Daily GK Update 15 July 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Ladakh signs MoU with Sikkim to turn UT organic
- In its first step towards making the union territory of Ladakh organic, the administration of Ladakh on 14th July signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Sikkim State Organic Certification Agency (SOCCA).
- A tripartite MOU has been signed between Ladakh and SSOCA regarding the implementation of Prampragat Krishi Vikas Yojana and Mission Organic Development Initiative (MODI) in the Ladakh region with the aim to convert Ladakh into organic by 2025.
- The main objective of this MOU is to get the organic certification after a tie-up with the Government of India.
- Sikkim is the first state that is 100 per cent organic with all of its farmland certified organic. The use and sale of chemical fertilizers and pesticides are banned in Sikkim.
Note: About Sikkim
- Capital: Gangtok
- Governor: Ganga Prasad
- Chief minister: Prem Singh Tamang
PM Modi inaugurates International Cooperation & Convention Centre ‘Rudraksh’ in Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th July inaugurated the International Cooperation and Convention Centre – Rudraksh in Varanasi, which has been constructed with Japanese assistance.
- Then he inspected the Maternal and Child Health Wing, BHU. He also met with officials and medical professionals to review Covid preparedness.
IAHE signs pact with University of New South Wales for setting up centre of excellence CATTS
- The Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE), under the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MORTH), has signed an Agreement with University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia for setting up a Centre for Advanced Transportation Technology and Systems (CATTS) at IAHE, Noida.
- The Agreement is for a project for capacity building, technology transfer and creation of enabling environment for establishment of CATTS in IAHE.
Piyush Goyal appointed Leader of House in Rajya Sabha
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal has been appointed as the Leader of the House in Rajya Sabha. His appointment is effective from July 06, 2021. He will succeed Thawar Chand Gahlot, who has taken charge as the Governor of Karnataka.
- Mr. Goyal, a two-time Rajya Sabha MP, is currently the deputy leader of the NDA as well as the Union Minister in the Cabinet. He is serving as the Union Minister of Textiles, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
Banking & Financial
RBI’s ban on Mastercard may hit card issuance of private lenders
- Card issuance by banks and credit card issuers that have co-branded credit cards with vendors on the Mastercard platform or exclusive tie-ups with the payment network for their own credit card issuance will take a hit for the time being now that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has barred Mastercard from onboarding new customers over non-compliance with local data storage regulations.
- Axis Bank, which is one of the largest credit card issuers in the country, has a co-branded credit card with Flipkart on the Mastercard platform.
- Similarly, SBI Credit Card has co-branded credit cards with TATA Capital and Club Vistara on the Mastercard platform. RBL bank also has a co-branded credit card with Bookmyshow on the Mastercard platform.
RBI Launches ‘Retail Direct Scheme’
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 13th July announced the ‘RBI Retail Direct’ scheme for retail investors, through which they can directly buy and sell government securities (G-Secs), both primary and secondary.
- As per the central bank, under the ‘RBI Retail Direct’ scheme, retail investors (individuals) will have the facility to open and maintain the ‘Retail Direct Gilt Account’ (RDG Account) with the RBI. “RDG account can be opened through an online portal provided for the purpose of the scheme.
- The bond-buying window was opened to increase retail participation in G-Secs and democratize ownership of G-Secs beyond the managers of pooled resources such as banks and mutual funds. The date of commencement of the scheme will be announced later.
RBI cancels licence of Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Nilanga, Latur, as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- The bank has been prohibited from conducting the business of ”banking” that includes acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits with immediate effect.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
AR Rahman launch Tokyo Olympics cheer song “Hindustani Way”
- Singer Ananya Birla has teamed up with music maestro AR Rahman to launch a cheer song for Indian sports personalities as they gear up for Tokyo Olympics.
- Titled “Hindustani Way”, the song has been sung by Ananya and composed by Rahman.
15th July: World Youth Skills Day
- The World Youth Skills Day, an event organised by the United Nations (UN), celebrates the strategic importance of equipping the youth with skills for employment, entrepreneurship and work. It is observed on July 15 every year. The day first came into existence back in 2014.
- The events of the day provide an opportunity for dialogue between young people, firms, employers’ and workers’ organizations, policy makers, technical and vocational education and training institutions, and development partners.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|