Current Affairs 16th, 17th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM dedicated K. K. Patel Super Speciality Hospital in Bhuj
- PM Narendra Modi virtually dedicated to the nation, 200-bed K K Patel Super Speciality Hospital in Bhuj in Kutch district of Gujarat.
- It has been built by Shree Kutchi Leva Patel Samaj, Bhuj, and is the first charitable super specialty hospital in Kutch region.
- It will guarantee quality medical treatment for the people of Kutch including lakhs of soldiers, par military personnel and traders. It is in line with the policy of Central govt to set up at least one medical college.
PM Modi unveiled 108 feet tall statue of Lord Hanuman at Morbi in Gujarat
- PM Narendra Modi has unveiled 108-feet statue of Lord Hanuman in Morbi, Gujarat on Hanuman Jayanti.
- The statue is the second of the four statues being set up in the four directions across the country, as part of ‘Hanumanji Char dham project.
- First statue of this series was set up at the Jakhu hills in the north in Shimla in 2010 and has been sculpted by a Rajasthan sculptor. The work on the statue in the south at Rameswaram has been started.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
Government surpassed its FY22 asset monetisation target; Rs 96,000 crore realised
- According to the evaluation made at a high-level review meeting, the central government has exceeded its asset monetization target of 88,000 crores for FY22 and has concluded agreements worth 96,000 crore.
- Roads, power, and coal and mineral mining are among the industries that have made significant contributions to asset monetisation. The Centre has set an asset monetisation target of over 1.6 trillion dollars for FY23, for which proposals from various ministries are in various stages of processing.
- Prominent investors who purchased assets in FY22 include CPP Investments, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and Utilico Emerging Markets Trust Plc. At the time of publication, emails made to these investors evening had gone unanswered.
- The strategy included a pipeline of assets totalling $6 trillion that would be monetised over a four-year period until FY25. As asset acquirers borrow loans and expand their operations, the government anticipates the asset sale completed in FY22 to result in additional $9 trillion in cumulative investments.
NITI Aayog will launch National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP)
- NITI Aayog is about to launch National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP) in May to provide government data in a user-friendly format, promoting data-driven decision making and research.
- It will have 200 datasets from more than 46 ministries at the launch time. New datasets will be added up to village level in the future.
- Aim: to standardize data across govt sources and provide flexible analytics that make it easy for users to analyze information using multiple datasets.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
India got elected in 4 UN ECOSOC Bodies
- India has been elected to the United Nations Economic and Social Council’s (ECOSOC) four major bodies, including the Commission on Science and Technology for Development.
- The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is one of the six principal organs of the UN System established by the UN Charter in 1945. It consists of 54 members of the United Nations elected by the General Assembly.
- To the Committee for Economic, Social and Cultural Right, Ambassador Preeti Saran has been re-elected. In 2018, she was first elected to the Asia Pacific seat on the UN’s Committee on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights. On 1st January 2019 her first four-year term began.
The 4 bodies to which India has been elected
- The Committee on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
- The Commission for Social Development
- The Committee on Non-Governmental Organisations
- The Commission on Science and Technology for Development
About United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC):
- Formation: 26 June 1945
- Headquarters: New York City, United States; Geneva, Switzerland
20th India-France Joint Staff talks held in Paris
- The 20th edition of the India-France Joint Staff talks focused on new initiatives within the framework of the existing bilateral defence cooperation mechanism, as well as improving current defence engagements.
- The two-day talks took place in a nice, warm, and courteous setting in Paris. The Joint Staff Consultations between India and France are a forum intended to improve defence cooperation between the two countries through frequent talks at the operational and strategic levels.
- The 20th edition of Joint Talks between India and France ended with the goal of actively enhancing defence cooperation.
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
- Prime Minister: Jean Castex
4th US-India 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue in Washington DC
- Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin IIIwelcomed Ministers of Defense Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Dr S. Jaishankar to Washington, D.C. for the fourth US-India 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue.
- A virtual conference between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Joseph Biden preceded the Dialogue. With a shared commitment to democracy and pluralism, a multifaceted bilateral agenda, and growing convergence of strategic interests, the United States and independent India are celebrating 75 years of diplomatic relations.
- The Ministers analysed the broader consequences of the deepening humanitarian catastrophe in Ukraine, as well as their own attempts to respond to The United States welcomed India’s commitment to participate in multilateral peacekeeping training in 2022, expand joint capacity-building efforts with third-country partners, and launch a new joint National Investigation Officers Training of Trainers course in partnership with the United Nations, recognising India’s distinguished history of leading peacekeeping missions.
Banking and Financial
Government increased authorised share capital of three General Insurance Companies’
- Three public sector general insurance businesses – National Insurance Company Limited, Oriental Insurance Company Limited, and United India Insurance Company– have had their authorised share capital increased by the This will allow for a capital inflow of Rs. 5,000 crore into these businesses.
- The permitted capital for National Insurance will now be 15,000 crore (1,500 crore shares with a face value of 10 apiece), up from the current 7,500 crore, according to a notification released by the Finance Ministry (1,500 crore shares with a face value of ten each).
- Oriental Insurance would have a market capitalization of 7,500 crore (750 crore shares with a face value of ten rupees each), up from 5,000 crore (500 crore shares with a face value of ten rupees each).
- United India Insurance’s permitted capital has been increased to Rs 7,500 crore. United India Insurance’s authorised capital has been raised from 5,000 crore (500 crore shares with a face value of 10) to 7,500 crore (750 crore shares with a face value of 10).
Paytm became official digital payments partner for Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, or Prime Ministers’ Museum, in New Delhi, to honour the efforts of all 14 Indian Prime Ministers since independence, regardless of ideology or duration in office.
- Paytm has become an official digital payments partner for the prime ministers’ museum. It is offering its payment gateway, EDC (Electronic Data Capture) machines and QR code payment options to make way for superfast, convenient and secure transactions.
- The museum, which is a tribute to former Prime Ministers of India, will be opened to the public on April 21, 2022. PM Modi also purchased the first ticket of the museum before its inauguration
- The museum is built at a cost of Rs. 271 crores. It is constructed on the site of Teen Murti Estate, which served as the home of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, for 16 years until being converted into the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) following his death.
- Founded: August 2010
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
UDAN scheme selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020
- Civil Aviation Ministry Flagship Regional Connectivity Scheme ‘Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik’ (UDAN) has been selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020 under the Innovation (General) – Central category.
- UDAN scheme emphasizes on Good Governance, Qualitative achievements, and last mile connectivity rather than only on achievement of quantitative targets. Award consists of trophy, scroll and an incentive of Rs 10 lakh.
- In a short span of five years, 415 UDAN routes have connected 66 underserved and unserved airports, including heliports and over 92 lakh people have benefited from it.
Israel tested new laser missile defense system ‘Iron Beam’
- Israel has successfully tested a new laser missile-defence system named ‘Iron Beam’. It can intercept many kinds of aerial objects ranging from missiles, rockets, anti-tank missiles and even drones.
- The Iron Beam is developed by the Rafael Advanced Defence Systems.
- It is using directed-energy weapon system and can go a long way in providing aerial defense. It is the world’s first energy-based weapons system that uses laser to shoot down incoming UAVs, rockets & mortars at $3.50 per shot.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- President: Isaac Herzog
- Prime minister: Naftali Bennett
Tamil Nadu won men’s title at 71st Senior National Basketball Championship
- Tamil Nadu defeated defending champion Punjab 87-69 in the final to win the men’s title in the 71st Senior National Basketball Championship. The formidable Indian Railways team won the women’s title, beating Telangana 131-82 in convincing fashion, riding on Poonam Chaturvedi’s 26 points.
- In the men’s summit clash, Tamil Nadu pulled ahead after a slow start when Punjab kept pace and never looked back. At half-time, the host had widened the lead to 17 with a 50-33 scoreline. An Aravind with 26 points and M Arvind Kumar (21) were in the fine nick for the home team as they stamped their authority against their arch-rival.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
New Zealand pacer Hamish Bennett announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- The 35-year-old, New Zealand pacer (fast bowler) Hamish Bennett, has announced his retirement from his 17-year-old cricket career with the 2021/22 season as the last one.
- Hamish Bennett made his international debut in October 2010 and represented New Zealand in one Test, 19 One Day International (ODIs) and 11 Twenty-20 Internationals (T20Is).
- Overall, he picked up 33 wickets in ODIs and 10 wickets in T20Is. Before retiring, Bennett represented New Zealand in T20I against Bangladesh in Mirpur, Pakistan in September 2021.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik unveiled logo of 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has unveiled the logo of the 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup at the Kalinga stadium in the capital
- To be held in the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Rourkela, the prestigious quadrennial tournament is scheduled from January 13 to 29.
- Hockey India and its official partner Odisha will host the marquee event for the second consecutive time in the country after 2018. The 15th edition of the showpiece will be staged in Bhubaneswar and Rourkela, where the country’s largest hockey stadium (New Birsa Munda International Hockey Stadium, Rourkela) is being constructed.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
14 April: National Fire Service Day
- National Fire Service Day commemorates the 71 Fire Service personnel who lost their lives during an unfortunate and massive explosion at Mumbai dockyard on April 14, 1944.
- On this day, everyone gives tribute to all those brave firefighters. The government of India also honours fearless firefighters on NFS day who have done extraordinary work in their service.
- During World War II, a major fire broke out on April 14, 1971 in the British freighter ‘SS Fort Stikine’ on Victoria dock at Bombay port in which 71 firefighters lost their lives to save lives and assets.
- Theme 2022: “Learn Fire Safety, Increase This year Productivity”
16 April: Save the Elephant Day
- Save the Elephant Day is celebrated on April 16 every year to raise awareness about the dangers elephants face and the various difficulties they have to overcome to live. Save
- The Elephant Day aims to change this alarming trend by educating people about elephants and the plights they face, encouraging everyone to do their bit and helping save them from extinction.
- The Day is established by the Thailand-based Elephant Reintroduction Foundation, to spread awareness among the general people about the significance and consequences of their actions, or inactions on the future of elephants.
16 April: World Voice Day
- World Voice Day (WVD) is celebrated globally on April 16 every year. The day is observed to demonstrate the enormous importance of the voice in the daily lives of all people.
- The Day is a global annual event dedicated to recognizing the boundless limits of the human voice. The mission is to share the excitement of the voice phenomenon with people, scientists, and other funding bodies.
- The celebration of World Voice Day was initiated by a group of vocal care professionals in Brazil. In 1999, the Brazilian Society of Laryngology and Voice under the chairmanship of Dr Nedio Steffen first celebrated the day as Brazilian Voice Day on 16 April.
- The day was also observed in Portugal and Argentina.
- Then in 2002, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery started to celebrate the day and the day earned an official recognition of World Health Day.
- Theme 2022: ‘Lift your voice’.
17 April: World Hemophilia Day
- World Hemophilia Day is observed on 17 April annually to raise awareness about hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorder
- For the unversed, hemophilia (also spelled as haemophilia) is an inherited genetic disorder in which the blood’s capacity to clot is substantially impaired, causing one to bleed excessively even from minor injuries.
- In 1937, Hemophilia was classified into two categories, A and B. But no effective treatment for the disorder was available at the time. The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) was established in 1963 to enhance treatment and care for all hemophilia patients.
- The WFH began observing World Hemophilia Day in 1989. It chose 17 April as the date to bring the community together and honour of WFH founder Frank Schnabel’s birthday.
- Theme 2022: “Access for All: Partnership. Policy. Progress. Engaging your government, integrating inherited bleeding disorders into national policy”.
Veteran television producer & actor Manju Singh passed away
- Veteran Hindi television presenter and actor Manju Singh has passed away due to cardiac arrest.
- She was one of the pioneers in Indian television industry and was fondly remembered as didi. She was the anchor of children’s program, Khel Khilone for 7 years.
- She started her career as a television producer in 1983 with Showtheme, 1st sponsored show on Indian Television. From 1984 onwards, Ek Kahani, prime time series based on literary short.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs