have a savings account with Airtel Payments Bank.
Note: About Airtel Payments Bank
- CEO: Anubrata Biswas
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Tagline: Banking Is Now At Your Fingertips India’s First Payment Bank
Women’s Rugby World Cup 2022 in New Zealand
- The dates for next year’s Women’s Rugby World Cup in New Zealand have been announced with the Tournament to run from October 8 to November 12, 2022.
- The 12-team Tournament which was due to be held this year in Auckland and Whangarei was postponed due to Covid-19.
16 May: International Day of Living Together in Peace
- The International Day of Living Together in Peace is held on 16th May every year since 2018.
- The Day speaks about accepting differences and having the ability to listen to, recognize and respect others and promote peace, moderation, tolerance, inclusion, understanding and solidarity.
16th May: International Day of Light
- The International Day of Light celebrates the role light plays in science, culture and art, education, and sustainable development, and in fields as diverse as medicine, communications, and energy.
- The celebration will allow many different sectors of society worldwide to participate in activities that demonstrates how science, technology, art and culture can help achieve the goals of UNESCO – building the foundation for peaceful societies.
15 May: International Day of the Family
- May 15 is observed as the International Day of Families by the United Nations. The International Day of Families was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993 so as to dedicate the whole day to families and appreciate their importance. Since 1994, May 15 is celebrated as Family Day.
- Theme 2021: “Families and New Technologies.”
Times Group chairperson Indu Jain passes away
- Chairperson of The Times Group and The Times Foundation, Indu Jain passed away.
- She was 84. She became the chairperson in 1999 and was lauded for her charismatic style of leadership and innovative ideas that took the group to new heights of success. In 2016, she was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|