Current Affairs 15th February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Maru Mahotsav or Jaisalmer Desert Festival celebrated in Rajasthan
- The renowned Jaisalmer Desert Festival, also known as Maru Mahotsav of the Golden City started from 13 to 16 February 2022 at Pokaran village in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan Minority Affairs Minister, Shale Mohammad flagged off the event. The festival is celebrated amidst the beautiful dunes of the Thar Desert in the Sam dunes (42 kilometers from Jaisalmer).
- It is a four-day-long annual event started with a colorful grand procession followed by Miss Pokaran and Mister Pokran competitions. Regional folk dances such as Kalbelia, Kachhi Ghodi, Gair will be performed.
Famous festivals of Rajasthan:
- Pushkar Camel Fair
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 14.5 km long rail-cum-road-bridge over Ganga River in Bihar
- The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar jointly inaugurated the 14.5 km long rail-cum-road-bridge over Ganga River at Munger, Bihar.
- It has been constructed on NH 333B at the cost of Rs 696 crores. It will get rid of traffic jams, fuel will be saved and traffic will accelerate, along with reducing cost.
- One of Bihar’s major tourist and pilgrimage sites, the city of Munger is well known for its rich ancient history, culture, education, and commerce. With the construction of this Rail-cum-Road-Bridge, the distance from Munger to Khagaria will be less than 100 kilometres and also, the distance from Munger to Begusarai will be less than 20 kilometres.
- Capital: Patna
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
Govt sanctioned Rs 24 crores for cleaning Gomati River to boost Indo-Bangla waterway project
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways has sanctioned Rs 24.53 crore for cleaning Gomati, a transboundary river between India and Bangladesh, and setting up 10 jetties for a waterway project to boost Indo-Bangla Waterway Project.
- 10 floating jetties will be constructed from Udaipur in the Gomati district, Tripura to Sonamura, Tripura. Inland Waterways Authority of India will help the local administration for the strategic project.
- Out of 93-kilometres proposed waterway from Sonamura in Tripura’s Sepahijala district to Daudkandi in Bangladesh, around 15.5-km stretch requires cleaning. Out of 15.5 km of river, only 1.5-km stretch is in India and the other 14-km is in Bangladesh.
- A permanent jetty would come up near Srimantapur Land Customs Station in Sonamura, Tripura with an estimated cost of Rs 5.04 crore. The MoPSW, India has set a goal to bring vessels with a carrying capacity of 200-300 tonnes from Daudkandi to Sonamura by the end of May 2022.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
Dabur India became India’s first 100% Plastic Waste Neutral FMCG Company
- Dabur India Limited (Dabur), one of India’s leading Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies, announced that the company has become India’s 1st 100% Plastic Waste Neutral company.
- Dabur is the first FMCG company to achieve this feat. Dabur collects, processes and recycles the same amount of plastic waste that is sold in its product packaging in a year, as a result of this the company has become a ‘Plastic Waste Neutral company’.
- Dabur launched its plastic waste management initiative in 2017-2018. Under this initiative, as of February 2022, Dabur has collected a total of over 54,000 MT of plastic waste from across India.
About Dabur India Limited:
- Founded: 1884
- Founder: S. K. Burman
- Headquarters: Ghaziabad
- CEO: Mohit Malhotra
Finance Ministry granted Rs 1154.90 crores for Urban Local Bodies of AP, Bihar, Gujarat, & Sikkim
- Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has released an amount of Rs 1154.90 crore to four states Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, and Sikkim for providing grants to Urban Local Bodies.
- These grants released are meant for Non-Million Plus cities including Cantonment Boards. The 15th Finance Commission in its report for 2021-22 to 2025-26 has divided Urban Local Bodies into two categories.
- These are Million-Plus urban agglomerations and cities excluding Delhi and Srinagar, and all other cities and towns with less than one million population. The 15th Finance Commission has recommended separate grants for them. Out of the total grants recommended by the Commission for Non-Million Plus cities, 40% is a basic grant and the remaining 60% is a tied grant.
Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba declared as President of Burkina Faso
- In Burkina Faso, the military junta has appointed lieutenant colonel Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba as the interim President of the country following the military coup.
- Burkina Faso military coup took place on January 24, 2022, which was led by Damiba. After this, President Roch Marc Christian Kaboré and Prime Minister Lassina Zerbo were disposed from their position, and parliament and constitution were declared dissolved
- One of the world’s poorest and most volatile countries, Burkina Faso is struggling with a jihadist campaign that has claimed more than 2,000 lives and forced around 1.5 million to flee their homes.
About Burkina Faso:
- Capital: Ouagadougou
- Currency: West African CFA franc
- President: Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba
Banking and Financial
CBI booked Gujarat-based ABG Shipyard Limited for India’s biggest–ever case of bank fraud of ₹22,842 crores
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has booked ABG Shipyard for alleged Rs 22,842 crores financial fraud, which is the biggest bank fraud case ever registered. Company was engaged in diversion of funds, misappropriation, criminal breach of trust.
- ABG Shipyard is the flagship entity of ABG Group. It has cheated a consortium of 28 banks and financial institutions of Rs. 22,842 crores. This is the biggest bank fraud case ever registered by the CBI.
- The case pertained to funds gotten and misused during the 2012-17 period. FIR has been filed in which Rishi Agarwal (CMD of ABG Shipyard) has also been booked.
- This consortium was led by ICICI Bank. Of this, ABG Shipyard owes Rs. 7,089 crores to ICICI Bank, Rs. 3,639 crores to IDBI Bank, Rs. 2,925 crores to State Bank, Rs. 1,614 crores to Bank of Baroda, and Rs. 1,244 crores to Punjab National Bank, among others.
About ABG Shipyard:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1985
MoSPI projected GDP deflator forecast for FY23 at 3-3.5%
- The Ministry of statistics and programme implementation (MoSPI) projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) deflator for FY23 at 3 to 3.5%.
- The Government’s own projection on real GDP growth for FY23 is at 7.6-8.1% and the union budget projected nominal GDP growth rate to be 11.1% for FY23. GDP Projection in the Budget is based on advance estimates of ‘National Statistical Office’ (NSO).
- Economic Survey 2021-22 projected a real GDP growth rate of 8-8.5 percent in FY23. RBI projected India’s real GDP growth of 7.8 percent in FY23 and retail inflation of 4.5 percent for FY23.
- GDP deflator, or implicit price deflator, is a measure of inflation and is the difference between nominal GDP and real GDP.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- RBI: 9.5%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 3% (9 jan update), 7.6% in FY23
- Care Rating– 8.8 to 9%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- National Statistical Office (NSO): 2% in the financial year 2021-22, 6.6% in 2020-21
- Economic Survey 2021-22: 8-8.5% for FY23
Retail inflation rose to 6.01% in January, just above RBI’s upper limit
- India’s retail inflation, as measured by the consumer price index (CPI), accelerated to 6.01% in the month of January, breaching the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) tolerance band of 6%, albeit marginally.
- The surge in inflation print was driven by higher consumer goods and telecom prices along with a comparatively low rate a year ago.
- Inflation, as measured by the consumer price index (CPI) was 5.66% in the preceding month of December.
- The Central bank’s monetary policy has been given the mandate to maintain annual inflation at 4% until March 31, 2026, with an upper tolerance of 6% and a lower tolerance of 2%.
Appointment and Resignation
Ravi Chopra resigned as Chairman of Supreme Court appointed panel on Char Dham project
- Veteran environmentalist Ravi Chopra has resigned as Chairman and member of High Powered Committee (HPC) for Char Dham project, appointed by Supreme Court.
- He was assigned the chairmanship of HPC in September 2019 to oversee all-weather road widening project in the Char Dham circuit.
- Char Dham Road Project envisages the widening of 10 meters roads to improve accessibility to Char Dham (Four shrines): Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath, Kedarnath.
Ilker Ayci appointed as MD and CEO of Air India
- Tata Sons have appointed Ilker Ayci, former Turkish Airlines Chairman as the new MD and CEO of Air India and he will resume his responsibilities on or before April 1, 2022.
- Born in Istanbul, Ilker Ayci Studied at Bilkent University’s Department of Political Science and Public Administration in 1994. In 2015, he was appointed as the Chairman of Turkish Airlines.
- Ilker Ayci was awarded the Order of the Rising Sun and Golden Rays with a Neck Ribbon by The Emperor of Japan.
About Air India:
- Founder: R. D. Tata
- Founded: 1932
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- MD and CEO: Ilker Ayci
IAF to showcase LCA Tejas at Singapore Air Show 2022
- Indian Air Force will showcase Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) at the four-day Singapore Air Show 2022. LCA Tejas will display low-level aerobatics to showcase its superior handling characteristics and maneuverability.
- The 44-member contingents of Indian Air Force (IAF) will participate in the Show-2022. The IAF will showcase its indigenous Tejas MK-I ac during the event. It will also interact with counterparts from RSAF (Royal Singapore Air Force) & other participating contingents.
- Singapore Air Show is scheduled to be held from February 15 to 18, 2022. It is a biennial event for the Global Aviation Industry to showcase their products.
Jio announced JV with SES to provide satellite-based broadband services
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)’s Jio Platform Ltd has announced the joint venture with Société Européenne des Satellites (SES), a Luxembourg firm, to offer satellite-based broadband communication in India.
- It is a multi-year capacity purchase agreement, purchase of gateways and equipment with a total value of circa USD 100 million.
- Under this, Jio Platforms has formed a joint venture with SES, named as Jio Space Technology.
- Under the partnership, Jio will offer next-generation affordable and scalable broadband services in India leveraging satellite technology. It will leverage SES-12, SES’s high-throughput GEO satellite serving India, and O3b mPOWER, SES’s next-generation MEO constellation to increase access to digital services and applications.
- Under the joint venture, JPL owns 51% and SES owns 49%. This venture will use multi-orbit space networks that are a combination of geostationary (GEO) and medium earth orbit (MEO) satellite constellations.
About Société Européenne des Satellites (SES):
- Founded: 1985
- CEO: Steve Collar
- Headquarters: Betzdorf, Luxembourg
Indian Railways will set up country’s biggest Wrestling Academy
- Ministry of Railways has approved to set up a state-of-art wrestling academy in Indian Railways, at Kishanganj, Delhi.
- The wrestling academy will be the biggest in India and equipped with advanced training facilities to promote the sports of wrestling in the country. The project will be set up at an estimated cost ofRs 30.76 crores.
- According to the ministry, the national transporter has played a key role in promoting wrestling in the country and most of the elite wrestlers in India are from Indian Railways.
Book and Author
Bill Gates authored a new book titled ‘How to Prevent the Next Pandemic’
- A book titled ‘How to Prevent the Next Pandemic’ has authored by Bill Gates will be published this year in May 2022.
- In the book Bill Gates has written about specific steps that can only stop future pandemics but, in the process, provide better health care for everyone around the world.
- His last book, “How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need”, was released in February 2021. The book, to be published by Penguin Random House internationally and Knopf in the US.
11 February: FICCI CASCADE launched ‘Anti-Smuggling Day’
- FICCI’s Committee Against Smuggling and Counterfeiting Activities Destroying the Economy (CASCADE) has taken the initiative to launch Anti-Smuggling Day, which will be marked on 11 February every year. The inaugural Anti-Smuggling Day was observed on February 11, 2022.
- Anti-Smuggling Day will gather momentum and bring together policymakers, international institutions, enforcement agencies, industry members, media, and consumers for their commitment to take action to fight against the global menace of smuggling.
- ‘Anti-Smuggling Day’ will represent a major step in the fight against the global menace of smuggling. With no country immune to the impact of smuggling and no single sector can be said to be an exception, this day will highlight the mounting hazard of smuggling.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI):
- Founded: 1927
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Sanjiv Mehta
- Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
- Director-General: Arun Chawla
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs