Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 16th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
♦ Vedanta appoints Ajay Dixit as CEO Cairn Oil & Gas
- Vedanta arm Cairn Oil & Gas has appointed Ajay Dixit as its chief executive officer, the conglomerate said in a statement on Tuesday.
- Dixit takes over the position from Sudhir Mathur, who was at the top job for seven years. The company said Mathur has quit to pursue “personal endeavors.”
- Dixit was the acting CEO of Vedanta’s aluminium and power business before being elevated to this new role. He has 39 years of experience in the energy sector and joined Vedanta in 2015 from Siemens where he was CEO – Energy for South Asia. He is an alumni of Delhi College of Engineering.
♦ India’s trade deficit reaches a record high of $176 billion in 2018-19
- Despite exports and imports growing at the same rate of 9 per cent, India’s trade deficit reached a record high of $176 billion in 2018-19.
- According to data released by the commerce and industry ministry on Monday, exports stood at $32.55 billion in March, taking the total tally in 2018-19 to $331 billion. While it is the first time that outbound trade has remained above $300 billion for two consecutive years, exports couldn’t cross the government’s internal target of $350 billion. In the 2017-18 financial year, exports stood at $303.52 billion.
- On the other hand, a continuous shoot up in imports, which grew at double digit levels for 6 of the last 12 months, took cumulative imports to a soaring high of $507.44 billion. This was nearly $42 billion more than India’s total bill in the preceding year.
♦ PM: Rs 6000 per year to farmers under Kisan Nidhi scheme
- The Prime Minister asserted Rs. 6,000 per year will be disbursed to more than 12 crore small and marginal farmers under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme.
- He also assures that government will transfer Rs 7, 50,000 crore through DBT into bank accounts of farmers within 10 years as part of the scheme.
- Taking a dig at congress Party’s Nyay scheme, the Prime Minister said all they have done is ‘Anyay’ for 60 long years.
♦ HOME EXPO INDIA 2019 BEGINS
- The 8th edition of HOME EXPO INDIA 2019 opened at India Expo Centre and Mart, Greater Noidatoday. The three-day exhibition has been organized by the Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).
- Select exhibitors, premium products and invited buyers are the attention of this year’s home expo. Buyers from more than 50 countries including USA, Europe, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, UAE, Lebanon, Iran, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Vietnam and Romania will be visiting the home expo.
- Home Expo India covers sectors with maximum thrust and growth potential in home décor, furnishing, furniture, flooring, and textiles. About 500 companies in permanent marts will be exhibiting their collection under these categories at the state of the art India Expo Centre & Mart from 16 – 18 April, 2019.
♦ AUSINDEX-19 Concludes
- The Australian and Indian Navy have concluded a two-week long bilateral maritime exercise code-named AUSINDEX on 14 Apr 19. Personnel from the Eastern Fleet bid farewell to Her Majesty’s Australian Ships Canberra, Newcastle, Paramatta and Success with a promise to meet again.
- The current edition of the exercise had the participation of the highest number of units thus far with four frontline ships with integral helicopters, one submarine and a variety of aircraft including P8I and P8A long-range Maritime Reconnaissance Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft took part from both navies. For the first time, 55 American and 20 New Zealand military personnel embarked onboard the RAN ships and witnessed the exercises during AUSINDEX-19.
♦ John Moore won the world press Photo Award 2019
- For 62 years, the World Press Photo Foundation has recognized the best contributions to visual journalism by professional photographers through its international World Press Photo Contest.
- The annual photo contest awards photographers for the best single-exposure pictures of the prior year, whether entered as singles or stories. The photos are judged for their accurate, fair, and visually compelling insights about our world.
- This year’s overall winning image was Crying Girl, showing an Honduran toddler, Yanela Sanchez, as she and her mother are taken into custody by U.S. border officials in McAllen, Texas, on June 12, 2018, taken by American photographer John Moore, a senior staff photographer and special correspondent for Getty Images.
♦ The IMF and World Bank launches “Learning Coin” to explore blockchain technologies
- The two global financial agencies The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank want to gain insights into how blockchain and cryptocurrencies work. To get a better understanding of the subject, they launched a private blockchain and quasi-cryptocurrency called “Learning Coin”, the Financial Times reports.
- The representatives of the World Bank and the IMF made it clear that the coin should not be regarded as a true cryptocurrency as it would not have a monetary value. Also, the “Learning Coin” will be accessible only within the two agencies as it is created to help the staff become familiar with the distributed ledgers, look into possible use cases of smart contracts and spot potential risks relating to money laundering and financing terrorism.
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here