Current Affairs 15th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi to chair first chief secretaries’ meet in Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the first national conference of chief secretaries at Dharamshala to prepare a common development agenda for higher economic growth, ahead of the Governing Council Meeting of NITI Aayog later in the year.
- The conference of chief secretaries will be held at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association stadium with more than 200 people in attendance, representing the central government, all states/Union Territories and domain experts.
- Three themes have been identified for detailed deliberations in the conference: implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP), urban governance, and crop diversification and achieving self-sufficiency in oilseeds, pulses and other agri-commodities.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
India’s 1st private train service between Coimbatore and Shirdi flagged off under ‘Bharat Gaurav Scheme’
- Under the ‘Bharat Gaurav’ scheme of the Indian Railways, the first train to be operated between Coimbatore and Shirdi by a private operator has been flagged off.
- Ministry of Tourism has informed that the first ever Bharat Gaurav Train has been flagged off on Coimbatore north to Sainagar Shirdi route. The train will cover several historical destinations on the route while giving the passengers an insight into the cultural heritage of the country.
- Indian Railways had launched the operation of theme-based Bharat Gaurav train in the month of November 2021. The objective of this theme is to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav Trains.
Cabinet approved development of new Greenfield airport in Dholera, Gujarat
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal for development of Phase 1 of new greenfield airport in Dholera, Gujarat at an estimated cost of 1,305 crores. The project is estimated to be completed by 2025-26.
- Dholera International Airport Company Limited, a joint venture company comprising Airports Authority of India, Government of Gujarat and National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust, holding equity in the ratio of 51:33:16, is implementing the project.
About Airports Authority of India (AAI):
- Founded: 1 April 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Sanjeev Kumar
Russia became India’s 2nd biggest oil supplier
- Russia has taken over Saudi Arabia to become India’s second-biggest supplier of oil behind Iraq as refiners grab Russian crude available at a deep discount following the war in Ukraine.
- Indian refiners bought about 25 million barrels of Russian oil in May or over 16 per cent of all their oil imports.
- India, the world’s third-biggest oil-importing and consuming nation, has long defended purchases of crude oil from Russia following President Vladimir Putin ordering the invasion of Ukraine.
- Iraq remained the top supplier to India in May and Saudi Arabia is now the third biggest supplier.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
Global Startup Ecosystem ranking: Bengaluru ranked 22nd
- As per the report released by the policy advisory and research firm Startup Genome, the city of Bengaluru has moved up to number 22 in the Global Startup Ecosystem ranking.
- Bengaluru’s tech ecosystem value is at $105 billion which is higher than that of Singapore at $89 billion and Tokyo at $62 billion, report showed.
- In 2021, Bangalore also beat out both Beijing and Shanghai in the amount of venture capital raised and number of rounds, according to London & Partners and Dealroom.
- Kerala has been ranked first in Asia in Affordable Talent in Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER). The State has also been ranked fourth in global ranking.
Google announced a startup accelerator program for women founders
- Google announced a startup accelerator program for women founders. The program will help them address challenges such as fundraising and hiring. Google for Startups Accelerator India – Women Founders will run from Jul-2022 to Sep-2022.
- The inaugural batch of the ‘Google for Startups Accelerator – India Women Founders’ will accept up to 20 women-founded / co-founded startups in the country, and support them through a three-month program.
- Google is looking for Indian startups that are solving problems using advanced technology like AI/ML or data in healthcare, education, finance, media & entertainment, gaming, enterprise & other industries and that can scale globally.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
Banking and Financial
WPI inflation spiked to 15.88% in May 2022, highest in 30-years
- Wholesale price inflation spiked to 15.88% in May, the highest since September 1991 as a surge in price pressure in food and fuel overwhelmed a moderation in the dominant manufactured product segment. In April, the WPI inflation was recorded at 15.08%.
- Inflation based on the wholesale price index (WPI) has remained in double digits for 14 months now, mirroring elevated global commodity prices, especially of oil, according to the official data released.
Recent WPI-based Wholesale inflation in India:
• January: 12.96%
• February: 13.11%
• March: 14.55%
• April: 15.08%
Trade deficit of India broadens to $24.29 billion in May 2022
- Trade data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry showed that India’s May trade deficit widened to $24.29 billion from $6.53 billion a year ago.
- May’s trade deficit was pushed up by a surge in imports, which rose 62.83% year-on-year to $63.22 billion, while exports rose 20.55% to $38.94 billion.
- India’s merchandise exports in the month of May rose by 20.55% to $38.94 billion. Imports grew by 62.83% to $63.22 billion. The trade deficit stood at $6.53 billion on May 2021. Cumulative exports in April-May 2022-23 rose by about 25% to $78.72 billion. Imports in April-May 2022-23 rose 45.42% to $123.41 billion.
CASHe has launched an industry-first credit line service on WhatsApp
- Financial wellness platform CASHe has launched an industry-first credit line service using its AI-powered chat capability on WhatsApp to provide customers with a fast, seamless and convenient way to access instant credit line by merely typing their name.
- CASHe’s WhatsApp chat service is built on the WhatsApp Business Platform, an enterprise solution that allows businesses to communicate with new and existing customers on WhatsApp in a simple, secure, and reliable way.
CCI approved acquisition of 24.98% in IIFL by BC Asia investments
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of 24.98% stake in IIFL Wealth Management (IIFLWM) by BC Asia Investments X Ltd.
- IIFL Wealth Management Ltd is a wealth management subsidiary of IIFL Holdings Ltd.
- BC Asia Investments X Ltd is indirectly held by Bain Capital Investors LLC (Bain Private Equity). Bain Private Equity is a private equity firm that invests in companies across many industries.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
- Founded: 14 October 2003
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Ashok Kumar Gupta
Adani Transmission’s $700 million loan gets ‘green loan’ tag
- Adani Transmission Limited’s $700 million revolving loan facility has been tagged as ‘green loan’ by This provides assurance on the green loan framework for the revolving facility.
- A revolving loan facility is a flexible financing tool that provides the borrower with the ability to draw down or withdraw, repay, and withdraw again.
- The projects associated with the USD 700 million revolving facility are being implemented in Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- In October 2021, the company in a regulatory filing had announced raising USD 700 million for its under-construction transmission asset portfolio through the definitive agreements signed with leading international banks.
Appointment and Resignation
Indian born American Arati Prabhakar to be appointed as science adviser to the President of US
- US president Joe Biden is expected to name Arati Prabhakar as the head of the White House Office of Science and TechnologyPolicy (OSTP).
- Arati also served in top roles during the presidential tenures of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. The Clinton administration picked her to lead the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Obama administration picked her to lead the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
- Arati was born in India and raised in Texas. She completed her Ph.D from the California Institute of Technology in 1984 following which she spent 7 years as a program manager at DARPA before leading the NIST.
Anand Mahindra, Venu Srinivasan, Pankaj Patel, and Ravindra Dholakia appointed as part-time non-official Directors on the central board of RBI
- The government has nominated Anand Gopal Mahindra, Venu Srinivasan, Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel, and Ravindra H. Dholakia as part-time non-official Directors on the central board of RBI for tenure of 4 years.
- RBI’s affairs are governed by a central board of directors. The board is appointed by the Government of India in keeping with the Reserve Bank of India Act.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Neeraj Chopra won silver at Paavo Nurmi Games; created new national record of 89.30 m throw
- India’s ace javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra broke his own national record to set a new one as he threw 89.30 metres, putting him on the second spot in a star-studded field at the Paavo Nurmi Games in Turku, Finland.
- Chopra’s earlier national record was 88.07m which he had set in Patiala in March last year. On August 7, 2021, he won the Tokyo Olympics gold with a throw of 87.58m.
- The Paavo Nurmi Games, a gold event in the World Athletics Continental Tour, is one of the biggest track-and-field competitions outside the Diamond League and this year’s event had a super stacked field.
The Sports Authority of India sanctioned Rs.6.52 crore pocket allowances for Khelo India athletes
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has sanctioned ₹6.52 crore in out of pocket allowance (OPA) for 2,189 Khelo India athletes across 21 disciplines, including para.
- A financial assistance of ₹6.28 lakhs is allocated for each residential athlete training at the accredited academies as per the annual Khelo India scholarship scheme.
About Sports Authority of India (SAI):
- Formed: 1984
- Headquarters: Delhi, India
- Sports Secretary-cum-Director General: Sandip Pradhan
15 June: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day came into existence in June 2006. It is a social issue that affects the mental well-being of millions of senior citizens across the globe. To spread awareness on the issue, world elder abuse day is observed on June 15.
- In the year 2011, the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- Theme 2022: “Digital Equity for All Ages”
15 June: Global Wind Day
- Global Wind Day which is also known as World Wind Day is observed every year on June 15 to realize, address and execute the wind energy and the possibilities that it brings along for the future.
- World Wind Day 2022 highlights the significance of clean energy and how it should be on priority when it comes to keeping the civilization alive and intact.
- European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) announced the first Global Wind Day in 2007. The Association had joined hands with the Global Wind Energy Council in 2009 and since then it has been celebrated as a global event.
- Theme 2022: ‘We are #InWithWind, are you?’
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs